ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 151 of 386
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161201251 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:32 PM 03-04-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You guys have me ready to go ahead and pop in disc two, this show is so damn addictive

But I dont wanna rush through it, each episode must be savored like a great meal... so torn right now :-)
4 is a great stopping place. Seriously. Watch 4 and give it a couple days to reflect on.
[Reply]
otherstar 06:06 PM 03-04-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
4 is a great stopping place. Seriously. Watch 4 and give it a couple days to reflect on.
I totally agree!
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:44 PM 03-04-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Originally Posted by otherstar:
I totally agree!
Went ahead and did 4-5, the battle during 4 was the kind of thing that puts GoT over the top of its nearest competitors... Martin weaves such intricate tales, it really is outstanding

Was shocked to see Little Finger outwit Arya in episode 5, whatever he has up his sleeve... it isnt good for anyone but him
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:37 AM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Honestly, I can't remember specifics. Hell, it's been seven or eight years since I've read the first four, and not much less time since I've read the fifth. And while I agree with Hawk that the third book was the best (followed by the first and the second), the fourth book was fairly lame and the fifth book was a only a bit better. So much superfluous crap. Much like Steven King, Martin takes a great 250 page story and makes it 500 pages long.

I do love that video, though. I watched it again just now and probably laughed as hard as the first time I saw it. Again, I wished I hadn't known it was going to happen, although that surprise I saw coming, since Ned was essentially a carbon copy of Duke Leto from Dune.
My wife had a near identical reaction but when the Red Wedding happened she sat for a moment, said “F this show. I’m done.” She then got up to walk the dogs and slammed the door on her way out while I watched the preview for the next episode in her absence. After ten minutes she returned, sat next to me on the couch, and after a short pause asked “Okay, so what did the preview show for the next episode?”
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:20 AM 03-05-2018
I'm reading book 4 now. Slow as hell. It feels like a lot of filler. But, since I've watched the series up till now, I'm spurred on. Once I finish book 5, me and the wife plan on watching the whole thing, 2nd time for me, first for her. Can't wait...
[Reply]
Hawk 08:24 AM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
I'm reading book 4 now. Slow as hell. It feels like a lot of filler. But, since I've watched the series up till now, I'm spurred on. Once I finish book 5, me and the wife plan on watching the whole thing, 2nd time for me, first for her. Can't wait...
Not sure how far along you are, but books 4 and 5 work much better when read together as a single large book. There are reading lists on line that are great for providing the best chapter order to go on between the two books.

I don't know why GRRM split books 4 and 5 into two character groups instead of keeping all the characters together in one timeline, but it was a colossal screw up because they are much more enjoyable books when you read them together and get all the characters instead of half of them in each book.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:43 AM 03-05-2018
Went ahead and did 4-5, the battle during 4 was the kind of thing that puts GoT over the top of its nearest competitors... Martin weaves such intricate tales, it really is outstanding

Was shocked to see Little Finger outwit Arya in episode 5, whatever he has up his sleeve... it isnt good for anyone but him
Don't look Easy.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
otherstar 02:24 PM 03-05-2018

One of my favorite scenes in ep. 4 is where Brienne and Arya spar.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:11 PM 03-05-2018
"We can hold them off!"
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:26 PM 03-05-2018
Maisie got's skills

[Reply]
vailpass 03:27 PM 03-05-2018
God she's a big bitch.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:37 PM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Maisie got's skills

The fact that Maisie learned that flip herself astounds me (she also worked countless hours learning to fight left handed - which is doubly impressive - as she's naturally a righty). It just shows how dedicated she's been to the show from the beginning - something that's even impressed the older actors involved.
[Reply]
otherstar 05:09 PM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
God she's a big bitch.
Gwendoline Christie (Brienne) is 6 ft. 3 in. tall :-)

In another role of hers, sans chrome helmet:

[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:59 PM 03-05-2018
It was awesome but I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

She just so OP now. She can infiltrate anywhere as anyone, is knowledgeable on poisons, and now, apparently, can fight 1-on-1 with the best fighters in Westeros.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:00 PM 03-05-2018
Just give her the catspaw dagger and point her toward the Night King. This war will be over in the blink of an eye.
[Reply]
Page 151 of 386
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161201251 > Last »
Up