ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3839 of 3903
« First < 2839333937393789382938353836383738383839 384038413842384338493889 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 12:17 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Do what you think is best. Get the most information you can and make a decision.
That's where I'm at. I'm way past the point of debating vaccines. Take your chances or not. I don't care. Our best hope out of this at this point is omicron being mild.
[Reply]
O.city 12:22 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That's where I'm at. I'm way past the point of debating vaccines. Take your chances or not. I don't care. Our best hope out of this at this point is omicron being mild.
It’s mild for those with some immunological memory. Vaccine or infection.

I’d guess for naive patients it’s not.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:38 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
There's a ton of misinformation out there put out by people who make money off of clicks or selling supplements, etc. Are you sure you're qualified to tell the difference? Have you looked into the backgrounds of every source you find?
And the depressing thing is that this type of data is actually rather straightforward compared to something that is complicated like the effect of high taxes on economic output or CO2 on the climate.

Hard to have much hope for ever having an informed electorate.
[Reply]
mabbott 01:00 PM 12-24-2021
There is plenty of information out there if you can get through all of the motivated BS. To me, I am fine with the vaccine, I knew before it came out that it was going to be like the flu shot. It is a risk that you take not getting it just as it is a risk that you take for getting it and having a bad reaction to it. Although the data supports the number of those that are having extreme reactions to the vaccine are far less than those dying from COVID without the vaccine.
My concerns is with the booster shot. I have had many series of shots throughout my career in the military and never have had to get an additional shot after a series 6 months later. I know this is new but if three shots were needed, it should be as such and not need to be repeated so often.
[Reply]
TLO 01:30 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by mabbott:
There is plenty of information out there if you can get through all of the motivated BS. To me, I am fine with the vaccine, I knew before it came out that it was going to be like the flu shot. It is a risk that you take not getting it just as it is a risk that you take for getting it and having a bad reaction to it. Although the data supports the number of those that are having extreme reactions to the vaccine are far less than those dying from COVID without the vaccine.
My concerns is with the booster shot. I have had many series of shots throughout my career in the military and never have had to get an additional shot after a series 6 months later. I know this is new but if three shots were needed, it should be as such and not need to be repeated so often.
:-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:51 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by mabbott:

FTR I don’t think you’re being a drama queen I just think this is a good piece of context.
Attached: 5E5A2E9F-2B36-4577-9089-30C75C0A58C7.jpg (65.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Donger 02:03 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
[Reply]
phisherman 03:48 PM 12-24-2021
Quick update, I popped positive on Wednesday afternoon and my symptoms are now 90% gone. I've got a little bit of a cough and a slightly runny nose. Worked out today with no issues. I've watched my heartrate and O2 very closely and both are completely normal now.
[Reply]
O.city 05:03 PM 12-24-2021
Glad you’re better.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:52 PM 12-24-2021
I want to thank every one of you who sent a supportive message or text over the last three weeks - but the fight ended earlier today.

Hug your family a little tighter next time you get the chance.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:59 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I want to thank every one of you who sent a supportive message or text over the last three weeks - but the fight ended earlier today.

Very, very, sorry. Thoughts and prayers to everyone there.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:22 PM 12-24-2021

Condolences, man. I know you were frustrated by this, but at the end of the day there's no "good" way out of this. I hope you can remember the good times and not dwell on the "what ifs". Take care.
[Reply]
Fish 06:30 PM 12-24-2021

Very sorry to hear. Condolences, bud.
[Reply]
TLO 06:51 PM 12-24-2021

Sorry to hear. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 07:01 PM 12-24-2021
Damn it OTW. Hate this for you and your family

Reach out if you need anything
[Reply]
Page 3839 of 3903
« First < 2839333937393789382938353836383738383839 384038413842384338493889 > Last »
Up