ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>McDowell: Why The Chiefs Pursuit to Renovate Arrowhead Has Hit A Snag
ChiefsFanatic 07:26 PM 01-19-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
The rolling roof at the time was way ahead of its time it should have happened then. Now it just looks like a massive Quanset Hut.

We can do much better than that and keep an outdoor stadium with a retractable roof. That way you lilies can sit comfortably out of the rain and not mus your doo.
Its not just about the weather, and watching a game and not freezing. People who don't live in Jackson County don't give a shit about the taxpayers getting stuck paying millions an millions of extra dollars because Frank White didn't make the team put protections in place for Jackson County residents.

If people want to be upset with someone, be upset with the clowns from the Royals running the push for a new stadium. Literally, they have approached the entire thing like an unprepared 4th grader who suddenly sees a couple of toys they want, making an impromptu bid for an allowance increase in the middle of the Walmart toy section, only to have another breakdown because they have to choose only one of the toys.

How could anyone cast an informed vote for maintaining the tax, when the Royals can't even present a plan for their proposed stadium because they can't decide where to put it.

A football stadium with a retractable roof elevates Kansas City and the greater metro area.

Also, having a retractable roof will generate revenue for Jackson County and the businesses in and around Kansas City.

And, yeah, people won't have to get frostbite, and lose digits in December and January. Oh, how can we be real football fans if we don't get frostbite?

And, imagine how much louder we could make the new Arrowhead, with all that sound bouncing off the roof and onto the field. If we had had a roof, Elway may have just walked off the field in tears, instead of asking the ref to quiet the crowd.
[Reply]
TEX 08:52 AM 01-20-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
The rolling roof at the time was way ahead of its time it should have happened then. Now it just looks like a massive Quanset Hut.

We can do much better than that and keep an outdoor stadium with a retractable roof. That way you lilies can sit comfortably out of the rain and not mus your doo.
It still looks very cool and would work well. I personally hope they never cover Arrowhead, or build a new retractable roof stadium. But if they do, I hope the 1st option would be to build a rolling over the current stadium. Just my opinion.
[Reply]
tk13 04:32 PM 01-19-2024
This could get ugly. Let the mudslinging begin. This is one of the other county legislators. We'll have to see if this is true though.

The county executive (who’s parking spot is empty at the county) has now unilaterally told the attorneys, hired by the County to negotiate, to cease all action’s to get terms finalized by Monday. Thus, preventing needed information requested by the legislators from being…

— Manny Abarca (@MannyAbarcaIV) January 19, 2024

[Reply]
DRM08 04:45 PM 01-19-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:
This could get ugly. Let the mudslinging begin. This is one of the other county legislators. We'll have to see if this is true though.

So basically Frank vetoed it so he can squeeze a better payout for his own pockets, not to do anything for the taxpayers. Reminds me of some of the stuff I see in my own town. Roads need major attention, but the city board approves a silly hotel & convention complex that won't make the city a better place to live.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:03 PM 01-19-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
So basically Frank vetoed it so he can squeeze a better payout for his own pockets, not to do anything for the taxpayers. Reminds me of some of the stuff I see in my own town. Roads need major attention, but the city board approves a silly hotel & convention complex that won't make the city a better place to live.
Why should there be a vote on it when we don't even know where the stadium will be?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:26 PM 01-19-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Why should there be a vote on it when we don't even know where the stadium will be?
Looks like we found a Frank White voter.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:24 PM 01-19-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
More like Frank White is being a cunt because the Royals fired his ass from being a tv announcer and wouldn't consider him for a coaching position.
[Reply]
Valiant 05:32 PM 01-19-2024
Franks a POS. But I am okay with Kansas getting the royals and their bloated as demands. Let them pay for it.
Chiefs stay and Kaufman is turned to a entertainment district with a moving roof.
Imagine a top golf, bars restaurants, mini golf pickle ball and stage under the moving roof. Then can move to the stadium when needed.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:47 PM 01-19-2024
The ask is still just the extension of the 18 year old existing sales tax right?

I mean everything else is on the teams or has that changed?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:30 PM 01-19-2024
Does Frank White and any dumbshit that supports him realize that the Chiefs/Royals have all of the leverage?

Nashville is actively trying to get an MLB team.

Kansas would welcome the Chiefs with open arms.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:33 AM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Does Frank White and any dumbshit that supports him realize that the Chiefs/Royals have all of the leverage?

Nashville is actively trying to get an MLB team.

Kansas would welcome the Chiefs with open arms.
That would be awesome. Nobody here cares about the Royals unless they are winning
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:11 AM 01-20-2024
Keep the stadium an outdoor stadium.

Don't build the retractable roof. It's ugly as fuck. Looks like Chernobyl's new safe confinement. That thing rolls over the building it covers, too

[Reply]
Rausch 10:59 AM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Don't build the retractable roof. It's ugly as fuck. Looks like Chernobyl's new safe confinement. That thing rolls over the building it covers, too
It'll look a lot better once Stevieray climbs his old ass up there and paints a mural on it...
[Reply]
ping2000 12:18 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

I'm concerned that Mahomes would blast a spiral into the roof and cause a cave in.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:19 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by ping2000:
I'm concerned that Mahomes would blast a spiral into the roof and cause a cave in.

[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up