ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 45
« First < 263233343536 37383940 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 09:20 AM 02-24-2020
It’s that time again. Post any news, rumors and prospect info.

2020 On-Field Workout Schedule
•Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts
•Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB
•Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB
•Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

Measurements are beginning now. Mods feel free please post the twitter feed in the OP
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:38 PM 02-28-2020
So RB Cam Akers is putting on a show at the combine. 4.47 very quick feet good hands
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:40 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
For sure.

This RB class is great.

I think Veach values the heavier guys with great contact balance who can wear down a defense late in games, but can stay on the field on 3rd down and be effective in the passing game.

Zach Moss screams the Veach profile.

I love the potential of guys like Swift, Dobbins, Akers and McFarland in this offense too though. Taylor is fun to watch, but the mileage and pedestrian pass catching stats concern me.
What makes Mcfarland so interesting to me is he can block and catch the ball despite being known as a "fast home run hitter" type of back.

IMO Swift, Dobbins and Taylor are probably gone IF we don't get one in the first round. There might be a chance Taylor falls to us in the second but after his time tonight I doubt it. So my expectation is the back we'll get is likely one of Mcfarland, Akers or Moss tbh. I would add Clyde-Edwards to the list but I'm not sure he'd be able to block for Pat at his size.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:56 PM 02-28-2020
We're possibly going to let walk...

-One or both of Fuller and Breeland
-Demarcus Robinson
-Darron Lee
-Reggie Ragland
-Emmanuel Ogbah
-Terrell Suggs
-Chad Henne/Matt Moore
-Wisniewski/Wylie

And we're not gonna be very active in free agency. That alone is going to get us a handful of comp picks, even if they're just a 4th/5th and a couple 6ths/7ths.

If I'm Veach I see about using 2021 draft stock to add more picks in 2020. Wouldn't do anything crazy, but a 2021 4th to get an extra 5th is totally worth it.
[Reply]
Chieftain 09:30 PM 02-28-2020
I really love D'Andre Swift's game. It would be insane if he falls to us.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:32 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We're possibly going to let walk...

-One or both of Fuller and Breeland
-Demarcus Robinson
-Darron Lee
-Reggie Ragland
-Emmanuel Ogbah
-Terrell Suggs
-Chad Henne/Matt Moore
-Wisniewski/Wylie

And we're not gonna be very active in free agency. That alone is going to get us a handful of comp picks, even if they're just a 4th/5th and a couple 6ths/7ths.

If I'm Veach I see about using 2021 draft stock to add more picks in 2020. Wouldn't do anything crazy, but a 2021 4th to get an extra 5th is totally worth it.
I feel like we will probably resign Ragland to a small 1 or 2 year deal. I hope we resign Ogbah. Suggs will probably retire. Veach stated that he hoped to have either Henne or Moore back but not both. I figure it will be Moore on the cheap. I also hope/figure we resign Wis to a cheap deal and Wylie is a ERFA so he is cheap depth.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:33 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I feel like we will probably resign Ragland to a small 1 or 2 year deal. I hope we resign Ogbah. Suggs will probably retire. Veach stated that he hoped to have either Henne or Moore back but not both. I figure it will be Moore on the cheap. I also hope/figure we resign Wis to a cheap deal and Wylie is a ERFA so he is cheap depth.
Ogbah is gonna want to get paid. No way we re sign him
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:50 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Ogbah is gonna want to get paid. No way we re sign him
He will not get paid coming off an injury.
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:27 PM 02-28-2020
I'm not going to lie....I hope whirf or expenessa fall to the Chiefs.

Not sexy picks but animals and positions that make sense to me.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:19 PM 02-28-2020
Relevant from the draft thread:

CB Kristian Fulton LSU *Formal
CB Jeff Gladney TCU *Formal
CB Jaylon Johnson Utah Formal
CB Trevon Diggs Alabama *Formal
CB AJ Terrell Clemson Formal
CB Reggie Robinson II Tulsa Informal
CB Bryce Hall Virginia Informal
CB AJ Green Oklahoma State Formal
CB Noah Igbenoghene Auburn Informal
S Terrell Burgess Utah Informal
S Geno Stone Iowa Informal
S K’Von Wallace Clemson Informal

Unless we trade Chris Jones, we going corner 1st fam
[Reply]
staylor26 11:22 PM 02-28-2020
Yea like I said in that thread all of those “formals” are telling. That’s just about every corner we would be looking at in the 1st or after a trade down.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:31 PM 02-28-2020
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/AJ-Dil...c-afbd67329c54

Looking at shear metrics AJ Dillon could be a target
[Reply]
BossChief 11:41 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea like I said in that thread all of those “formals” are telling. That’s just about every corner we would be looking at in the 1st or after a trade down.
It’s gonna be fun watching Veach select the Mahomes/Landlord/Jones/Clark version of corner in this draft.

Hopefully, we get our new Marcus Peters without the bullshit.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:44 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/AJ-Dil...c-afbd67329c54

Looking at shear metrics AJ Dillon could be a target
He’s a guy who caught my eye in 2018, but the more I watched of him into this season, the worse it got. Make sure you watch game film and not highlight tapes of him.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:49 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Relevant from the draft thread:

CB Kristian Fulton LSU *Formal
CB Jeff Gladney TCU *Formal
CB Jaylon Johnson Utah Formal
CB Trevon Diggs Alabama *Formal
CB AJ Terrell Clemson Formal
CB Reggie Robinson II Tulsa Informal
CB Bryce Hall Virginia Informal
CB AJ Green Oklahoma State Formal
CB Noah Igbenoghene Auburn Informal
S Terrell Burgess Utah Informal
S Geno Stone Iowa Informal
S K’Von Wallace Clemson Informal

Unless we trade Chris Jones, we going corner 1st fam
Gladney, Johnson and Hall are my favourites here. Well-developed skill sets, willing tacklers and they COMPETE.

If you want a clone of Bashaud Breeland, Diggs is your guy. Tall, Long, physical and a great tackler. My knock with him is that he does not have the best ball skills and doesn’t turn the ball over enough.

Not a Fulton fan - too inconsistent, and he was surrounded by a ton of talent that covered up some of his deficiencies.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:49 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It’s gonna be fun watching Veach select the Mahomes/Landlord/Jones/Clark version of corner in this draft.

Hopefully, we get our new Marcus Peters without the bullshit.
I feel so confident that whoever we take is going to be really fucking good.

Between Veach, Spags, Madison, and Merritt they will find their guy. I mean, they found Rashad fucking Fenton.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 45
« First < 263233343536 37383940 > Last »
Up