ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Media Center>The Blacklist
Mojo Jojo 05:59 PM 09-22-2013
The one new show I have been looking forward to. Premieres tomorrow night. Anyone else planning to watch/follow?
[Reply]
unlurking 08:32 AM 04-17-2016
So who gets the baby?

Wonder what the story arc is gonna be in the spinoff. There were a lot of times I would have stopped watching this show it it weren't for Spader. Not sure a spinoff will fare as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:05 AM 04-17-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:
So who gets the baby?

Wonder what the story arc is gonna be in the spinoff. There were a lot of times I would have stopped watching this show it it weren't for Spader. Not sure a spinoff will fare as well.
I agree about Spader. The only reason this show separates itself from all the other BS on TV is Spader.

The whining Elizabeth turned a lot of people off. Like in Homeland with the teenage daughter whining all the time. Who wants to watch people whining all the time?

I don't see a non-Spader spinoff show being worth watching. I understand NBC's motives, they are desperate for hit shows.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:19 AM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I agree about Spader. The only reason this show separates itself from all the other BS on TV is Spader.

The whining Elizabeth turned a lot of people off. Like in Homeland with the teenage daughter whining all the time. Who wants to watch people whining all the time?

I don't see a non-Spader spinoff show being worth watching. I understand NBC's motives, they are desperate for hit shows.
I agree. Spader is an 11.

Famke Janssen is supposed to be the other lead. I really like the Solomon character. He could have had potential for being a quality antagonist to Red. Similar circumstance - before the Kabal turned on him, and now a FA with equal resources and contacts.

As for Liz, I don’t think NBC knows because the actress has expressed wanting to leave the show to be with her newborn. They have obviously left the plot open to her death being faked since it is the only thing that would stop them coming after her. So, she may be gone, or on extended hiatus.
[Reply]
frankotank 09:34 AM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Maybe......conspiracy theory........they gave her the drug that slows down her heart rate to where it looks like she died. The old lady went in and talk to her alone. The old lady told her of the plan for her to disappear. She already told Raymond she would not be safe around him. Maybe did this on her own?

Although I am tired of the BS of her whining about Redmond.
I thought almost this exact thing...but with a twist.
she keeps wondering if her mother is trying to track her down. IF she stays on the show....I was thinking they may have the fake death occur because of her mother....as in her mother had something to do with it so she could get her outta there....clean break. :-)
[Reply]
frankotank 09:41 AM 04-21-2016
also....it's been revealed that Liz shot her father.
while I understand that Red could be her biological....that just seems to obvious.
[Reply]
frankotank 02:47 PM 05-06-2016
anybody still watching?
this is still one of my fav shows.

is Scottie Hargrave actually Katarina Rostova.....Liz's mother?
I thought we'd eventually find this to be true. but then she was so clinical and unemotional discussing here passing. but then she's a cold blooded killer.....

I LOOOOOOVED Scotties negotiation technique! :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:17 PM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
is Scottie Hargrave actually Katarina Rostova.....Liz's mother?
I thought we'd eventually find this to be true. but then she was so clinical and unemotional discussing here passing. but then she's a cold blooded killer.....

I LOOOOOOVED Scotties negotiation technique! :-)
I don't think so. Too obvious.
[Reply]
unlurking 03:35 PM 05-16-2016
Well, that was different. But somehow not.

Love Red going on a tear, but the Tom sideshow doesn't hold much appeal for me. Especially with Mommy seeming to have a thing for him.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 12:19 AM 05-20-2016
So, uh yeah. Hey there Liz's dad.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:36 PM 05-20-2016
It was just too obvious. Told a friend of mine after her "death", she wasn't really dead, the old gal helped her and stashed her in another country until she could be reunited with Tom and the baby. I didn't think it was going to take all season to for them to bring her back though.
I'm getting tired of the main story line being about someone trying to kill her. They should just change the name from "The Blacklist" to "Someone Kill Da Bitch".
[Reply]
frankotank 01:26 PM 05-23-2016
OK...so Scottie is Tom's dad.

Alex...no freaking way he's Liz's dad. I figured her dad would never be revealed to be Red as it's just too obvious....but now I'm not so sure. it ain't Alex though.

maybe Tom and Liz will end up being half siblings...sharing Red as a father and the child will end up having inbred issues? :-)
[Reply]
old_geezer 05:29 PM 05-23-2016
Originally Posted by stumppy:
It was just too obvious. Told a friend of mine after her "death", she wasn't really dead, the old gal helped her and stashed her in another country until she could be reunited with Tom and the baby. I didn't think it was going to take all season to for them to bring her back though.
I'm getting tired of the main story line being about someone trying to kill her. They should just change the name from "The Blacklist" to "Someone Kill Da Bitch".
I gotta agree with this. I am so tired of Liz on the run. Hell, that's all it's been for the last 2 years. I really enjoyed this show; it was my favorite for the first year or two when Red and Liz were working together. Now I'm not even looking forward to next season. Please return to the early Liz and Red dynamics. :-)
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:54 PM 05-23-2016
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
I gotta agree with this. I am so tired of Liz on the run. Hell, that's all it's been for the last 2 years. I really enjoyed this show; it was my favorite for the first year or two when Red and Liz were working together. Now I'm not even looking forward to next season. Please return to the early Liz and Red dynamics. :-)
Pretty sure that is the direction it's going back to - which is why Red is pushing for Liz to get a Presidential pardon. Then she can be an FBI agent again...
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:31 AM 05-24-2016
Random thoughts:

I don't really think the writers of this show had planned this whole baby thing.
Liz getting preg in real life forced their hand into writing it out the way it is.

Kinda sucks due to how well the show started off.

Thanks to Spader, I will keep watching.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:58 PM 05-24-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Pretty sure that is the direction it's going back to - which is why Red is pushing for Liz to get a Presidential pardon. Then she can be an FBI agent again...
I thought she was going off with the Tom spin off?
[Reply]
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Up