ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 144
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:54 AM 01-13-2020
Shit I totally forgot Butker missed an extra point, a bad snap ruined another FG and then the last one was blocked.

That is some fluky shit
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:55 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Shit I totally forgot Butker missed an extra point, a bad snap ruined another FG and then the last one was blocked.

That is some fluky shit
They need to clean that shit up.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:58 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
It's NOT gonna happen, but I would agree that IF the Chiefs got down 24-0 against the Titans, like they did the Texans, they would probably be screwed.

Now that being said, there's NO ****ING WAY that happens.

The first quarter against the Texans was every bit fluky. The final 3 quarters proved that out.

The week 10 4th quarter against the Titans was fluky. The Chiefs dominated the majority of that game. Even with injuries and it just being Mahomes first game back from the knee injury.

If both teams show up and play their 'A' game, Chiefs win walking away. It would take a C- effort from the Chiefs and some other fluky shit to lose this game. Not saying it's not ENTIRELY IMPOSSIBLE, but, yeah, it's not happening.

Chiefs will be in the Super Bowl in 3 weeks. Mark it down.
You can’t say it’s not going to happen because it just fucking did.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:58 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I was actually thinking that when we were down 21-0 and they picked up that 3rd down near our 20.

I'm standing there thinking "okay, hold them to a FG here, get a score, get a stop, get a score. Go into half down 24-14, score on the opening possession and at 24-21, they'll be heeled and we've got a good shot. But man, if this were the Titans, we'd probably be in a world of shit right now..."

Because yeah, you spot TN a 21 point lead and they can do a lot to bleed the clock on you.

I agree 100% with Andy to defer to the 2nd half precisely because it allows you to do what KC did yesterday. And I think I'd do it if the Chiefs win the toss next week. Buuuuuut....against TN I'd think a little harder. There's a real advantage to getting out in front of them early and as much as a 10-0 lead against them might be more valuable than a chance to double-dip over the halves.
I also thought I heard/read a stat where TN dominates teams in the 3rd quarter this season. That could factor into Andy's decision.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:04 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They're everything that has gotten the Chiefs beat for years and years...

"We're gonna run the ball and be physical with our game manager QB and play good defense" how many years did we do that shit and get beat by the team with the elite QB?

alot but because of my BCSD I could see us on the losing end. Once we get to the SB hopefully my BCSD will go away. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:05 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
If anything, they'd be better served to come out playing with a bit of confidence and moxie. That first quarter was an abomination of scared, anxious, and desperate football from the coaching staff on down, with the surprising exceptions of Mahomes and Reid.
Yeah - huge credit to both Reid and Mahomes.

Andy kept on dialing up plays getting guys open, Pat kept slinging it.

And dudes just kept dropping passes. But Mahomes and Reid never blinked. Man that game was a masterstroke by those 2.
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 11:05 AM 01-13-2020
Obrian really sucks doesnt he. No wonder the texans fans despise him. He took a 24-0 lead and gave the chiefs every chance to seize momentum. chiefs done great to take it and never give it back.

Sure the chiefs know as well they cant get in a similar hole vs the titans. This may have the effect on them of starting the game extra tight while the titans start loose and therefore creating a 24-0 lead.

Mostly kidding by the way
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:08 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:
Obrian really sucks doesnt he. No wonder the texans fans despise him. He took a 24-0 lead and gave the chiefs every chance to seize momentum. chiefs done great to take it and never give it back.

Sure the chiefs know as well they cant get in a similar hole vs the titans. This may have the effect on them of starting the game extra tight while the titans start loose and therefore creating a 24-0 lead.

Mostly kidding by the way
And the Titans better hope the Chiefs haven’t gotten over that and start out hot. If the Chiefs go up 21-0.....good luck coming back against that offense at home. Reid looks like he’s going for the kill shot to get that ring he deserves.
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 11:13 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And the Titans better hope the Chiefs haven’t gotten over that and start out hot. If the Chiefs go up 21-0.....good luck coming back against that offense at home. Reid looks like he’s going for the kill shot to get that ring he deserves.
Reid does deserve to win one. If you guys beat the titans i'll be pulling for you to win the big one.
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 11:15 AM 01-13-2020
Its crazy how this postseason has went. You thought you would have to win a wildcard game then travel to N.E. and baltimore to get to a super bowl. Now all you have to do is beat 2 lowly afc south teams.
[Reply]
O.city 11:15 AM 01-13-2020
That Titans running game is great. I don't think any Titans fans wanna get into a shootout with the Chiefs though.

Weird stat, I think that looking back at it, we can kinda get a feel that the Ravens kinda blew it. Credit the Titans for doing what they did for sure, Henry is a monster.

But the Titans had drive over 50 yards. They had a lot of short fields.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:16 AM 01-13-2020
They are already sizing AFC Championship rings

"The mindset has already been checked in. There is no way we're going to lose next week. Jurrell Casey is going to show up &show out. As long as everybody follows in, baby, we're going to have a good one... Play #Titans football &we will come out &be in the Super Bowl." @Jurrellc pic.twitter.com/LVZxV6QozK

— Paul Kuharsky (@PaulKuharskyNFL) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 11:17 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
That Titans running game is great. I don't think any Titans fans wanna get into a shootout with the Chiefs though.

Weird stat, I think that looking back at it, we can kinda get a feel that the Ravens kinda blew it. Credit the Titans for doing what they did for sure, Henry is a monster.

But the Titans had drive over 50 yards. They had a lot of short fields.
Titans have beat the #1 offense and the #1 defense. Vrabel has them over achieving. feels like destiny
[Reply]
FD 11:18 AM 01-13-2020
Tannehill has been hot but the truth is he is a below average QB and has needed a heroic effort by Derrick Henry to cover that up. If we can get an early lead and load up against the run Tannehill will be exposed and the game will not be close. Just need to start the game focused and sharp unlike yesterday.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:18 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
They are already sizing AFC Championship rings

Oh no

Grave mistake. They’ve started the shit talking. Hope you can back that up, fatty.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 144
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up