ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Media Center>New TV suggestions
L.A. Chieffan 01:41 PM 09-28-2020
I have an eight year old 60 inch LG plasma that's been really good but now it's starting to die. Half of the screen is going out. I had a repair guy look at it and he basically said just buy new instead of trying to fix it.

So, I love the OLEDs but the price still seems a little steep. Should I wait for Black Friday or will it not make much difference?

I've heard really good things about TCL Mini-LEDs and they're less than half the price of OLED. Is OLED really that much better? The room it's going in is usually pretty bright so want bright picture and nice blacks etc.

Anyways input is welcome.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:06 PM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
I’m now looking at the Hisense class H9 instead of the TCL class 6. Is rtings.com the best site for reviews?
The Hisense TV's look pretty damn amazing to my eyes at a fraction of the cost.

I have a friend who has a 55" mounted outside near his pool and he hasn't had a single issue with since purchasing in June 2019.

Costco had the 55" 4K Roku TV for $299 last month but it's $269 today.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:41 PM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Hisense TV's look pretty damn amazing to my eyes at a fraction of the cost.

I have a friend who has a 55" mounted outside near his pool and he hasn't had a single issue with since purchasing in June 2019.

Costco had the 55" 4K Roku TV for $299 last month but it's $269 today.
Hisense gets pretty good reviews for a budget TV. Not quite as good as the TCL but good enough, especially for the price.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:19 PM 11-05-2020
LG OLED hands down. End of thread.

I love mine - got a 55" 2 years ago and it is awesome. It is in the man cave hooked up to a PS4 Pro but when I switch to blu ray or YouTube it is an incredible picture and I am very satisfied!
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 08:36 PM 11-05-2020
I pulled the trigger on the LG 65 inch CX OLED. It's astounding. Watching Mandalorian and I feel like I'm on Tatooine. Now it's time to upgrade the sound system.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:49 PM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
I pulled the trigger on the LG 65 inch CX OLED. It's astounding. Watching Mandalorian and I feel like I'm on Tatooine. Now it's time to upgrade the sound system.
Welcome to the club :-) Excellent choice!
[Reply]
Great Expectations 03:25 PM 11-17-2020
This website https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/be...k-ultra-hd-uhd
likes the Hisense more than TCL. I usually go with the more established brand and have been happy with my Vizio’s, but if I can get a better one for a similar price I think I like Hisense.

I’ll wait until next Friday to see if there are any super deals out there. I bought an 80” Vizio 4K from Costco a couple of years ago for around $1600 when everyone else was over $2500.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:47 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
This website https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/be...k-ultra-hd-uhd
likes the Hisense more than TCL. I usually go with the more established brand and have been happy with my Vizio’s, but if I can get a better one for a similar price I think I like Hisense.

I’ll wait until next Friday to see if there are any super deals out there. I bought an 80” Vizio 4K from Costco a couple of years ago for around $1600 when everyone else was over $2500.
The newest Hisense models get higher ratings than the newer TCL models. TCL is suffering a bit from the same thing as Vizio - they're no longer a leader in any area. They're no longer the cheapest, nor are they the best.

I purposefully sought out a previous year's model for my TCL (from Nebraska Furniture Mart) because it's actually rated higher than the newer TCL sets.

If I were buying right now, I would likely go Hisense although I primarily use my set for gaming and TCL still has superior input latency.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:50 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The newest Hisense models get higher ratings than the newer TCL models. TCL is suffering a bit from the same thing as Vizio - they're no longer a leader in any area. They're no longer the cheapest, nor are they the best.

I purposefully sought out a previous year's model for my TCL (from Nebraska Furniture Mart) because it's actually rated higher than the newer TCL sets.

If I were buying right now, I would likely go Hisense although I primarily use my set for gaming and TCL still has superior input latency.
I'm going to buy my kids tvs for Xmas...my sons bedroom is half of my basement so it's massive and the 32 he has now looks tiny as shit in it...

Give me a recommendation for a good budget tv that's around the 50 inch mark..I obviously don't want to buy 2 tvs that are like 700 a piece. Kids don't care to much about brands and such.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 03:50 PM 11-17-2020
Thanks, my kids will use it for gaming, I’ll use it for sports/movies.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:59 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm going to buy my kids tvs for Xmas...my sons bedroom is half of my basement so it's massive and the 32 he has now looks tiny as shit in it...

Give me a recommendation for a good budget tv that's around the 50 inch mark..I obviously don't want to buy 2 tvs that are like 700 a piece. Kids don't care to much about brands and such.
Hisense or TCL is the sweet spot right now as far as budget. The Hisense is a little cheaper on average but they're both Roku TV's and very similar.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:10 PM 11-17-2020
Hisense or TCL is the sweet spot right now as far as budget. The Hisense is a little cheaper on average but they're both Roku TV's and very similar.
I have a 50 inch TCL I bought 2 years ago, so far I'm satisfied with it as an office TV.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:17 PM 11-17-2020
I have a 50 inch TCL I bought 2 years ago, so far I'm satisfied with it as an office TV.
Yeah, I love my TCL.

However, in the last 18 months or so, Hisense has surpassed TCL in the "most bang for your buck" category. The Hisense gets similar, if not slightly higher ratings, and in most cases is a bit cheaper.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:20 PM 11-17-2020
Yeah, I love my TCL.

However, in the last 18 months or so, Hisense has surpassed TCL in the "most bang for your buck" category. The Hisense gets similar, if not slightly higher ratings, and in most cases is a bit cheaper.
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for some good black friday shit like a 50 inch tv for 200 bucks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:27 PM 11-17-2020
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for some good black friday shit like a 50 inch tv for 200 bucks.
That actually might be possible.

https://www.amazon.com/Hisense-50-In...s%2C163&sr=8-5
[Reply]
Mecca 04:30 PM 11-17-2020
That actually might be possible.

https://www.amazon.com/Hisense-50-In...s%2C163&sr=8-5
That's not bad, I saw a TV with a built in Amazon fire the other day, that surprised me.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up