ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Testosterone. Discuss.
eDave 05:08 PM 10-14-2020
Is it an issue? How to counter?
[Reply]
Fish 10:22 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Yeah, no shit sherlock. That's why you go get tested first.

Also know that it's not done for longetivity, it's done for quality of life.
Getting tested by the place that wants to sell you the fix...

I'm just saying, the whole "Low T" industry is based on profiting from telling insecure men that they're not manly enough. Infinitely more people use it for that reason than for any actual hormone deficiency. The "Quality of life" part of it is mostly just pandering BS. The science doesn't support it. It never really has. And there are absolutely some risks involved.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:50 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:

I'm just saying, the whole "Low T" industry is based on profiting from telling insecure men that they're not manly enough. Infinitely more people use it for that reason than for any actual hormone deficiency. The "Quality of life" part of it is mostly just pandering BS. The science doesn't support it. It never really has. And there are absolutely some risks involved.
I absolutely agree with this. These "clinics" are popping up all over town. The commercials are embarassing..."Hey, guys over 40...are you feeling sluggish, tired, weak, unable to...make her happy? Well, come on down to Manly Man and we'll fix yer shit!" Hell, the other day I heard one that was saying men in their 30's start experiencing these symptoms. It's really sad.

I'm gonna be 50 this year. I work out, I'm eating pretty well and I'm not drinking as much as I used to, but I'm still enjoying my whiskey. And, I figure...I'm probably pretty normal for a 50 year old guy. I definitely don't want injections or whatever. Not saying there isn't a place for that at your doctor's office, but it's not at these clinics...
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:51 AM 10-15-2020
This explains a lot, go get some shots hammer a beer and fuck a chick.

Then vote....
[Reply]
loochy 11:07 AM 10-15-2020
Labcorp numbers are Labcorp numbers. This statement by you doesn't make sense.

I'm just saying, the whole "Low T" industry is based on profiting from telling insecure men that they're not manly enough. Infinitely more people use it for that reason than for any actual hormone deficiency.
Agree
The "Quality of life" part of it is mostly just pandering BS.
Says the guy that hasn't experienced it. It absolutely DOES make a difference.

The science doesn't support it. It never really has.
Science doesn't support the fact that one feels better with normal/optimal hormone levels instead of deficient hormone levels?

And there are absolutely some risks involved.
Well yeah, that's why you pull regular bloodwork and adjust accordingly.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 11:12 AM 10-15-2020

I agree that these HRT clinics are BS. You don't go to a Wellness/Anti-aging clinic for Low-T. You go there to "buy" testosterone and other ancillary drugs. They are selling guys a package of test, nandrolone, HCG and an aromatsase inhibitor for $5-600/month. It's actually a great deal for pharm grade stuff. If you have low T, you go to an endo or urologist and it gets prescribed/covered by insurance because it is an actual issue.

As far as quality of life goes, there a ton of benefits from TRT that gets you into the normal/high normal range. It's when you are consistently outside of the reference ranges and way above supra-physiological levels, for extended periods of time, that causes health issues. As long as you stay current with bloodwork you should NEVER hit any of the conditions long enough for it to cause damage.
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 11:33 AM 10-15-2020
I was tested with my local doc around age 38. Blood work showed low T. I started taking shots and they sucked. I hate needles. Some guys I guess do this this themself but not me.

Very close to how doc explained it, things happened at around week 5 of T shots.
The return of Morning Glory.
The urge to Merge.
The energy levels increased.

I am very loyal to my wife. And take pride in my morales but I do admit females were becoming more ‘noticeable’. I never crossed that line but there is no doubt females’ ‘assessories’ were hard to ignore. And the energy never got to where doc said, but it was much improved. Before the T shots, my energy levels were horribly low.

With doc’s prescription and referral I started taking a T troche daily from a compound pharmacy. My T levels remain good. I have done this for six years. But if the T levels get too high that’s another experience I don’t want again.

I believe low T is a real thing. I firmly believe my levels were low in my 30’s. I also believe my local doc had nothing to gain but just to help his patient unlike the possible motive of T Clinics.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:56 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
wow.

thread makes me very thankful for my health.
Right? Good Lord.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:58 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Is low T somehow synonymous with being unhealthy?
Having to stick a needle in yourself twice a week does not indicate optimal health, no. No knock on those who need to do it and more power to them for finding a way to help themselves.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:06 PM 10-15-2020
Massively overprescribed.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:19 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bronco_buster2:
I was tested with my local doc around age 38. Blood work showed low T. I started taking shots and they sucked. I hate needles. Some guys I guess do this this themself but not me.

Very close to how doc explained it, things happened at around week 5 of T shots.
The return of Morning Glory.
The urge to Merge.
The energy levels increased.

I am very loyal to my wife. And take pride in my morales but I do admit females were becoming more ‘noticeable’. I never crossed that line but there is no doubt females’ ‘assessories’ were hard to ignore. And the energy never got to where doc said, but it was much improved. Before the T shots, my energy levels were horribly low.

With doc’s prescription and referral I started taking a T troche daily from a compound pharmacy. My T levels remain good. I have done this for six years. But if the T levels get too high that’s another experience I don’t want again.

I believe low T is a real thing. I firmly believe my levels were low in my 30’s. I also believe my local doc had nothing to gain but just to help his patient unlike the possible motive of T Clinics.
The thing is, more testosterone makes you feel unbelievable regardless of if you have an actual medical issue of having low test. Even 20 year olds on test for body building report the same issues. A feel like alot of these low T clinics are capitalizing on a want more than a need and a loophole in the law.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:23 PM 10-15-2020
This thread is weird. That is all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:24 PM 10-15-2020
I've never tried TRT.

I usually just snort cocaine. Is that a problem?
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:31 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I've never tried TRT.

Is when you don't have any
[Reply]
loochy 12:44 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I've never tried TRT.

It depends. Do you handle it well in terms of emotion? How's your blood pressure on it?
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:17 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
It depends. Do you handle it well in terms of emotion? How's your blood pressure on it?
Nobody gives a shit about their blood pressure when they're on cocaine
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up