ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2620 of 3903
« First < 1620212025202570261026162617261826192620 262126222623262426302670272031203620 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
jdubya 03:55 PM 07-15-2020
My daughter says she is hearing rumors her high school is about to cancel next fall and resume “distance learning”. At first I was upset but now I think this will be a great thing. I think we will do a lot of traveling and camping and college campus touring. She can accompany me on deer/duck and elk hunts. As long as we have WiFi we will be good to go. Wife has already spread the word to other friends parents suggesting we all go camping together. One window closes, others will open.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:57 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And if they were encouraged about its ability to cause an immune response in humans, it would reported by every news agency across the globe.

There are just far too many people jumping the gun on these vaccine trials.
I mean, there ARE reports about various vaccines showing promise in every news agency across the globe. None of it is a done deal, but "we haven't gotten to the final checkbox" is a lot better than "it didn't work."
[Reply]
TLO 03:58 PM 07-15-2020
And if they were encouraged about its ability to cause an immune response in humans, it would reported by every news agency across the globe.

Moderna just released their Phase 1 data and are still in planning to start a Phase 3 trial.

I'll stick with my guns in saying if the Oxford vaccine started Phase 3 trials in late June, the Phase 1 data probably looks pretty solid.

We won't truly know until they release the data, obviously.
[Reply]
TLO 04:00 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I mean, there ARE reports about various vaccines showing promise in every news agency across the globe. None of it is a done deal, but "we haven't gotten to the final checkbox" is a lot better than "it didn't work."
Logically I wouldn't see a company investing in a large trial if they didn't see results that were promising or had terrible side effects, etc.
[Reply]
O.city 04:02 PM 07-15-2020
The Moderna side effects are a bit iffy for me. The Oxford one looks alot better thus far.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:07 PM 07-15-2020

Are you living under a rock? What you describe has happened. Pretty much every news outlet has reported on the promising results.
[Reply]
TLO 04:09 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Moderna side effects are a bit iffy for me. The Oxford one looks alot better thus far.
If I'm remembering correctly, the side effects were seen in the larger doses, which they have ruled out giving.

Please don't hold me to that - I've read a lot about vaccines in the past couple of days that I may not be remembering correctly.
[Reply]
Donger 04:15 PM 07-15-2020
What California did wrong:

https://www.businessinsider.com/cali...anymore-2020-6
[Reply]
R Clark 04:17 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
If I'm remembering correctly, the side effects were seen in the larger doses, which they have ruled out giving.

Please don't hold me to that - I've read a lot about vaccines in the past couple of days that I may not be remembering correctly.
According to the article I read today you are correct
[Reply]
TLO 04:20 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
What California did wrong:

https://www.businessinsider.com/cali...anymore-2020-6
From the article.

Originally Posted by :
Newsom said on Monday that California's seven-day positivity rate was 5.9%.
That's not absurdly high like we've seen in other locations at least. Hopefully it doesn't continue to go up.
[Reply]
jdubya 04:27 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
From the article.

That's not absurdly high like we've seen in other locations at least. Hopefully it doesn't continue to go up.
I was reading a local bay area article this morning that said overall in Ca, ICU`s are at 60% which sounds alarming but then it stated that pre covid, ICU`s are usually in the 50%-60% range in normal times. So right now things are OK but keeping fingers crossed things dont grow exponentially.

In the same article it stated in my county of 1.1 million people, 15 died last month or so far this month but noted that 11 of the 15 were residents in long term health care facilities. It`s the first time Ive seen articles locally make this distinction.

https://patch.com/california/lamorin...ign=newsletter
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:36 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Are you living under a rock? What you describe has happened. Pretty much every news outlet has reported on the promising results.
Are you kidding me? From TLO's linked article regarding the Oxford Trial:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-next-n1233919

The vaccine candidate is already in large-scale Phase III human trials to assess whether it can protect against COVID-19, but its developers have yet to report Phase I results which would show whether it is safe and whether or not it induces an immune response.

------
So, if every news outlet is reporting it's safe and effective, they're jumping the gun as well.
[Reply]
Donger 04:39 PM 07-15-2020
Are you kidding me? From TLO's linked article regarding the Oxford Trial:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-next-n1233919

The vaccine candidate is already in large-scale Phase III human trials to assess whether it can protect against COVID-19, but its developers have yet to report Phase I results which would show whether it is safe and whether or not it induces an immune response.

------
So, if every news outlet is reporting it's safe and effective, they're jumping the gun as well.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/healt...udy/index.html
[Reply]
petegz28 07-15-2020, 04:42 PM
This message has been deleted by petegz28.
DaneMcCloud 04:43 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Most of these reports bypass the details in favor of posting a splashy headline that garners clicks.

The details are often quite different.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:44 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Retarded and toxic line of thinking.

Or maybe you were JUST KIDDING! In that case, HA HA HA!

So just got the email from the district. My favorite part is they won't know what the Governor's "plan" is for another 5-6 days. That's my problem with this woman. She has a bad habit of coming out, ruling by executive fiat and then providing her plan several days later.
[Reply]
Page 2620 of 3903
« First < 1620212025202570261026162617261826192620 262126222623262426302670272031203620 > Last »
Up