ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 145
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Gasoline over $4 coming to a pump near you because this thread is ass
Donger 08:40 AM 04-23-2007
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=afOlUzd30YOo

Pretty alarmist, IMO, but possible.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 10:11 PM 05-26-2021
This is Not Donger's fault.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:28 PM 05-26-2021
I can't remember the last time I even looked at gas prices. What is even the point of it? Are you really not going to buy it? What are you going to do, whip out the ol'Schwinn and pedal foot it? Or beat feet it? Fuck that nonsense. You're going to buy it just like the rest of us commoners.

I'm not going to traipse around just to get a few cents off only to save 40 cents on a tank either. Another waste of time. Quality of fuel should be the only concern.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:30 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I can't remember the last time I even looked at gas prices. What is even the point of it? Are you really not going to buy it? What are you going to do, whip out the ol'Schwinn and pedal foot it? Or beat feet it? Fuck that nonsense. You're going to buy it just like the rest of us commoners.

I'm not going to traipse around just to get a few cents off only to save 40 cents on a tank either. Another waste of time. Quality of fuel should be the only concern.
Well look at Mr Moneybags here...doesn't have to worry about the price of gas.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:40 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yes it is
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:46 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Hardly.

I learned a long time ago to worry about the shit I can control and don't give a fuck about the shit I can't.

How much impact do you think you have as an individual on the price of gas?

How much of an impact as a individual do you have on your choice of quality of gas you put in your grocery getter?

The gas in your region/area comes from all the same place. Doesn't matter if you buy it from Chevron, Phillips, QuikTrip, KwikShop, or some company or even a mom and pop, The only difference in the fuel from place to place is the additives that each company will order with their fuel. That few cents you are saving on gas may be causing more long term damage to your modern engine by not adding in the additives they should.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:01 PM 05-26-2021
Hardly.

I learned a long time ago to worry about the shit I can control and don't give a fuck about the shit I can't.

How much of an impact as a individual do you have on your choice of quality of gas you put in your grocery getter?

The gas in your region/area comes from all the same place. Doesn't matter if you buy it from Chevron, Phillips, QuikTrip, KwikShop, or some company or even a mom and pop, The only difference in the fuel from place to place is the additives that each company will order with their fuel. That few cents you are saving on gas may be causing more long term damage to your modern engine by not adding in the additives they should.
Eh, I was mostly just fucking with you. I know I have no impact or control over the price of gas, but I do have control over my driving habits, and believe me that back in 2007 when it was skyrocketing towards $4/gal I absolutely was adjusting them. Yes I still had to buy it but I sure as hell didn't want to buy any more than I needed.

As far as quality of fuel, I have a 1996 Camaro that I will not put ethanol into, and I also won't use it in any small engine. My daily driver...meh...I throw whatever into it.
[Reply]
eDave 03:56 AM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Keep politics out of this.
[Reply]
Donger 08:00 AM 05-27-2021
Now $3.04

Sorry, Bowser.
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:25 AM 05-27-2021
My motorcycle gets 65mpg. Glad it is finally summer.
Cost me $10-11 bucks to fill and a range of 225 miles.
Much better then filling up my 38 Gallon Tundra truck.
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:45 AM 05-27-2021
Hardly.

I learned a long time ago to worry about the shit I can control and don't give a **** about the shit I can't.

Gomer Pyle here has some very strong opinions about petrol products.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:58 AM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
$2.56 here for a long time.
Just seen it dropped to $2.75
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:10 AM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Permanent WFH kicks ass. Gas can go to $5 a gallon and I still wouldn't give a shit.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:32 AM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Permanent WFH kicks ass. Gas can go to $5 a gallon and I still wouldn't give a shit.
You don't ever drive anywhere else?

And even if you didn't, or didn't even own a car, I'm fairly certain you'd feel an economic impact one way or another if fuel costs were to go that high.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:38 AM 05-27-2021

[Reply]
Donger 11:40 AM 05-27-2021
I like the way you think.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 145
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111 > Last »
Up