ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 324
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:56 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
Man you don’t read between the lines at all. If I had to guess, you were probably one of the many fans who thought mahomes would suck bc he threw picks in training camp.
You're like not even close. Go hit the showers.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:56 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly. This guy is a fucking idiot and always has been.

To call Spags an “atrocious” hire when the best you got is John fucking Pagano?

:-)
Do you just go around constantly making shit up? Why don't you show me the post where I said that he was the 1A-certified best choice?

Why don't you show me where I shit all over your Steve Wilks thread, too.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:56 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Great stuff, especially what Barber said about Spags coaching the position coaches vs Sutton who left them alone. Also interesting about Ford possibly playing SAM linebacker.
He's getting that from when they took Mathias Kiwanuka and used him that way.
[Reply]
Monkey God 10:57 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Since when can Richard only interview for HC jobs that are full, he didn't get, and after the conclusion of the Chiefs' season?
His contract says he can only interview for HC jobs.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:57 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
JFC you really weren’t talking about Chuck :-)

You’re the only person on this board that would rather have Pagano. Even the people that don’t like this hire would prefer a SB winning DC over a guy who’s done absolutely nothing of note in his career.

You want to pretend like anything good that Spags didn’t even happen because he had talent. You could literally do that with any DC that’s ever had a lot of success.
You know who else won SBs as DC: Peter Giunta and Greg Robinson.

You know what Dick Vermeil said when people criticized Greg Robinson: "He's won Super Bowls. You haven't."

How'd that work out for Dick Vermeil?
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 10:58 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You're like not even close. Go hit the showers.
Lol philly fan cmon now
[Reply]
O.city 10:58 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's getting that from when they took Mathias Kiwanuka and used him that way.
It’s kind of interesting

He’d be around the los a lot

Iirc, it’s similar to what the broncos did with von under wade
[Reply]
Mecca 10:58 PM 01-24-2019
Didn't both of the Pagano's ride Rex Ryans coat tails into jobs?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:59 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
The risk with Rex is his personality. Wouldn’t have meshed with how reid wants his team handled. Especially in the media.
The bigger risk is that his scheme just doesn't work anymore in the NFL. It is, after all, the old version of the scheme we're trying to move away from.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:59 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Care to explain?
If Spags has that level of control over his position coaches he might want someone more experienced, especially considering all of Reid's experience is with the 3-4.

Just spitballing but I wouldn't be surprised to see Brit Reid "reassigned" to "defensive line assistant."
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:00 PM 01-24-2019
Richard has garnered a ton of respect from around the league, and if the Cowboys want to keep him onboard, they'll have to make it worth his while. Per NFL rules, however, they can veto the request by the Jets and any other team right now, making it no guarantee anyone outside of Dallas will have access to him during the playoffs and while he's still under contract. That gives the Cowboys the definitive edge in keeping him longterm, along with other variables they used to attract him to the position in the first place. There's a caveat though, because if the Jets are interviewing him for the head coaching job, the Cowboys can't say no because it's not a lateral move.

However they've written up his contract, any interview that is not for a HC position is a lateral move and the Cowboys can block it.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:01 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Do you just go around constantly making shit up? Why don't you show me the post where I said that he was the 1A-certified best choice?

Why don't you show me where I shit all over your Steve Wilks thread, too.
One of the guys you listed wasn’t an option and the other has never been a DC in their life with no ties to Reid at all, so they pretty much weren’t either.

So yes, Pagano was essentially the best you could come up with.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:01 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Monkey God:
His contract says he can only interview for HC jobs.
Source? Associate/Assistant HC would not be a promotion?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:02 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Didn't both of the Pagano's ride Rex Ryans coat tails into jobs?
That's an odd take.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 11:03 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
If Spags has that level of control over his position coaches he might want someone more experienced, especially considering all of Reid's experience is with the 3-4.

Just spitballing but I wouldn't be surprised to see Brit Reid "reassigned" to "defensive line assistant."
Bienemy was an RB coach and now a coordinator. I’m sure he can adjust to coaching the same position a different way. Especially when you’re only in the base 1/3 of the time.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 324
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Up