ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 38
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones threatens to Hold Out
Dante84 07:59 PM 06-30-2020
Well shit.

Or I won’t play. @LeVeonBell told me about this

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) July 1, 2020

UPDATE 7/12/20: Things are looking good!

I'm not saying this means anything, but I'm also not here to tell @RealMNchiefsfan he can't choose to believe. pic.twitter.com/I93PzdsUNm

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) July 12, 2020

UPDATE 7/14: Looks Done!

Breaking: #Chiefs and DT Chris Jones have reached agreement on a contract extension, per @mortreport.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) July 14, 2020

RealSNR 09:04 PM 06-30-2020
The Khalil Mack trade happened just days before the start of the regular season. I could see the same kind of situation occurring here.

A team with a fuckton of cap space like the Giants wants to quit being terrible, and they run a new 3-4/4-3 hybrid under Pat Graham. Jones would give them a sneaky great DL, and that might just be the worst division in the NFL. That's kind of what the Bears did a few years ago, and it at least got them back into the playoffs. If Daniel Jones isn't as bad as Trubisky (he's not) that could be an outstanding move for them.
SuperChief 09:06 PM 06-30-2020
Wow, some real dipshit takes here. He's the best player we have on defense - can take over games. He's a massive part of winning the Super Bowl, and people are all like "He needs to earn it" and "Be a team player." Give me a break. The dude's been the epitome of a team player and has done all the right things. Pay. Him.
RealSNR 09:09 PM 06-30-2020
Also, why is there a deadline for getting an extension done with a tagged player? That's idiotic. Dudes who are on the last year of their contracts during the regular season sign extensions all the time. Why can't guys playing on the one-year franchise tag sign extensions?
srvy 09:11 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Wow, some real dipshit takes here. He's the best player we have on defense - can take over games. He's a massive part of winning the Super Bowl, and people are all like "He needs to earn it" and "Be a team player." Give me a break. The dude's been the epitome of a team player and has done all the right things. Pay. Him.
Maybe the Chiefs coaches don't value him as much as you. I kinda think he gets signed after Pat unless he lays down to much pain.
kc rush 09:19 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
I can't hate on the guy. Showed up in the Super Bowl and was a big part of why we won. I don't think we have anywhere near the cap room, though. Nothing can be allowed to jeopardize our ability to sign Mahomes. Nothing.
All of this. Would love to keep him but don't see how it's possible.
TribalElder 09:20 PM 06-30-2020
With the salary cap potentially going down I don't see how we can pay Chris unfortunately

Chris Jones is a very disruptive force in the middle of the line.

Mahomes is a savage though, so even if CJ ends up on another team playing against us I'm not concerned
Oxford 09:20 PM 06-30-2020
Chris, is it worth 16 million and a legit chance to return to the Super bowl to play on a one year contract? Your choice, if its not worth that to you then sit out and potentially be traded somewhere you dont want to go, or tell us where you want to go and we'll try to make a trade. There is no wrong answer here. its your choice
TribalElder 09:22 PM 06-30-2020
I don't hate on CJ for wanting to get every dollar possible, especially now that he already is a world champion and has the ring to prove it.

Now its time to get the money, it just probably wont happen in KC

all the best CJ, thanks for helping win the Super Bowl
KurtCobain 09:25 PM 06-30-2020
He got a super bowl now he just wants his money. I'm cool with that get it however you got to get it.
HonestChieffan 09:26 PM 06-30-2020
Fuck him
dlphg9 09:49 PM 06-30-2020
It's threads like this that show how absolutely retarded a good chunk of posters are here. Fucking retards.
Rain Man 09:53 PM 06-30-2020
I feel bad for the guy. He's a legitimate major star in the league, and he's been great on the team. He's just in a tough position because of the Mahomes contract.

This is a situation where everyone is right and there's just not an obvious solution.
Chief Pagan 09:57 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Bets I would take for $10,000 Alex.

Based on his current decision making he won’t have any money for own kids. Bell lost so much money that he will never ever be able to recoup.
Bell was franchised a second time and it was clear Pittsburgh planned on running him into ground and getting rid of him. IIRC, the long term contract they offered didn't have that much guaranteed. I would have sat out if I was Bell.

I think the league should get rid of the franchise tag. Teams have to use it to not be at a disadvantage, but it causes so much bad blood. Get rid of it and its still a level playing field.

RBs in particular get screwed by the tag.
TomBarndtsTwin 10:01 PM 06-30-2020
If he wants to sit out the season and forfeit 16 million dollars that’s on him.

Oh well.

Life will go on w/o Chris Jones. The Texans playoff game proved that.
arrowheadnation 10:07 PM 06-30-2020

What’s understood don’t have to be explained... https://t.co/4IBh0ZvNrU

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) July 1, 2020

Page 3 of 38
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up