ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 324
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:03 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Good god :-)

You're Welcome!
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 10:05 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
No I have wrote off our Defense as improving with hiring Rehash as the DC...

Its a stale zero impact hire that wont produce as we hoped..

Same as it ever was...
What? Look around the NFL. What young defensive coordinators are lighting the world on fire? There aren't any. Wink Martindale = rehash, Gus Bradley = rehash, Jim Schwartz = rehash, Rod Marinelli/Kris Richard = rehash, Vic Fangio = rehash, George Edwards = rehash, Dennis Allen = rehash, Ken Norton = rehash, Wade Phillips = rehash, Gregg Williams = rehash.

Your football takes are pretty much atrocious.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:05 PM 01-24-2019
Holy shit Spags had Turk McBride on his defense in 2012. No wonder it was terrible :-)
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 10:06 PM 01-24-2019
Why do ppl think ford will have no trade value? There isn’t enough pass rushing talent to bid low and wait for his release. There’s 32 teams and possible 2 great pass rushers available. He can play in this defense but they should get return for him now rather than sign him long term, or have him play one year on the tag and walk for free.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:07 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
What? Look around the NFL. What young defensive coordinators are lighting the world on fire? There aren't any. Wink Martindale = rehash, Gus Bradley = rehash, Jim Schwartz = rehash, Rod Marinelli/Kris Richard = rehash, Vic Fangio = rehash, George Edwards = rehash, Dennis Allen = rehash, Ken Norton = rehash, Wade Phillips = rehash, Gregg Williams = rehash.

Man thats a sad list... Good Grief bro...
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 10:07 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't know that ever actually DID set the edge.
He set the edge plenty of times. The notion that he just can't isn't true.

Is he great at it? Nope, but Sutton's run schemes were about as bad as there is.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:07 PM 01-24-2019

Reetard doesn’t make football takes. He’s a trolling Broncos fan.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:09 PM 01-24-2019
I wasn't overly enthused about this hire when it first came to light that he was the favourite. But now its all done, and after looking at his philosophy/record in more detail, I think I can get behind this appointment now. One thing that I find encouraging is firstly that he's coached at pretty much every level of the defense. DB's, Defensive line etc. So he'll know exactly what he wants from his defense In every area. He's also got a reputation of improving his players, something Sutton struggled with for the most part. I also like the fact that he's shown his brilliance on the biggest stage against what was deemed an unstoppable force when he stopped the Pats offense in the 2007 superbowl.

All we can do now is hope that this appointment can be looked back on in years to come as a turning point for the franchise. If he can give Pat a top fifteen defense over the next few years then I have no doubt that we can win the whole thing.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 10:09 PM 01-24-2019
Those are the best coordinators in the league. Please tell me more about how you need fresh blood as a defensive coordinator to be successful.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 10:09 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Reetard doesn’t make football takes. He’s a trolling Broncos fan.
He doesn't know shit about football.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 10:10 PM 01-24-2019
Are you serious? Lol
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 10:10 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
Why do ppl think ford will have no trade value? There isn’t enough pass rushing talent to bid low and wait for his release. There’s 32 teams and possible 2 great pass rushers available. He can play in this defense but they should get return for him now rather than sign him long term, or have him play one year on the tag and walk for free.
Ford will have trade value. The "team has no leverage" nonsense is just that. Nonsense.

By that measure, Chiefs had no leverage with Alex Smith. Leverage is created by more than one team being interested. If Chiefs put non-exclusive tag on Ford, more than 1 team will be interested.

I wouldn't trade him unless you're getting a high 2 at minimum. The league is starved for pass rushers and not many are hitting the market.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:11 PM 01-24-2019
He doesn't know shit about football.
There are 11 guys on either side of the ball, playing to stop the other team from doing something...
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:12 PM 01-24-2019
Those are the best coordinators in the league. Please tell me more about how you need fresh blood as a defensive coordinator to be successful.

And if one gets fired for having a poor defense what happens? Will they get another job in the league?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:14 PM 01-24-2019
Ford will have trade value. The "team has no leverage" nonsense is just that. Nonsense.

By that measure, Chiefs had no leverage with Alex Smith. Leverage is created by more than one team being interested. If Chiefs put non-exclusive tag on Ford, more than 1 team will be interested.

I wouldn't trade him unless you're getting a high 2 at minimum. The league is starved for pass rushers and not many are hitting the market.
They're getting a 2 and more or a player for player swap at least. I think Spag is going to have a lot of interest in getting Jason Pierre-Paul back somehow if it would be feasible.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 324
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Up