ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 144
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:26 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:
After 119 pages you guys still dont get it.

And saying the titans knocked you out of the playoffs on the worst call ever sums up why you dont get it.

I wont waste the time to explain it. Maybe tomorrow about 6pm i wont have to. Good luck chiefs fans, next season should be fun
Because there’s nothing for you to explain. The Chiefs are the far superior team and it isn’t even all that close. If that wasn’t true, the Titans would be the 2 seed and the Chiefs would be the team that only made the playoffs because the Texans rested their starters.

QBs win in this league. The Chiefs have the best in the league by a mile.

The Chiefs have the superior roster around that generational QB too.

Nobody gives a shit about anything the Chiefs did or didn’t do before Mahomes. It’s all irrelevant. It’s like bringing up how shitty the Colts were before Peyton or what the Patriots were before Brady. It doesn’t fucking matter.

It’s unfortunate that you’re going to log out tomorrow afternoon. You won’t stick around to eat crow. You’ll disappear like they all do.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:31 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
we have Patrick Mahomes, and you don't.
Pretty much...they want to tell themselves that Tannehill will out-duel Mahomes at home.

They got him for nothing for a reason...teams had no game-tape on him in this system.

His run is a mid-season farce...backed by a Henry explosion...he hasn't topped 10 passes in any post-season game.

It's not sustainable...if he had "elite" intangible traits..he would still be in Miami.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:31 AM 01-18-2020
After 119 pages you guys still dont get it.

And saying the titans knocked you out of the playoffs on the worst call ever sums up why you dont get it.

I wont waste the time to explain it. Maybe tomorrow about 6pm i wont have to. Good luck chiefs fans, next season should be fun

The words of a troll who has nothing and knows it.

Enjoy your offseason.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:38 AM 01-18-2020
Clark talking that shit :-)

He’s about to bring it tomorrow.
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 10:38 AM 01-18-2020
The game shall go like this.
14-10 titans lead at half.

28-24 titans win. It will be a good game though. Sorry for the spoilers
[Reply]
DRM08 10:40 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I'll tell you something you don't get. You don't get to play a QB that sucks inside the pocket this week. Brady just sucked in general against your trash defense (even Texans D looked top 10 against the Pats). Lamar Jackson not being able to scramble says everything there.

Number 15 for KC is the cream of the crop, best of the best. A once in 100 years player. And the Titans and going to stop him with a.... RB. At least not with the way our defense is playing now. Your trash defense has mismatches across the board. On top of that, Mahomes can run too. On top of Mahomes' 350 yards through the air last week, he also tallied 51 rushing yards. He's a complete play and some. Titans getting embarrassed tomorrow.
None of what you are saying about Patrick matters if the rest of the team shows up playing sloppy, unfocused football like we saw in the 1st quarter against Houston last week. They need to be very sharp this week. Tennessee will not beat themselves like we saw from Bill O'Brien & company in the 2nd quarter.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:41 AM 01-18-2020

That shit secondary and inconsistent pass rush isn’t holding Mahomes and a healthy offense to 24 at home.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:42 AM 01-18-2020

This game shall go like the dildo you inserted in your ass before posting that nastradoomus-level prediction....smooth and easy without much resistance.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:43 AM 01-18-2020

:-)

Jesus, you are a fucking moron. Fuck off already.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:43 AM 01-18-2020

24 points?

You think you're going to hold Mahomes to 24 points?

[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:45 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Clark talking that shit :-)

He’s about to bring it tomorrow.
He’s going to be in Lewan’s head all game
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:50 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
Yes. The first game was pretty much dominated by a somewhat skittish and immobile Mahomes behind an o-line that shouldn’t be starting college football games. Last week Mahomes’s pocket awareness was probably the best I’ve seen all year. Our pass protection was phenomenal and he was stepping up in the pocket and delivering dimes. The first game we had our way with them and, per the usual script when we play the Titans, we shot ourselves in the foot. I understand games aren’t played on paper, but the Chiefs are the better team and it isn’t particularly close. Same could be said for Baltimore and look what happened to them. As Ragland said this week, just do your job and we should be fine.

I anticipate a ton of blitzing by the Tits. They cannot generate consistent pressure without doing so. I can’t imagine they just sit back and let Mahomes shred them the entire game as that will not play out well for them. And after last week’s game, teams cannot sleep on Mahomes’s ability to escape the pocket and run. He will take that opportunity if teams are playing man coverage, leaving a huge chunk of the field wide open. The Tits want you to run the ball, that’s where their defense is built to win. When you have an elite QB who can sling the ball anywhere on the field, that’s what will make them piss down their leg.
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
If Andy calls what I think he's going to call, the Chiefs will score four TDs in the first half. Maybe 5. He's not going to call many runs. Less than 10 for sure. He's going to try to bury the Titans in points early, and force them to throw the ball a lot early. Take Henry away by using their running game against them. Make Vrabel get into a shoot-out with us.

If Andy can hang a 20+ point lead on the Titans in the first half, I don't think the Titans have the firepower to keep up.
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Yep...he looked like last years MVP for the first time since the Raiders game.

If he's tapped into that level of unconscious play...there is no team that can stop him...you know...unless the refs decide to make Brady look relevant and give him legacy gifts at pivotal moments.

Tannehill doesn't get those calls...which if people are being objective...is the reason the Patriots won last year. That bogus call on Chris Jones was only dwarfed by the ending of the Saints game.

The first match-up shouldn't have been close...PMII loss of mobility/rust was a huge factor...even if Titans fans choose to ignore it.

Dude just rolled a 51-7 clip in the most dire of dire situations...he's not Lamar Jackson/Brady-corpse. He's the most bad-ass QB I've ever seen...
Doesn't Damien Williams have to have to Chiefs all-time record for most TDs scored in the post-season? It's hilarious in a way.
He missed a few throws and was a bit hobbled in the earlier game against Tennessee but he threw the ball 50 times for about 450 yards -- he made it look really easy it that game too. That was like the Rams game -- guys running wide open all over the place.
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Like the Patriots, Baltimore was never as good as their record. Their season was a complete fluke. They were a 90s era martyball squad with Michael Vick behind center. And that plays perfectly for the Titans, because the only thing the Tennessee defense does well is defend the run. So even if there was a disparity in talent - and I don't actually think it was all that large between the Ravens and Titans - the match-up was as favorable as Tennessee was going to find in the divisional round.

On the flip side, we are a horrible matchup for them. We're a passing team that can score quickly. They could conceivably ugly up the game as much as possible, run Henry until his legs fall off, double up our time of possession and still lose by double digits. The only way they have any chance is if we hand them points and make multiple special teams goofs, like in the regular season game. And I just have a hard time seeing the Chiefs lose focus like that a second time, much less a week after we spot Houston 24 points.

If the Chiefs don't go in too cocky, just play their game, focus on executing what they do best without committing a bunch of mistakes, this game should be a pretty convincing win.
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
In a way..the last match-up mirrors the Ravens play-off game. Baltimore would likely beat them 9 out of 10 match-ups...Ingram injured (Hill injured). Team rusty and entitled.

Titans had every conceivable break fall their way. Immobile Mahomes, Watkins dropping a 3rd down conversion, fumble bouncing, just so...it allowed a 50 yard TD. PM just barely overthrowing Hill for an easy TD. Botched snap FG. 4th and 18 conversion. 2 pt conversion. Blocked FG.

Any one of those leads to a Titans loss...it happens. Sometimes the gods smile on you. I wouldn't bank on a "perfect storm" again....and if things arent perfect...Chiefs are the superior team.
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Gotta make a few points that have likely been discussed already.

-Jones, Suggs, Penel, Eric Fisher did not play against TEN earlier this year.

- Mahomes and Clark were both playing injured.

- This was the last poor game our D had before it went on that tear finishing the season as the best D in the NFL over the next seven games.

My conclusion: At the end of the day, its gonna come down to Ryan Tannehill making plays, not Derick Henry. No RB can out slug this offense. And the D is gonna play in a way that sets up bombs for Tannehill. But none of it will be enough. Titans have to score 40 to have a chance. They wont do it. Their secondary cant match us.
Sure, we're talking up our team to each other -- but there is a reason that the Chiefs are a big favorite in this game. We're at home, and more importantly, we have Patrick Mahomes, and you don't. Without constant offensive line break downs or a bunch of dropped passes, it's going to be a long day for your defense.
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Because there’s nothing for you to explain. The Chiefs are the far superior team and it isn’t even all that close. If that wasn’t true, the Titans would be the 2 seed and the Chiefs would be the team that only made the playoffs because the Texans rested their starters.

QBs win in this league. The Chiefs have the best in the league by a mile.

The Chiefs have the superior roster around that generational QB too.

Nobody gives a shit about anything the Chiefs did or didn’t do before Mahomes. It’s all irrelevant. It’s like bringing up how shitty the Colts were before Peyton or what the Patriots were before Brady. It doesn’t ****ing matter.

It’s unfortunate that you’re going to log out tomorrow afternoon. You won’t stick around to eat crow. You’ll disappear like they all do.
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
If Chiefs execute they win. Period.

Catch the ball and don’t give up a long run, a blocked kick, a missed snap, a fumble going in for a score, or a bizarre penalty reversal and we are fine.
Absolutely LOVE the enthusiasm here in these posts and these posts are very true and factual in normal conditions. BUT we need to "pump the brakes" a bit. Here we sit behind our computers and phones all suited up game ready to play this game in our 68 degree temperature homes. Forgetting that the weather tomorrow is far more conducive to the run game of which we really don't have any. 20 degree high, with 50% humidity with an 11mph wind feels like 6 degrees which is not really favorable to a high octane passing game.

Bottom line: Blocking and Tackling are not fun when it is bitter cold, SO as 'Ringleader' said who executes better in these conditions will win. Because to Ringleader's point that I have highlighted further catching the ball, giving up long runs, allowing blocked kicks, missing a snap, and fumbling are much easier in these conditions. Hopefully for our Chiefs winning the AFCCG and going to the SB is more than enough to overcome these weather adversities.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:50 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
24 points?

You think you're going to hold Mahomes to 24 points?

We may have 24 in the 2nd qtr alone.
[Reply]
burt 10:50 AM 01-18-2020

Sweetheart, I'll take a shot of what you're drinking. Now run along like a good little girl....... but thanks for the laughs.:-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:50 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
He’s going to be in Lewan’s head all game
I can’t find the quotes but it was on GMFB this morning — he said he’s the aggressor and doesn’t think Henry is even one of the hardest backs to tackle.

He brings an attitude that I want the defense to have. And unlike Earl Thomas, I think he can back it up.
[Reply]
Page 120 of 144
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130 > Last »
Up