ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 289 of 461
« First < 189239279285286287288289 290291292293299339389 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
O.city 02:54 PM 04-13-2014
Bubba with his length can essentially make it a different course
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:59 PM 04-13-2014
Originally Posted by O.city:
Bubba with his length can essentially make it a different course
The pitch he's facing on 10 is a difficulty of about 9.8.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:06 PM 04-13-2014
Kuchar's approach to 11 is one of the only ways to actually play that hole. It wasn't intentional to end up blocked out that far, but that approach needs to be treated more like a shot into a green on a links course. Run it up, because every ball that lands just short of the green in the air is going to be shot way to the right.
[Reply]
O.city 03:11 PM 04-13-2014
Like that?
[Reply]
tk13 03:20 PM 04-13-2014
Spieth into the water at 12. Ouch.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:22 PM 04-13-2014
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
There is no algorithm on Earth sophisticated enough to quantify what is going to happen with 3/4 of a round left on Sunday in a major championship.
Somehow I think Pomeroy would disagree.

Spieth fading under the pressure finally?
[Reply]
kstater 03:22 PM 04-13-2014
Originally Posted by tk13:
Spieth into the water at 12. Ouch.
Bubba not sitting pretty either.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:27 PM 04-13-2014
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Somehow I think Pomeroy would disagree.

Spieth fading under the pressure finally?
Don't be a fucking dipshit. Your first and second sentences explain exactly why he's wrong. Golf is the sport where human psychology plays the biggest role. Please, though, tell me how he is able to quantify the nerves that someone feels on the back nine at Augusta. It's not just a simple matter of inputting a bunch of scoring averages, putting averages, and driving distance into a formula and spitting out a winner.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:28 PM 04-13-2014
Don't be a ****ing dipshit. Your first and second sentences explain exactly why he's wrong. Golf is the sport where human psychology plays the biggest role. Please, though, tell me how he is able to quantify the nerves that someone feels on the back nine at Augusta. It's not just a simple matter of inputting a bunch of scoring averages, putting averages, and driving distance into a formula and spitting out a winner.
I didn't say I disagreed with you, did I? You're the prick who decided to turn this into a confrontation. As usual.

Just watch the fucking golf.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:29 PM 04-13-2014
I didn't say I disagreed with you, did I? You're the prick who decided to turn this into a confrontation. As usual.
If you didn't disagree with me, then why did you post the fucking odds in the first place? It's not exactly like you have a long-standing history of problematizing Ken Pom. There's a reason why you suffer the derision you do regarding him around here. Stop being duplicitous.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:31 PM 04-13-2014
If you didn't disagree with me then why did you post the ****ing odds in the first place? It's not exactly like you have a long-standing history of problematizing Ken Pom. There's a reason why you suffer the derision you do regarding him around here. Stop being duplicitous.
It's information that people here might have been interested in. Why else does anybody post anything on a message board, you insufferable twat?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:33 PM 04-13-2014
It's information that people here might have been interested in. Why else does anybody post anything on a message board, you insufferable twat?
Stop running away from it. If you thought it was dubious you would have mentioned it. There's nothing wrong with posting the information, but given your history, the connotation of posting material from KenPom is obvious.
[Reply]
O.city 03:34 PM 04-13-2014
Bubba might have sand wedge in on 13. Good lord
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:36 PM 04-13-2014
Originally Posted by O.city:
Bubba might have sand wedge in on 13. Good lord
Reminds me of when Tiger was hitting pitching wedge into 15 in '97.

That's a very poor shot from that location
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:36 PM 04-13-2014
Stop running away from it. If you thought it was dubious you would have mentioned it. There's nothing wrong with posting the information, but given your history, the connotation of posting material from KenPom is obvious.
Or I would have just posted the information and let people form their own opinion about it (like I do whenever I post anything on any topic). I can't control the fact that you've decided to turn an innocuous post into one of your usual shit fits. But maybe I should have expected it given your history.
[Reply]
Page 289 of 461
« First < 189239279285286287288289 290291292293299339389 > Last »
Up