ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Can we talk about Tershawn Wharton?
staylor26 09:36 PM 11-02-2020
This guy is like really fucking good.

He’s playing so well as an UDFA rookie at a position where guys just simply don’t usually play that well until year 2 or 3.

His upside is extremely high for a guy that’s just a rotational player right now. Him and Jones as our interior pass rushers is going to be unfair for the next few years.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:33 AM 06-11-2021
PICS?
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:41 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
PICS?
90 is Reed. 98 is Wharton.

[Reply]
Skyy God 11:56 AM 06-11-2021
Looks more like a 5-tech end than a DT.

Reed looks EXACTLY like a DT.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:57 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Looks more like a 5-tech end fucking monster that would eat your children than a DT.

Reed looks EXACTLY like a DT.
FYP
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:19 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Alan Bailey reference
I'm still in awe of that guy's build. I think he may be the most physically imposing guy the Chiefs have ever had.

[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:23 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea there’s a noticeable difference.

He’s going to be really fucking good.

I love how our pass rush supposedly sucks, but we have 3 legitimate interior pass rushers that can wreck havoc. They’re going to make whoever is playing DE’s job much easier.
I do wonder if this is a bit by design. Veach couldve had Basham. He could’ve invested in DE, considering how aggressively he pursued OL. Some of that could’ve been used at DE.

It does make you think that Veach isn’t as concerned as we are. Maybe he’s anticipating a rematch with the Bucs in the Super Bowl and wants to generate substantial interior pressure, since Brady is no threat to escape. He saw what happened to Ford and Houston in AFCCG. I think they maybe generated 1 pressure combined.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:08 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I do wonder if this is a bit by design. Veach couldve had Basham. He could’ve invested in DE, considering how aggressively he pursued OL. Some of that could’ve been used at DE.

It does make you think that Veach isn’t as concerned as we are. Maybe he’s anticipating a rematch with the Bucs in the Super Bowl and wants to generate substantial interior pressure, since Brady is no threat to escape. He saw what happened to Ford and Houston in AFCCG. I think they maybe generated 1 pressure combined.
I've wondered this too. I mean Reed fell in their lap, but they didnt have to go get him. They chose too add him to a pretty good room already.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:15 PM 06-11-2021
Yea there’s a noticeable difference.

He’s going to be really ****ing good.

I love how our pass rush supposedly sucks, but we have 3 legitimate interior pass rushers that can wreck havoc. They’re going to make whoever is playing DE’s job much easier.
A couple of years ago when asked about the future of NFL defenses, Andy said that he felt interior pass rushers were the future. Remember that? Because it's a shorter distance to the QB, and it totally disrupts timing and passing lanes.

Well, I think we're about to find out if that theory is true.

If you can destroy the pocket from inside, then all your ends have to do is hold containment.

Seems like a sound plan to me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:24 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
A couple of years ago when asked about the future of NFL defenses, Andy said that he felt interior pass rushers were the future. Remember that? Because it's a shorter distance to the QB, and it totally disrupts timing and passing lanes.

Well, I think we're about to find out if that theory is true.

If you can destroy the pocket from inside, then all your ends have to do is hold containment.

Seems like a sound plan to me.
The side benefit of this is that it allows your base set the versatility to rush the passer but defend the edge against this new wave of running QB's like Lamar and Murray. The Chiefs have done a good job against Jackson the last couple of years and they're fixing to get better at it.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:13 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The side benefit of this is that it allows your base set the versatility to rush the passer but defend the edge against this new wave of running QB's like Lamar and Murray. The Chiefs have done a good job against Jackson the last couple of years and they're fixing to get better at it.
I also wonder if teams are over-investing at OT, which is forcing them to limit their investment in the IOL.

I heard a stat recently that like 80% of starting OTs in the Super Bowl were first or second round picks. Can’t remember the specifics, but it was substantial.

If teams are leaving the interior vulnerable, throwing more, and getting rid of the ball quickly, then it makes sense to invest at DT.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:23 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by :
Chiefs’ second-year defensive tackle Tershawn Wharton, who has also put together a very strong training camp, was outright dominant against the 49ers. According to Pro Football Focus, Wharton recorded four total pressures, including a sack, two hurries and a hit. He also recorded two stops and a forced fumble on the night.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:30 PM 08-15-2021
Dude is like our 4th or 5th best D Lineman too
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:41 PM 08-15-2021
We’re so screwed when we lose all the players acquired by Dorsey, guyz!!!!!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:46 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Dude is like our 4th or 5th best D Lineman too
I'd contend possibly 2nd behind Chris Jones
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:10 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I'd contend possibly 2nd behind Chris Jones
Could well be by the end of the year.

I think you have to argue that Reed and Clark are ahead of him for now based on their resumes.

I would put Nnadi ahead of him for now too. He’s been a solid starter.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up