ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 144
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:34 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The ravens had the ball in Titans territory 9 times. And scored 12 points.

That was a pretty flukey game.
That's the only way Tennessee can win is with bullshit/fluke plays.

In the first Chiefs/Titans game, Tennessee needed a fumble return for a TD (from a RB, Damien Williams who never fumbles), and the special teams shit show at the end to win.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:34 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I just refuse to believe Pat and Andy are going to lose a 2nd straight AFC Championship game at home to....Ryan Tannehill. I don't give a shit what Henry is doing.

This team feels like a team of destiny, I'm overly confident...I think we destroy them TBH.
The Chiefs defense is what makes this so different, IMO. You expect them to be able to get a few stops/turnovers each game.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:35 AM 01-13-2020
The ravens had the ball in Titans territory 9 times. And scored 12 points.

That was a pretty flukey game.
Not a fluke when Harbaugh goes for it on 4th and 1 and fails multiple times. The Titans earned those stops.
[Reply]
RollTide22 11:39 AM 01-13-2020
King Henry pounding that defense into submission, and AJ Brown over the top...... good luck! Y’all need it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:39 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Titans didn’t beat the Ravens as much as the Ravens beat the Ravens. They had guys open a lot but damn look at all these drops.

Lamar also has poor velocity on his outside throws as well as awful accuracy.
The Seth Roberts throw was actually a pretty damn good one - no idea how Roberts gacked that ball.

I thought the most damning play of the game for Lamar, though, was the strip-sack. His pocket awareness on that play was just soooo bad and he clearly had no internal clock. I'm pretty sure he triple clutched that ball before he got whacked.

Jackson just isn't much of a quarterback.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:41 AM 01-13-2020
I want nothing more than to curb stomp the Titans in this game.
[Reply]
O.city 11:41 AM 01-13-2020
I hate to say it about Lamar too, cause he just seems like such a good dude. He's a no bullshit kinda guy and seems like a hard worker.

But he's just not consistently accurate. I don't know that you can learn that.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:42 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by RollTide22:
King Henry pounding that defense into submission, and AJ Brown over the top...... good luck! Y’all need it.
Shutup you inbred swine. I'm surprised you took your hand out of your sister's muff long enough to type.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:45 AM 01-13-2020
I hate to say it about Lamar too, cause he just seems like such a good dude. He's a no bullshit kinda guy and seems like a hard worker.

But he's just not consistently accurate. I don't know that you can learn that.
He’s good if you don’t need him to throw outside the hashmarks. Unfortunately NFL QBs have to do that to win consistently.

Contain him in the pocket and limit this throws to TEs.....and you’ll win.
[Reply]
O.city 11:47 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Not a fluke when Harbaugh goes for it on 4th and 1 and fails multiple times. The Titans earned those stops.
For sure, they did earn the stops, but damn, 9 times in that end and only 12 points? That's rough.
[Reply]
patteeu 01-13-2020, 11:48 AM
This message has been deleted by patteeu.
duncan_idaho 11:51 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Seth Roberts throw was actually a pretty damn good one - no idea how Roberts gacked that ball.

I thought the most damning play of the game for Lamar, though, was the strip-sack. His pocket awareness on that play was just soooo bad and he clearly had no internal clock. I'm pretty sure he triple clutched that ball before he got whacked.

Jackson just isn't much of a quarterback.
The strip sack was just awful. He barely evaded the dude and then STILL double-clutched the throw.

He doesn't have the raw arm strength to make those tough intermediate throws, in the toughest area of the field to defend. Unless he does whatever Brady did to turn himself from a noodle arm into a credible passer (combination of body mechanics and body "enhancement," if you ask me), it's hard to pick that up.

He's really rough outside the hashes. He does throw a decent deep ball, so if I'm the Ravens, I'm trying to stack my WR corps with guys who can fly and win on 9s and posts. Of course, that means I have to take a TE off the field, which hurts the power run game a bit...
[Reply]
petegz28 11:53 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yes, they did. But most teams aren't going to go for it on 4th down like Baltimore does. IMO, it's stupid to do it most of the time. You saw how it led to Houston losing yesterday by going for a fake deep in their territory up by 17 in the 2nd Q. Just dumb.

Let's look at some of those..

1st Q 4th & 1 from Your own 45....goes for it instead of punting
Ten scores on 1 play on a short field

3rd Q 4th & 1 from Ten 18...goes for it instead of taking the 3
Ten scored 6 plays later..literally a 10 point swing

4th Q 4th & 5 from Ten 16 ..goes for it and doesn't get it..could have had 3

4th Q 4th & 11 from Ten 25...has to go for it because you ****ed up too many other 4th downs

Now these are admittedly "What Ifs" but that's the fun of it, right?

What if they punt early and make Ten work the field instead of giving them a 45 yard field to bust on 1 PA pass? 7 points costed there

What if they kick the FG in the 3rd instead of going for it? 3 points off the board

What if in the 4th they kick a FG the first time? 3 points.

So just to sum it up a bit they took 6 points off the board and gave Ten a short field which led to another 7. There's 13 points right there. One one of those you don't get it and it gives momentum to Ten and they score a TD 6 plays later. 20 points total.

So you can say Harbaugh's 4th down decisions cost his team 20 points give or take one way or the other.
[Reply]
jaa1025 11:53 AM 01-13-2020
This is Tennessee 4th road game in a row. Derrick Henry has over 90 carries his last 3 games. I can see Tennessee playing flat and this being a blowout.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:54 AM 01-13-2020
For sure, they did earn the stops, but damn, 9 times in that end and only 12 points? That's rough.
Should have and could have been 18 points but Harbaugh insisted on not trusting his defense I guess???
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:56 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by RollTide22:
Henry has to be about worn out. I mean hell, Marcus Peters made not one but two solo tackles on Henry. Peters never tackles anyone and is one reason he's not a Chief anymore.

This time you get to face a REAL QB with a REAL team with a REAL coach. You're gonna need to put up 45 to even have a chance.

Good Luck!
[Reply]
Page 24 of 144
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up