ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 129 of 324
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
RealSNR 08:47 AM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I agree. I believe they will use one of their 2nd round picks or their 3rd round pick to grab an OL.

The rest of the high picks will be defense.
Why?

Yes, I want the best OL possible too with our QB. But only if the pick makes sense.

What's even more important is getting the best TEAM around Mahomes, and that means always taking the best available player. If the OL prospects in a draft class suck, then for fuck's sake don't take one. The LAST thing we need is some Mike McGlynn motherfucker gumming up the works just because we took him in the 2nd round.

Also... and this is going to sound awful, but bear with me... I mean, other than potentially finding an eventual replacement for Schwartz or even a guy who's just better than Eric Fisher in all ways, I don't really care about drafting offensive line. We could REALLY use an actual honest-to-god backup OT instead of some short-armed doofus who's actually a G.

At every other position we already have pretty damn good depth.

MAYBE take a C and tell the other OC guys to go fuck themselves.

But that's it. I really don't want to draft another G. I don't want to draft another OT prospect and try to switch him to G like we usually do. I don't want us to waste a draft pick on some interior OL dude who's only going to be depth.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:47 AM 02-03-2019
I can see Veach investing in another WR, TE, OL and RB but I’m not sure if that comes in the draft or FA.
[Reply]
ChuckP 10:56 AM 02-03-2019
I looked up Spags complete history, bio, stats, etc etc. LETS JUST SAY THAT "IAM NOT IMPRESSED WHATSOEVER". Yes, he's a friend of Andy Reid but so is Bob Sutton. I rest my case your honor.
[Reply]
tmax63 10:59 AM 02-03-2019
it's too bad the Chiefs don't have your guidance. Obviously the defense will tank from 31 to 32 and PMII will have to carry this team again next year. And it is so avoidable.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:05 AM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by ChuckP:
I looked up Spags complete history, bio, stats, etc etc. LETS JUST SAY THAT "IAM NOT IMPRESSED WHATSOEVER". Yes, he's a friend of Andy Reid but so is Bob Sutton. I rest my case your honor.
Thanks for the hot take.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:13 AM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by ChuckP:
Sutton was just a guy Andy had heard of when he got hired in 2013. I don't think they came into contact with each other at all for the most part before then.
[Reply]
O.city 11:44 AM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Why?

Yes, I want the best OL possible too with our QB. But only if the pick makes sense.

What's even more important is getting the best TEAM around Mahomes, and that means always taking the best available player. If the OL prospects in a draft class suck, then for ****'s sake don't take one. The LAST thing we need is some Mike McGlynn mother****er gumming up the works just because we took him in the 2nd round.

Also... and this is going to sound awful, but bear with me... I mean, other than potentially finding an eventual replacement for Schwartz or even a guy who's just better than Eric Fisher in all ways, I don't really care about drafting offensive line. We could REALLY use an actual honest-to-god backup OT instead of some short-armed doofus who's actually a G.

At every other position we already have pretty damn good depth.

MAYBE take a C and tell the other OC guys to go **** themselves.

But that's it. I really don't want to draft another G. I don't want to draft another OT prospect and try to switch him to G like we usually do. I don't want us to waste a draft pick on some interior OL dude who's only going to be depth.
They need to do something at the center and LG spot one way or another
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:12 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
They need to do something at the center and LG spot one way or another
They have Reiter at C. He only started a couple of games and looked just okay at best. I agree with drafting a new C. That's priority #1 if we're going to draft OL.

But honestly... priority #2 for me is REALLY ensuring that Mahomes is safe at the bookends. I've hated the idea going back to midway through Alex's time here that one of our short-armed bowling ball OGs is Mahomes' blindside protection should Fisher go down. Or maybe they move Schwartz over and put in somebody at RT. Either way, as good as Schwartz is, I'd rather get a line of development going at the OT position and secure those backup spots with real OTs.

The whole, "this guy has OL versatility" is crucially important and all, and occasionally it can uncover some gems, such as finding out that Fulton and even Devey are actually pretty damn good OCs. But I absolutely hate chancing it like that on the OT position. One ACL tear is all it takes for our deadly passing attack to get severely neutered all because Cameron freakin Erving looks like an elephant in clown makeup on roller skates when he's filling in at LT.

As for the LG position, I'm still gonna say no. We redshirted McKenzie all season. He was on the 53 man roster all year. 1 of 53 spots was taken up by his fat ass on the bench all year. All because we were afraid he would be scooped up by some team if we tried to send him to the practice squad. That's the same approach we took with LDT if you recall. If he weren't making progress and moving towards something respectable in team practices, one would imagine Reid and Veach would be more interested in freeing up that extra roster spot, especially with so many OL guys already on the team (didn't we wind up with like 10 OL by the end of the season or something like that?)

And to be honest, the same goes for Jimmy Murray. Dude had a looooot of inactive weeks that we carried him on. If he were just a guy that the team didn't think could make a difference next year, we would have either left him on the practice squad or hoped we could have brought him back next offseason to compete in training camp... or just flushed him down the toilet.

No, you don't pass on worthy OL prospects if they fall to you in the draft just because you have those two, but I don't think the Chiefs see LG as that big of a deal to fix. And to be quite honest, I'm not going to be surprised if they also let the draft go by without drafting a replacement for Morse, either.
[Reply]
Cosmos 02-03-2019, 12:45 PM
This message has been deleted by Cosmos.
ChiefaRoo 03:38 PM 02-03-2019
All Defense. Pick a 6th round Guard if they must. No brainer
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:04 PM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Pretty cool that waiting probably cost us playing in the super bowl this year.
Moving forward with someone last year might cost us the super bowl next year. Nobody knows anything
[Reply]
O.city 09:22 PM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
They have Reiter at C. He only started a couple of games and looked just okay at best. I agree with drafting a new C. That's priority #1 if we're going to draft OL.

But honestly... priority #2 for me is REALLY ensuring that Mahomes is safe at the bookends. I've hated the idea going back to midway through Alex's time here that one of our short-armed bowling ball OGs is Mahomes' blindside protection should Fisher go down. Or maybe they move Schwartz over and put in somebody at RT. Either way, as good as Schwartz is, I'd rather get a line of development going at the OT position and secure those backup spots with real OTs.

The whole, "this guy has OL versatility" is crucially important and all, and occasionally it can uncover some gems, such as finding out that Fulton and even Devey are actually pretty damn good OCs. But I absolutely hate chancing it like that on the OT position. One ACL tear is all it takes for our deadly passing attack to get severely neutered all because Cameron freakin Erving looks like an elephant in clown makeup on roller skates when he's filling in at LT.

As for the LG position, I'm still gonna say no. We redshirted McKenzie all season. He was on the 53 man roster all year. 1 of 53 spots was taken up by his fat ass on the bench all year. All because we were afraid he would be scooped up by some team if we tried to send him to the practice squad. That's the same approach we took with LDT if you recall. If he weren't making progress and moving towards something respectable in team practices, one would imagine Reid and Veach would be more interested in freeing up that extra roster spot, especially with so many OL guys already on the team (didn't we wind up with like 10 OL by the end of the season or something like that?)

And to be honest, the same goes for Jimmy Murray. Dude had a looooot of inactive weeks that we carried him on. If he were just a guy that the team didn't think could make a difference next year, we would have either left him on the practice squad or hoped we could have brought him back next offseason to compete in training camp... or just flushed him down the toilet.

No, you don't pass on worthy OL prospects if they fall to you in the draft just because you have those two, but I don't think the Chiefs see LG as that big of a deal to fix. And to be quite honest, I'm not going to be surprised if they also let the draft go by without drafting a replacement for Morse, either.
Going the developmental route would be fine with me but you’re gonna have a big year riding on some late round rookies

That’s iffy
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:23 PM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
All Defense. Pick a 6th round Guard if they must. No brainer
I love all the great highlights of Mahomes making shit happen but what does that say about our OL? They suck is what it says. He can't run around as much as he did and expect to keep winning
OL is soft and need some upgrades.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:30 PM 02-04-2019
The smartest thing Veach could do for the next 15 years is build a solid OL over and over. It's what Belichick has done to let Brady make his short ass throws.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:10 PM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wylie isn’t a starter. He was awful down the stretch
yeah but the team seems to like him. He'll stay.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:13 PM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Going the developmental route would be fine with me but you’re gonna have a big year riding on some late round rookies

That’s iffy
Would you be satisfied with this year's level of LG play?

Because that would be the floor of the position on our team next year. As in, the WORST it could get. Where we just go back to Erving.

I'm saying unless the OG prospect is out of this world amazing and we can get him with one of the 2nd rounders or later, just pass on that position. We don't really need it.
[Reply]
Page 129 of 324
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Up