ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 25
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Media Center>Wonder Woman (2017)
Munson 04:13 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
Munson 04:00 PM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
She's supposed to be an AMAZON. When I think of what an Amazon would like like, words like slight, thin and bony don't come to mind.

And if this is your idea of "butch," I'll take it all day long.

She played "Angel Dust" in Deadpool for those who don't know.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:18 PM 06-01-2017
can't lose weight though huh tubby?

[Reply]
RobBlake 04:23 PM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
can't lose weight though huh tubby?

Says the person that wears a fedora in the gym
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:39 PM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Says the person that wears a fedora in the gym
that was from a vice article, dumbass
[Reply]
RobBlake 10:00 PM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
that was from a vice article, dumbass
Just love me
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:43 PM 06-01-2017
Got a free ticket. It's enjoyable.
I'd give it a B-, but not for any glaring criticism.

Gal was good, I really liked her in the role overall.
The end villain casting didn't work for me.
It's definitely got some parts that drag.
Ultimately, I think it just suffers from being a good but recycled movie.

A few lines that were hokey, but some decent humor.

Some of the cinematography I really really liked.
Visual effects at times were really good! A couple of scenes the motion looks off.
I don't care for how they created the lasso. It sticks out even for being magic and glowing.
Snyder always mutes a lot of his colors in his films. The lasso seems like it didn't get the same muted color. It's like if you set your tv to cinema, but then put the lasso on the vivid setting.

I'm probably being more nitpicky, and that's a result of the gluttony of comic book films. Plus, I have always preferred established stories over the origin story.

Most amusing thing was the gay dude super drunk and wearing part of WW's costume. He was easily the most excited person about finally getting to see the flick.

I don't think people will come away hating it, but plenty may not find a lot to love.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:03 AM 06-02-2017
Thought this was funny...

Image #1 is a letter to the mayor of Austin from an angry fella over the #WonderWoman screening. Image #2 is the mayor's awesome response. pic.twitter.com/fPQBLcOHnv

— Jamal Washington (@jamal_wash) June 2, 2017

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:25 AM 06-02-2017
The overreaction from both sides is flaming stupidity.

There weren't any women-only screenings for Aliens. That's the most feminist action film of all time. It's literally about two mothers fighting to survive.

Everything is fucking ruined and used as a political tool now, though. Fucking christ, people.
[Reply]
sully1983 02:58 PM 06-02-2017
Thought it was a lot of fun (could have been shorter though but I realize there was a lot to cover in origin films so thats just a minor complaint) . Gal was flat out badass. And Pine was great too as the co star.

Finally a good non Nolan DC film! I would recommend seeing this in theaters .
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:19 PM 06-02-2017
I really liked it. My wife really really liked it. A few spots got a bit bogged down but nothing horrible. Gal was really good. She seemed athletic and very believable as far as being able to move like the character does.

I am still mad that they revealed Wonder Woman in the trailer for Batman vs Superman. Seeing her for the first time out of nowhere in that movie would have been awesome.

Also, there is no after credits scene.

This isn't really a spoiler, it's just a question related to Batman vs Superman but just to be sure:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 09:40 PM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
She's supposed to be an AMAZON. When I think of what an Amazon would like like, words like slight, thin and bony don't come to mind.

And if this is your idea of "butch," I'll take it all day long.

[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:56 PM 06-02-2017
I liked it. It doesn't feel like it's incredibly forced and shooing in Justice League. It's much different than Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad. There's humor, but it seems appropriate, and it's not overly dark.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:07 PM 06-03-2017
Favorite DC movie so far. I'm someone who's found something to like in all of them, but this was a good movie in every way. I'd put it on par with any of the best Marvel movies to date, and I think it'll age better than most of those, especially the early ones.
[Reply]
DaveNull 10:31 PM 06-03-2017
Yeah, this was as good as the first Cap movie for sure.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:54 PM 06-04-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Favorite DC movie so far. I'm someone who's found something to like in all of them, but this was a good movie in every way. I'd put it on par with any of the best Marvel movies to date, and I think it'll age better than most of those, especially the early ones.
Yes it was fantastic and really enjoyed it! Plan to see again with friends! Definitely the best DC movie and worth the RT score imho. At worst it's an 8. Well done.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 25
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up