ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 201 of 386
« First < 101151191197198199200201 202203204205211251301 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Jerm 09:35 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah....I honestly have no clue what the fuck is going on. The Night King has to be smart enough to know that if he falls....his entire army is done. So their plan of luring him to Bran....probably isn't going to work. I would love to see an episode where Cersei gets fucking taken down or left for dead in Kings Landing.
Jaime made a great point....he never exposes himself, that's why Bran's great plan is doomed to fail lol.

I mean the one time he really did was at Hardhome and that was a total suck my dick move, he was never in danger.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:39 AM 04-22-2019
It'd be kind of a letdown in my eyes if they kill off the Night King in episode three and the last three episodes are dealing with Cersei and the Golden Army.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:43 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I'm not too sure that the good guys are going to win in this one. At least not your stereotypical "good guys win" ending.
Martin certainly wouldn’t do that ending.

D&D might.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:46 AM 04-22-2019
I think the real twist is that fire will not work on the NK.

The NK wasn't afraid of the dragons. Walked through the fire created by the COF, and that twist was set-up by Jon's question to Bran last night.

The twist in the battle will be a moment of what feels like triumph when they take down the undead dragon (looking like they're about to finish the NK) but when they're about to deliver the final blow, he resists it and instead delivers the killing blow to Theon or another character of importance.

I also would love it if the NK caught Longclaw (a play on the Longclaw twist in Hardhome in S5), and shattered it when it seemed like Jon was going to deliver the killing blow.

In short - I will be very disappointed if the White Walkers are taken out next week. I think the seeds have been planted for KL burning for a while, and I'd love if the Walkers were the cause of that.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:47 AM 04-22-2019
My thoughts:

1. I just know i'm going to be bummed when a Dragon dies.

2. I thought they laid the Tormund love on a little thick. But the tit milk story was great.

3. The look on Jon Snow's face down in the crypt: "Bitch, i just told you that i'm your nephew. I'm an auntie-fucker and you're worried about the throne??"

4. Cersi said that Jaime put a baby in her. But she was lying obviously. Meanwhile, Euron actually did put a baby in her (my guess). This seems like this will be very important later, which tells me Jaime lives through next week's battle.

5. Really? You're going to put the weiner-less wonder to guard Bran, the dude the Night's King is looking for? Pfffffff.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:51 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
My thoughts:

2. I thought they laid the Tormund love on a little thick. But the tit milk story was great.

3. The look on Jon Snow's face down in the crypt: "Bitch, i just told you that i'm your nephew. I'm an auntie-fucker and you're worried about the throne??"

4. Cersi said that Jaime put a baby in her. But she was lying obviously. Meanwhile, Euron actually did put a baby in her (my guess). This seems like this will be very important later, which tells me Jaime lives through next week's battle.

5. Really? You're going to put the weiner-less wonder to guard Bran, the dude the Night's King is looking for? Pfffffff.
You know that Drogon is going to die. It's going to happen.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:54 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
My thoughts:

3. The look on Jon Snow's face down in the crypt: "Bitch, i just told you that i'm your nephew. I'm an auntie-****er and you're worried about the throne??"

With 2, it's Tormund's last night on earth. I can't blame him for being a little thirsty. Just imagine a guy at 3 AM browsing tinder or scanning the bar after last call.

It also set-up the beautifully done knighting scene. What I did appreciate is we didn't get any Bachelorette esque drama between Tormund and Jaime there. Instead of trying to 1-up Jaime, Tormund was geniunely happy for Brienne in that moment - which I loved and thought it was right in line with every character in the room.

This also isn't talked about - but that was also the first scene where we saw Pod with the two people he's served in the show (Tyrion/Brienne) and I thought that was a fun contrast to see play out in that scene.
[Reply]
otherstar 10:02 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
yeah, I saw her on one of those late night talk shows where she mentioned her age. I’m no shrinking violet. I’m the one that started a thread on this board with 100K views of naked women. But, it still made me a little uncomfortable.
Me too, but not because of her current age...it's because she's been on the show since she was 11!! :-)
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:29 AM 04-22-2019
It would make sense for him to go down to King's Landing, how many people are in Winterfell? Like 10000-15000? How many people are in King's Landing? Millions? Get your Army built up and run over anyone.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:33 AM 04-22-2019
Does Kings Landing have anything that would even harm Viserion/Night King? With how fast they move they could wreck the whole place with blue fire and be done with it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:37 AM 04-22-2019
After watching it a second time, it's hard to express just how good that episode was.

I'm adding Jorah to my list of those likely to fall. The way they focused on him at the end, with Sam's sword and then on horseback. And then he was the last face in the montage in the trailer for next week. That one's going to really gut me, if he goes down.

That knighting scene was marvelous, on second view. As honest a character scene as that show has ever had, for everyone in the room.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:39 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
After watching it a second time, it's hard to express just how good that episode was.

I'm adding Jorah to my list of those likely to fall. The way they focused on him at the end, with Sam's sword and then on horseback. And then he was the last face in the montage in the trailer for next week. That one's going to really gut me, if he goes down.

That knighting scene was marvelous, on second view. As honest a character scene as that show has ever had, for everyone in the room.
I'm glad to see this episode getting mainly positive reviews here. Another forum I frequent is hating on the episode pretty hard as being boring, a waste, and not moving things forward.

I will say that my love for the episode, though, is based on the assumption that it was the calm before the storm and next week (and subsequent episodes) will move things forward quickly.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:39 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Does Kings Landing have anything that would even harm Viserion/Night King? With how fast they move they could wreck the whole place with blue fire and be done with it.
Qyburn’s ballista, yo.

But they’re likely not prepared, so.....
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:40 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Qyburn’s ballista, yo.

But they’re likely not prepared, so.....
Yeah, no. That's just not believable that anyone can hit Viserion.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:43 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I'm glad to see this episode getting mainly positive reviews here. Another forum I frequent is hating on the episode pretty hard as being boring, a waste, and not moving things forward.

I will say that my love for the episode, though, is based on the assumption that it was the calm before the storm and next week (and subsequent episodes) will move things forward quickly.
We're about to have an 80 minute episode with nothing but battle, the longest battle sequence ever set to film, with dozens of character's we've followed for almost a decade, so I would have been a little disappointed if the setup hadn't stretched over two episodes.
[Reply]
Page 201 of 386
« First < 101151191197198199200201 202203204205211251301 > Last »
Up