ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 911 of 3903
« First < 411811861901907908909910911 912913914915921961101114111911 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SPchief 01:14 AM 03-30-2020
This is for real ya'll. If you say it enough, it'll be real
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:40 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Hopefully it's not a one-off situation. Need to get a positive trend going across many days in a row.
Right. You need a sustained pattern of success to know if we are on the right track. One good doesn't day mean much in the grand scheme of things. Lets see how the rest of the week goes.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:49 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So I had to venture out of the house tonight, first time I’ve left since Thursday. Guy got my info from someone and got in touch with me. Severe toothache only gets better when he has ice water in his mouth.

After doing yard work and cutting limbs all day I thought “yay now I get to go do a root canal or pull this guys tooth” . But in that moment I caught myself and said “self, this dude is in a world of pain and you can help him, get over your shit and get off your ass”

So met him at the office, took and X-ray, numbed him up and took the tooth out. He has insurance so I just took his card and told him not to worry about the co pay or paying anything, if insurance pays on it great. If not, eh, it cost me about 2 dollars to go do it so no big deal. Guy broke down into tears after because he had been in pain over the weekend and was so relieved to have it over with.

Anyway We talk for a minute or two from about 10 feet apart and go on our separate way.

Point of the story, driving their Springfield to my office, it was surreal. Ghost town and nothing is open and highways are dead. Weird feeling
That was super considerate. Good karma for you.

Meanwhile my landlord of one of our offices wants us to move out in the middle of a pandemic.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:53 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
This can’t be right, can it?

0 recovered cases in NY?
According to the Worldometers site, if you take the total numbers for NY and reduce by deaths and active cases you get 3,572. Presumably they have recovered.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:56 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Up to 10 percent of recovered coronavirus patients test positive again, report says

https://www.foxnews.com/health/up-to...in-report-says
Not so good but the doctors do say in the article that no one showed symptoms a second time and others around them didn’t catch it. And also this:

But, he said, these are just “small samples” and “not enough to assure us of the validity of our initial findings.”
[Reply]
AustinChief 01:59 AM 03-30-2020
I am going to again ask a question I asked a while back...

If by April 3rd(Friday) we have a solid trend of fewer deaths per day AND we have more significant data showing that the treatments we are applying are effective (let's say a 50% increased reduction of viral load compared to a control group or we can use cytokine storm reduction as the barometer), would you support starting to reduce government imposed restrictions?

If not, where do you draw the line? What metric would you use?

The way I see it, at some point WE need to make up our minds where the acceptable risk lies. There is NEVER going to be a world without risk. The flu kills 20-60k a year in the US and we don't bat an eye, we live with that risk every year. What is the acceptable risk for Covid-19?

Just to preempt anyone talking about number of cases... I will say right now I will never care about that figure it is fairly meaningless especially if effective treatments are an option. Deaths are really what matters to me when it comes to this discussion.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:00 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
But is it for real?

25 This is for reals
18 Y’alls
11 This is Brooklyns
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:03 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:

If by April 3rd(Wednesday) we have a solid trend of fewer deaths per day AND we have more significant data showing that the treatments we are applying are effective (let's say a 50% increased reduction of viral load compared to a control group or we can use cytokine storm reduction as the barometer), would you support starting to reduce government imposed restrictions?

The way I see it, at some point WE need to make up our minds where the acceptable risk lies. There is NEVER going to be a world without risk. The flu kills 20-60k a year in the US and we don't bat an eye, we live with that risk every year. What is the acceptable risk for Covid-19?

Just to preempt anyone talking about number of cases... I will say right now I will never care about that figure it is fairly meaningless especially if effective treatments are an option. Deaths are really what matters to me when it comes to this discussion.
If there’s a treatment and there’s a way to effectively sequester the elderly and at-risk then I’d be okay with something once the case load starts coming down in a meaningful way.
[Reply]
AustinChief 02:10 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
If there’s a treatment and there’s a way to effectively sequester the elderly and at-risk then I’d be okay with something once the case load starts coming down in a meaningful way.
This is what I wanted from the get go. Unfortunately there is no 100% foolproof solution for that BUT I think we and local/state/Federal governments can continue to emphasize this point and do what we can individually and collectively to subsidize those that should be sequestered. That should be enough.

By caseload, I would agree with you IF we are talking those in critical condition and the US death rate. We can't use overall caseload as a metric since the vast majority of people are fine to get the virus and recover even without any treatment.

Regarding treatment, at what point do you consider a treatment effective? I am not prepared to wait 3-6 months for an entire workup on each trial. I think we are going to have to take a certain leap of faith at some point in the near future.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:09 AM 03-30-2020
No one is doing shit anyway. Baskin Robbins was packed. Everything is open that i can see. Mine as well make it formal to carry on.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:11 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:

If by April 3rd(Friday) we have a solid trend of fewer deaths per day AND we have more significant data showing that the treatments we are applying are effective (let's say a 50% increased reduction of viral load compared to a control group or we can use cytokine storm reduction as the barometer), would you support starting to reduce government imposed restrictions?

It would have to be done regionally april 3 wouldn't work for everywhere and travel would have to be limited from and to hot spots etc..
As far as the Flu comparison goes I don't remember seeing hospitals get overwhelmed like this during the worst flu seasons the rate of hospitalization must be higher even though the CFR will eventually end up closer to the flu than it is now.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:12 AM 03-30-2020
So now it's coming out that not only was China selling defective test kits and masks but were purchasing tons of medical equipment through a real estate proxy from Canada, the US, and Australia to ship back to China.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/nbc-pr...-are-defective

Originally Posted by :
But as it turns out, the majority of COVID-19 test kits and N95-like masks manufactured in China and shipped to countries in dire need are defective.

The Netherlands announced on Saturday that they were recalling more than 1 million defective Chinese-made masks, which were nearly deployed to the Dutch medical workforce...

...In Spain, which currently has the fourth-highest number of coronavirus cases in the world, the government purchased 640,000 rapid test kits from China and South Korea as it fights the pandemic. Experts soon discovered, however, that the tests it purchased from Chinese company Bioeasy were only correctly identifying coronavirus cases 30 percent of the time, according to Spain's El Pais.

The Czech Republic also purchased 150,000 rapid test kits from China, and have likewise found problems. One doctor using the tests found that 80 percent of the kits were faulty and has reverted back to the conventional lab tests, which are significantly slower to process.
https://www.theepochtimes.com/china-...t_3287736.html

Originally Posted by :
The Greenland Group, which manages property developments worldwide with the backing of the Chinese government, hoarded 3 million face masks, hand sanitizer, half a million pairs of gloves, 700,000 hazmat suits, thermometers, and other medical items that have been in short supply in the country, The Sydney Morning Herald reported.

A whistleblower from the property giant told the news outlet fellow employees in Australia, Canada, Turkey and elsewhere were told to cease normal work, and instead source essential medical supplies in bulk to be stored at its Sydney headquarters, for shipment to China throughout January and February.
Be advised that the blaze is a conservative slanted news service. Be advised that the Epoch times despises the CCP and has a clear bias against them.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:16 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
It would have to be done regionally april 3 wouldn't work for everywhere and travel would have to be limited from and to hot spots etc..
As far as the Flu comparison goes I don't remember seeing hospitals get overwhelmed like this during the worst flu seasons the rate of hospitalization must be higher even though the CFR will eventually end up closer to the flu than it is now.
There is no stopping this. It's going to run it's course and we can only hope to delay it and prevent massive numbers at once.

And if we shut down long enough to reach a true depression (which might already be the case) that could lead to just as many deaths. This is like starting off up hill with a stick - you've got to balance each pedal just right or it dies...
[Reply]
Monticore 06:18 AM 03-30-2020
[QUOTE=Rausch;14876309]So now it's coming out that not only was China selling defective test kits and masks but were purchasing tons of medical equipment through a real estate proxy from Canada, the US, and Australia to ship back to China.

[

Canadian Government sent those bastards 50K masks and tons of other supplies to help with their outbreak and now it looks like they sent us back 30K to help us if this is true they need to pay somehow.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:24 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
This virus is far more contagious than the flu.
[Reply]
Page 911 of 3903
« First < 411811861901907908909910911 912913914915921961101114111911 > Last »
Up