ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 332 of 1215
« First < 232282322328329330331332 333334335336342382432832 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:00 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Went for the hot dog gold yesterday and bought some Hebrew Nationals, had never tried them before because the price seemed way outta wack for a simple hotdog

They do look different, they're bigger and have a darker color to them than regular dogs... will try several later tonight and report back if they're worth the money
You owe it to yourself to go full chicago, or as full as you can assemble on the fly.

The pickle and tomato are least mandatory, IMO.

But if you can at least get together a poppy bun, plain yellow mustard, day glo relish [or at least sweet pickle relish], fresh diced white onion, sport peppers and celery salt, it's worth it.

If you find pickle slices, try to get the most garlic-ey kosher you can.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:01 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Onions will sprout (same with garlic) in cold.

Refrigeration degrades flavor of tomatoes.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.ny...?client=safari

Generally, store food how you find it at the store. If it's fridged at the store, fridge it at home.

Only thing that sprouts is potatoes. I buy a 4 pack of tomatoes and that last 2 weeks in the fridge, onions 3 to 4 weeks. Does it last that long not in the fridge? Oh, and what about bugs, we don't leave food laying around?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:08 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Only thing that sprouts is potatoes. I buy a 4 pack of tomatoes and that last 2 weeks in the fridge, onions 3 to 4 weeks. Does it last that long not in the fridge? Oh, and what about bugs, we don't leave food laying around?

I have no issues with bugs. We don't do tomatoes much, but I have onions and garlic all the time out. Both last a long time if stored in a cool dark place. They last longer than we run through them, anyway.

Tomatoes, it's a flavor thing. They'll just taste better if you don't refrigerate them.

And I reiterate, the grocers know how to store their food the best way.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:12 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
You owe it to yourself to go full chicago, or as full as you can assemble on the fly.

The pickle and tomato are least mandatory, IMO.

But if you can at least get together a poppy bun, plain yellow mustard, day glo relish [or at least sweet pickle relish], fresh diced white onion, sport peppers and celery salt, it's worth it.

If you find pickle slices, try to get the most garlic-ey kosher you can.
Despite the fascination with condiments, the Chicago dog starts and ends with the dog. This is my only support of the Cubs, but this dog is worth it.

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:13 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Despite the fascination with condiments, the Chicago dog starts and ends with the dog. This is my only support of the Cubs, but this dog is worth it.

Would smash.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:14 PM 10-21-2016
I have no issues with bugs. We don't do tomatoes much, but I have onions and garlic all the time out. Both last a long time if stored in a cool dark place. They last longer than we run through them, anyway.

Tomatoes, it's a flavor thing. They'll just taste better if you don't refrigerate them.

And I reiterate, the grocers know how to store their food the best way.

Sorry, still not sold, the grocers have gnats and I end up bringing them home, I hate those things.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:15 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Oh yeah, VB is my jam. But Nathans and HN are no slouches. Those three are pretty much the only hotdogs I ever buy, for anything.

It's a ways out of my way, but I love making a special trip seasonally to Woofies

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:19 PM 10-21-2016
Oh yeah, VB is my jam. But Nathans and HN are no slouches. Those three are pretty much the only hotdogs I ever buy, for anything.

It's a ways out of my way, but I love making a special trip seasonally to Woofies

Oscar Mayer started these. They're good.

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:20 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Sorry, still not sold, the grocers have gnats and I end up bringing them home, I hate those things.

You need a better grocer. I've never seen fruit flies or gnats where I buy produce (Publix).
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:23 PM 10-21-2016
Oscar Mayer started these. They're good.
1. hows the season
2. hows the snap
[Reply]
Buzz 07:27 PM 10-21-2016
You need a better grocer. I've never seen fruit flies or gnats where I buy produce (Publix).

:-) must be more common in Missouri. I had the little bastards coming through the window screen the other day.
[Reply]
RobBlake 07:29 PM 10-21-2016
Sushi!

what do you guys like?
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:33 PM 10-21-2016

I love Nathan's. VB is on another level here though, shit (literally) that they don't sell anywhere else, same I'm sure with Nathans in NY.

I've got a few hotdog stands here that I love, but my favorite is George's on Damen. LOL, I'll regularly see foreigners (like from other countries) on some money grab Chicago tour getting dogs there. The only reason I bring it up though is because it's a Greek man and wife that have owned it and the husband just passed away. Their dog is great, but the gyro is on another level. The wife and I have been stopping there every week because a) they're great people in the neighborhood and b) we never know when it's going to be gone.

Eh, I got off the rails there, but eat your local fare, appreciate it and tell us about it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:35 PM 10-21-2016
1. hows the season

2. hows the snap

Both good, nice smokiness, too. There's a kind of skin that's got a good snap. Not like you'd find with a casing sausage, but way better than their standard dogs. They're worth a try.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:36 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Sushi!

what do you guys like?

I like my sushi battered and fried. Served with chips. Check out this beautiful cod roll.

[Reply]
Page 332 of 1215
« First < 232282322328329330331332 333334335336342382432832 > Last »
Up