ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 38
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WTF is with the defense?
petegz28 10:41 PM 11-22-2020
That's 2 games in a row they really didn't do a fucking thing. Carr had all fucking night to throw. Guys are dropping shoulders and not wrapping up. YAC is killing us. Receivers are running wide open.

I will give them some credit in that I thought they stopped the run fairly well against the Raiders.

No pass rush
No tackling
No attitude

WTF?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:06 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
lol no it is not.
If it weren't for certain people fighting back against it, yeah it would be.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:07 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's not just hope, there's PRECEDENT.

For some people here, it's like last year never happened.

That's the real frustrating part.

CP has been around for 20 years, some of us have been fans for 30, 40, or even 50 years.

Last year was the culmination of DECADES of fan frustration and it's like it NEVER ****ING HAPPENED.

This place is as miserable as it ever was.
What are you gonna do? Some people are just comfortable being miserable.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:08 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
There's plenty of options.

I know yesterday I skipped the game thread and it was a lot better.

I'm honestly just sick of reading the stupid hot takes and "they suck" bullshit.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:09 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's because our offense had long sustained drives. If they didn't Raiders probably could have dropped 40 on us and had God knows how many yards.
That's true. But you could say that about most any game.

My point was just like Marty Schottenheimer used to say. It's never as good or as bad as it looks.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:10 AM 11-23-2020
There's plenty of options.

I know yesterday I skipped the game thread and it was a lot better.

I'm honestly just sick of reading the stupid hot takes and "they suck" bullshit.
I understand. With some people, it seems as though it is all or nothing. It is either we're going to destroy or we suck. There is no in between.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:10 AM 11-23-2020
Yeah pretty much all of our best players are on O so this is to be expected I guess. It's how we've built this team to have an offensive powerhouse and a decent D.

Problem is D doesn't appear to be decent it seems like it is bad but we'll see how rest of year goes. They could improve. Like someone else said 9-1 is nothing to complain about but i don't think we will beat Steelers unless our D improves. They are much more balanced than us at this point.
At worst, we have a 50/50 shot against the Steelers.

Mahomes has never lost by more than 1 possession. Also, the Texans, Broncos, Titans, Ravens, and Cowboys managed to keep their games with the Steelers to one possession. If they can, so can we.

They won’t blow us out, so we’ll at least have a chance. I’ll take the team with the better QB in a close AFCCG.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:10 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Did Chiefs not have a bad defensive performance last night? Yeah we won but I don't see how anyone cant be concerned that doesn't mean we are miserable. I'm loving every second of this era but our defense looks like they are getting worse as year goes on.

Sorry if reality is hard for some of you.

Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
At worst, we have a 50/50 shot against the Steelers.

Mahomes has never lost by more than 1 possession. Also, the Texans, Broncos, Titans, Ravens, and Cowboys managed to keep their games with the Steelers to one possession. If they can, so can we.

They won’t blow us out, so we’ll at least have a chance. I’ll take the team with the better QB in a close AFCCG.
Yeah that's true. Long as we have Mahomes/Reid we will always be there just like BB/Brady in their prime.

We are very very lucky. Still D was bad last night. Hope that doesn't continue.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:11 AM 11-23-2020
Last night I don't remember seeing a single offensive holding call. There may have been one against the Chiefs but I am confident there was not one called against the Raiders.

I remember seeing both Clark and Jones practically tackled.

Sunday night shootout was good for ratings
[Reply]
Lzen 09:13 AM 11-23-2020
Sorry, but I don't buy it.

For people that actually appreciate it, that Super Bowl win erased it all.

There's just people here that live to bitch, they'll never change.
It should be noted that yes, you are correct in that there is precedent. This team came around last season and started playing really well down the stretch of the regular season. But there is also historical NFL precedent that SB teams a lot of times tend to let up just a bit the next season and that can cause them to not get back to the promised land. I guess we'll see which one is this team. I'm holding out hope that they will be more like last season's team.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:16 AM 11-23-2020
Did Chiefs not have a bad defensive performance last night? Yeah we won but I don't see how anyone cant be concerned that doesn't mean we are miserable. I'm loving every second of this era but our defense looks like they are getting worse as year goes on.

Yeah that's true. Long as we have Mahomes/Reid we will always be there just like BB/Brady in their prime.

I wasn't really speaking of you, specifically. But there are people on here who will always whine about something. And I have no problem discussing the faults of my team. But when people act as though the sky is falling then that's not even being realistic.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:17 AM 11-23-2020
That game had a very 2018 feel to it. I'm sure that's been mentioned several times, but man that shit was frustrating to watch.

Thank god we have the greatest football player on the planet playing the QB position
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:18 AM 11-23-2020

At this time last year, the defense was WORSE than it is now.

That team won the Super Bowl.

THAT is reality.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:19 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Last night I don't remember seeing a single offensive holding call. There may have been one against the Chiefs but I am confident there was not one called against the Raiders.

I remember seeing both Clark and Jones practically tackled.

Sunday night shootout was good for ratings
The Raiders haven't had a holding penalty for almost a month.

Not a single one.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:19 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
That game had a very 2018 feel to it. I'm sure that's been mentioned several times, but man that shit was frustrating to watch.

Thank god we have the greatest football player on the planet playing the QB position
2018 again. It's always 2018.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:20 AM 11-23-2020

It's hard to say. Last night's performance was miserable but I have seen this team kind of skate through games in the middle of the year before.

We aren't a team like the Bills or Browns who run through the wall 100 MPH right now. Reid doesn't crack the whip every game. Let's hope the D picks it up this week because if they don't we will lose to Tampa. They have a good OL and much better WR's than Vegas and Brady> Carr.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 38
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up