ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 386
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147197 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:18 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's the truth though, lol.

Millions watched the show last night. Those millions will assume those who love the show will have watched it as well. And once the episode airs, it's public knowledge now. It could come across your Instagram, Twitter feed, a community forum and even your nightly news.

If you can't bare to have it spoiled then stay off any cultural mediums until you watch it.

You have your rule and the rest of the world has theirs.
Trust me on this. There is no middle ground on spoilers. There is no "common sense" solution. People are going to fuck with others using spoilers for fun. People are going to demand no spoilers. With a popular show like this, you just have to have a spoiler thread and a non spoiler thread.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:23 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Trust me on this. There is no middle ground on spoilers. There is no "common sense" solution. People are going to fuck with others using spoilers for fun. People are going to demand no spoilers. With a popular show like this, you just have to have a spoiler thread and a non spoiler thread.
It wasn't even this thread:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:33 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I guess we know this spoiler photo wasn't accurate. :-)

Its the dragon on the right. Kills me every single time.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:42 PM 08-21-2017
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

This is from the old GoT thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289801

It's my opinion that if you actually give a shit about avoiding spoilers for a very popular TV show then don't engage in a social media platform before watching an episode that has already been aired. Once it's aired it's out there. Don't be a baby and expect everyone to mind what they say on an internet message board just for you.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:55 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

This is from the old GoT thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289801

It's my opinion that if you actually give a shit about avoiding spoilers for a very popular TV show then don't engage in a social media platform before watching an episode that has already been aired. Once it's aired it's out there. Don't be a baby and expect everyone to mind what they say on an internet message board just for you.
Except for the episodes HBO airs on tv in other countries in advance of US airing.
Shits getting complicated. But yeah. The minute after the episode airs on hbo in the US it's fair game. Until then, no bueno.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:06 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Except for the episodes HBO airs on tv in other countries in advance of US airing.
Shits getting complicated. But yeah. The minute after the episode airs on hbo in the US it's fair game. Until then, no bueno.
Yeah, that was a screw up, I wouldn't count that as non spoiler.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:14 PM 08-21-2017
Jesus fuck. Shut the fuck up about it already. I'm betting Tribal won't do it again.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:11 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Jesus ****. Shut the **** up about it already. I'm betting Tribal won't do it again.
From whence shall we expect the approach of danger? Shall some trans-Atlantic military giant step the earth and crush us at a blow? Never. All the armies of Europe and Asia...could not by force take a drink from the Ohio River or make a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years. No, if destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide.
Abraham Lincoln
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:20 PM 08-21-2017
TW does not kneel.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:31 PM 08-21-2017
From whence shall we expect the approach of danger? Shall some trans-Atlantic military giant step the earth and crush us at a blow? Never. All the armies of Europe and Asia...could not by force take a drink from the Ohio River or make a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years. No, if destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide.
Abraham Lincoln
Damn, dude, put that shit in spoiler tags. Some people haven't read that yet.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:37 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Damn, dude, put that shit in spoiler tags. Some people haven't read that yet.
:-) mah bad
[Reply]
listopencil 08:38 PM 08-21-2017
:-) mah bad

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:47 PM 08-21-2017
I'm actually someone what disappointed we only got one episode with the GoT A-Team wandering in the snowy wilderness.

That could have an an epic season-long journey with a far greater goal than "find a random zombie."
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:53 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'm actually someone what disappointed we only got one episode with the GoT A-Team wandering in the snowy wilderness.

That could have an an epic season-long journey with a far greater goal than "find a random zombie."
Yep, the interactions between them alone would have made great TV.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:54 PM 08-21-2017
Pretty sure they're going to stick together in some form or fashion the rest of the series. Kingsguard?
[Reply]
patteeu 08-21-2017, 09:33 PM
This message has been deleted by patteeu.
Page 97 of 386
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147197 > Last »
Up