ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 386
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:48 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Pretty sure they're going to stick together in some form or fashion the rest of the series. Kingsguard?
Beric and Tormund stayed at Eastwatch. Hound and Jorah went on the ship with Jon and Dany. Don't know where Gendry went.

Edit: I am assuming Gendry stayed at Eastwatch too considering who he is and Dany well being Dany.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:55 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Beric and Tormund stayed at Eastwatch. Hound and Jorah went on the ship with Jon and Dany. Don't know where Gendry went.
Jon told Gendry to run to Dragonstone so he could let Tyrion know that the rest of them were on their way back.
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:58 PM 08-21-2017
Is it me or are these episodes mostly filler with one or 2 good scenes? I'm definitely fast forwarding through the Arya/Sansa scenes. Boooooringggg.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:58 PM 08-21-2017
I wonder what Jon is going to think when he learns that Dany burned the Tarleys alive.

Remember, he hates what he is good at because he knows there is nothing on the other side of death.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:39 AM 08-22-2017

Edit: I am assuming Gendry stayed at Eastwatch too considering who he is and Dany well being Dany.
I would assume Gendry and Davos got on the boat too.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:48 AM 08-22-2017

As far as we know on the show, Dany doesn't know about Gendry's linage.
[Reply]
Swanman 08:08 AM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by RustShack:
I would assume Gendry and Davos got on the boat too.
Duh, someone needs to do the rowing.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:29 AM 08-22-2017
I was watching Man of Steel last night just for fun, and I realized what it is that I'm finding disappointing about GoT these days. The whole appeal of GoT in the beginning is that it WASN'T like all of the other fantasy shows out there. People died, war was ugly, and actions came back to haunt people.

Now, GoT has red shirts, and the main characters have rock solid plot armor. That doesn't mean that it's inherently a bad show, but it just isn't the show that we all used to love it for.

Oh well. At least there will be an ending at some point.
[Reply]
Swanman 09:38 AM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I was watching Man of Steel last night just for fun, and I realized what it is that I'm finding disappointing about GoT these days. The whole appeal of GoT in the beginning is that it WASN'T like all of the other fantasy shows out there. People died, war was ugly, and actions came back to haunt people.

Now, GoT has red shirts, and the main characters have rock solid plot armor. That doesn't mean that it's inherently a bad show, but it just isn't the show that we all used to love it for.

It was very akin to The Wire in many ways. Based in fantasy but with a gritty realism and there weren't always happy endings. Hell, there were rarely happy endings.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:18 AM 08-22-2017

Only Martin does that well. Once he decided to let Hollywood writers ghost write his story for him this was going to happen.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:50 AM 08-22-2017
The shortened schedule is going to screw up this show. I know the actors want a ton of money but this show has to be making HBO a metric shit ton of money.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:17 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
The shortened schedule is going to screw up this show. I know the actors want a ton of money but this show has to be making HBO a metric shit ton of money.
The money is definitely part of it but consider if they'd kept the pace. I'd bet there would be 5 or 6 more seasons.

That's a lot actor payroll but same as onsite filming, effects, costume, whatever.

Moreover there is the problems of other actors taking jobs outside of GOT. Emilia Clark, Sophie Turner, Kit Harrington, Dinklage and Ian Glenn have all been fairly busy while they're doing GOT. That part won't get any better and could become a problem.

EDIT: I agree the schedule isn't optimal. But I can't blame them and it is still one of the best shows on TV.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:20 PM 08-22-2017
I don't think they would need to expand it another 5-6 seasons. I just think they could have made two full seasons and it would have been fine. 13 episodes isn't enough.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:28 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Jon told Gendry to run to Dragonstone so he could let Tyrion know that the rest of them were on their way back.
:-)
[Reply]
vailpass 12:33 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Is it me or are these episodes mostly filler with one or 2 good scenes? I'm definitely fast forwarding through the Arya/Sansa scenes. Boooooringggg.

Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Only Martin does that well. Once he decided to let Hollywood writers ghost write his story for him this was going to happen.
Yes, yep , and yeah. *sigh*
[Reply]
Page 98 of 386
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198 > Last »
Up