ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 171
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
sully1983 09:21 PM 11-13-2018
Bodyguard was dope as hell and easy to binge watch (only 6 episodes)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:49 PM 11-13-2018
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Commencing on your recommend. It was between this, 2nd Season of Big Mouth [1st season ROCKED], Haunting on Hill House, and Homecoming. American Vandal Season 2 and to a lesser extent The Romanoffs were on the semi-short list.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:31 AM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Commencing on your recommend. It was between this, 2nd Season of Big Mouth [1st season ROCKED], Haunting on Hill House, and Homecoming. American Vandal Season 2 and to a lesser extent The Romanoffs were on the semi-short list.
I think you'll dig it. The soap opera stuff you referenced earlier isn't really on point.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:15 AM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I think you'll dig it. The soap opera stuff you referenced earlier isn't really on point.
God damn it!! How do I get off this crazy ride?!?!?
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:12 AM 11-14-2018
God damn it!! How do I get off this crazy ride?!?!?
Ride it out, broseph.

I told you it threw some haymakers.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 04:14 AM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by sully1983:
I'm not a big fan of brit series. With what you recommended to BL, love them all. Will give this a shot. Thanks.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:39 AM 11-14-2018
I finished the Bodyguard last night. Very good. Not 100% thrilled with the ending, but very good nonetheless.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:46 AM 11-25-2018
Not quite through with Homecoming, but I've seen enough to say it is right up my alley.

I don't want to spoil what it is, but you were holding off on it because it's too weird or convoluted, it's really not. It's surprising in a lot of ways, but it's mostly in the way it re-synthesizes the familiar in exciting and interesting ways.

The broad strokes of the narrative are almost cliché, as you see the formulation of a vast secret conspiracy, and the dogged detective and the bad guys trying to cover their tracks. And the stylistic cues of the score and the cinematography are plainly inspired from a bygone era of cinema storytelling.

But the scenario and the details are very current and very grounded in contemporary life. So the story sparks the imagination as it unfolds.

And aside from the feel of the show as composed of the cinematography and score, the performances are the real draw.

Some have said that it seems slow early on, and it does. But it's purposeful. I think every frame is purposeful. You're meant to relate to both the feasibility of and the outlandishness of the narrative. It's something you hate to think could happen, but if it did you would think it would realistically play out this way. It's not a 'wild ride,' but it's still engrossing and gripping.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:53 PM 11-25-2018
Not quite through with Homecoming, but I've seen enough to say it is right up my alley.

I don't want to spoil what it is, but you were holding off on it because it's too weird or convoluted, it's really not. It's surprising in a lot of ways, but it's mostly in the way it re-synthesizes the familiar in exciting and interesting ways.

The broad strokes of the narrative are almost cliché, as you see the formulation of a vast secret conspiracy, and the dogged detective and the bad guys trying to cover their tracks. And the stylistic cues of the score and the cinematography are plainly inspired from a bygone era of cinema storytelling.

But the scenario and the details are very current and very grounded in contemporary life. So the story sparks the imagination as it unfolds.

And aside from the feel of the show as composed of the cinematography and score, the performances are the real draw.

Some have said that it seems slow early on, and it does. But it's purposeful. I think every frame is purposeful. You're meant to relate to both the feasibility of and the outlandishness of the narrative. It's something you hate to think could happen, but if it did you would think it would realistically play out this way. It's not a 'wild ride,' but it's still engrossing and gripping.
I’m glad you liked it. I was concerned you’d eviscerate it after I gave it a good review:-)

Watch it through the end. I’ll be interested to know your thoughts on the ending.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:00 PM 11-25-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m glad you liked it. I was concerned you’d eviscerate it after I gave it a good review:-)

Watch it through the end. I’ll be interested to know your thoughts on the ending.
That was a review of Homecoming, not Bodyguard.

I didn't want to spoil too much about Bodyguard, so I thought I'd let my enthusiasm from mid-binge speak for itself. Expanding a bit on that, very few shows end as strongly as they start, particularly if they start by setting wild expectations. Bodyguard was no exception, but that's scarcely a knock. More an expression of the realities of concluding a thriller season/series. It got a little strainy, credibility-wise, towards the end, and the twists were a little fast/furious and pat, but it did pretty good overall doing what it set out to do, and earned all the attention it got.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:14 PM 12-04-2018
If you love dogs, watch Netflixs "dogs" series.
If you don't love dogs... **** you.

I usually hate shows and movies about dogs. Cheesy and overly sentimental. The few in this Netflix series I've seen so far are not cheesy at all... No other word to use but beautiful. Just finished "Ice on the water" and it brought a huge smile to my face.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:23 PM 12-07-2018
Finally started watching Vikings. I like it so far, through the first season, but then I got sidetracked when I learned the new season of The Last Kingdom is on Netflix as of a week ago. If you're a fan of Vikings and haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and watch all 3 seasons. It's great.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:42 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Finally started watching Vikings. I like it so far, through the first season, but then I got sidetracked when I learned the new season of The Last Kingdom is on Netflix as of a week ago. If you're a fan of Vikings and haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and watch all 3 seasons. It's great.
I like the last kingdom. (Even though my guy scholagladiatora savagely eviscerated it LOL). Just started season 3.

Vikings is a good watch for season 1 but I got sidetracked as fuck in season 2. I finished season 2 and I think season 3 but I got too sidetracked in season 2 to keep up. I need to catch back up.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:18 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
When I started it up again, I had totally forgotten to adopt "assling" into my daily vocabulary.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:55 PM 12-09-2018
Binged Godless over the weekend. It was a bit silly and over the top, but highly entertaining and well done.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 171
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Up