ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>Halloween (2018)
pugsnotdrugs19 11:16 AM 06-08-2018
Kinda surprised this doesn’t already have a thread but I’ll get it rolling since the trailer dropped today. Can’t embed right now, my apologies.

TRAILER:

[Reply]
Halfcan 09:28 AM 10-24-2018
I was excited to see this having watched the original in 1978, back on Chanel Z, the first cable station around here. When you go into a "horror" movie you expect to suspend belief in certain situations between scary parts, but this was too much. The writing and plot were so bad in this one it pretty much overruled what was good about it.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:25 AM 10-24-2018
Agree 100% Halfcan.

They had a kernel of a great idea with the Laurie PTSD and the hunted becomes the hunter. But then they ruined it with the worlds stupidest script.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:45 AM 10-24-2018
I have Prom Night 1&2 with JLC and she is much younger in those i think i'll watch them this week.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:49 AM 10-24-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Agree 100% Halfcan.

They had a kernel of a great idea with the Laurie PTSD and the hunted becomes the hunter. But then they ruined it with the worlds stupidest script.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:36 PM 10-24-2018
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Halfcan 04:59 PM 10-24-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Spoiler!
[SPOILER] Yes, you are exactly right. So, somehow the doctor must have had the key to unlock all of the inmate's restraints And the back door. He let all the inmates loose, causing the bus driver to swerve and stop on the deserted road.

The guards got off the bus to round them up and then he let MM go, who killed one and left the other for dead. The doctor hid on the bus until getting shot. That is a lot of stuff they left out for the viewers to try and piece together.

It would have been better to have MM bust loose and take the mask from the reporter at the mental hospital. This movie had a lot of very great scenes but the script was way too hard to follow- even for a horror movie where you expect the people to make dumb choices.
[SPOILER]
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:47 PM 10-24-2018
Watching the original for the third time this week right now, still love it... Mike is spooky

This movie struck pure golden terror in my young heart
[Reply]
kysirsoze 06:49 PM 10-24-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Just a great job if making a movie geared towards the fan base. Star Wars could learn from this one.
:-) GMAFB "This gameplan worked for my kid's Pop Warner team. Maybe the Chiefs should try it out?"
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:00 PM 10-24-2018
Thoughts...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:03 PM 10-27-2018
Saw it for the 2nd time last night with a different group. Came away liking it more as I picked up on more subtle details.

I still think they could have shown Michael in the stalker role more than they did—much like the original. But other than that, I’ve got few issues with it.

Now I just hope they don’t ruin it again with crappy sequels. They’ve broken records in the box office, so I know another will be coming. But please don’t get goofy with it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10-27-2018, 01:04 PM
This message has been deleted by pugsnotdrugs19.
penguinz 03:14 PM 10-27-2018
https://youtu.be/pRf_A07Elyw
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:42 PM 10-27-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Saw it for the 2nd time last night with a different group. Came away liking it more as I picked up on more subtle details.

I still think they could have shown Michael in the stalker role more than they did—much like the original. But other than that, I’ve got few issues with it.

Now I just hope they don’t ruin it again with crappy sequels. They’ve broken records in the box office, so I know another will be coming. But please don’t get goofy with it.
in all intents and purposes Halloween/Michael Myers is a finite franchise because he's not a zombie like Jason in Friday the 13th part 4 and up
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:30 AM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
in all intents and purposes Halloween/Michael Myers is a finite franchise because he's not a zombie like Jason in Friday the 13th part 4 and up
Well that’s what I hope is the case—I don’t want to see him turn into another immortal type of character much like he did after H2 in 1981.
[Reply]
sedated 10:56 AM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Well that’s what I hope is the case—I don’t want to see him turn into another immortal type of character much like he did after H2 in 1981.
Wasn't Myers shot multiple times, fell out a window, then disappeared from the lawn in the original Halloween? Seems pretty zombie-like to me.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:56 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by sedated:
Wasn't Myers shot multiple times, fell out a window, then disappeared from the lawn in the original Halloween? Seems pretty zombie-like to me.

He was stabbed in the eye and neck as well, IIRC.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up