ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 158
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 08:31 PM 01-24-2021
Second straight Super Bowl win incoming.

Time to send old man Brady out to pasture.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:46 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think we come out slinging it and try to wear those linemen down early.

Then 2nd half, you can run it or pass as needed. It worked against a Saints DL who we were very outmatched by.
don't disagree, and I'm definitely not advocating for the traditional running game. I think a hurry up early in the game would catch them off guard and slow down that pass rush.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:01 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Should I be worried about how confident I am about this game?

I was never worried about the Buffalo game & Tampa Bay scares me even less. I was just thinking about how this could all blow up in my face but I'm feeling there isn't a team in the NFL that scares me anymore. If they Chiefs don't win this game by 14-21pts, I'm going to be disappointed.

It's crazy for a Chiefs fan to feel this way.
I'm sure that part isn't true.

I've felt the same way all playoffs though.

They should handle the Browns pretty easily.... right?

The Bills aren't quite there yet, they might go up a few scores in this one.... right?

The Bucs are a 5 seed, lost 5 games, were gifted WFT in the first round and a crippled Brees.... so, they don't seem all that great... right?

I've thought for a while that I'd be disappointed if they didn't win the AFC again, because I really didn't think other teams had much more than a ~30% chance of winning..... and I thought the winner of Saints/Bucs had a good chance to beat the Packers, but really wanted it to be the Saints with a healthier Brees..... and that the SB would be the ONE GAME where it was practically icing on the cake, an even match up that could be won or lost....

But now that we're here, it's definitely bordering on overconfidence..... the one thing keeping me grounded to reality is Brady. The one big red flag for Mayfield and Allen was lack of playoff experience vs. a team that's been there and won it all.... so, what does that say for a guy who's made it this far for half his fucking 20 year career?!

OTOH, we went out and got the DC who's the Brady killer, and Mahomes was having a freakin' field day in the first half against that defense earlier in the season.... and HP posted Brady's stats against winning teams this season, and they're awful, just like their record indicates.

So yeah.... it's a weird feeling.
[Reply]
prhom 12:05 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Been watching some of the games this weekend. I would like to see us come out in a hurry up, or at least get into it after a few first downs. They like to sub linemen in, especially Vita, on longer yardage downs. Work them sideline to sideline with Jet Sweeps and sprint out passes and start getting them worn down early.
I have to think the short passing game is gonna be there for us early. Would Bowles come out and try to press our guys at the LOS and risk getting beat deep again like the first game? I kinda doubt it.

I agree and like the hurry up plan. It really worked well against the Bills. We can execute hurry up very well and the understanding Mahomes-Hill-Kelce have of what they need to do without having it all spelled out is unmatched. I’ll put our “fast-break” offense up against anyone. Then hit them deep when they are winded and mis-communicating.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:16 PM 01-31-2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:17 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I'm sure that part isn't true.

I've felt the same way all playoffs though.

So yeah.... it's a weird feeling.
True...I wouldn't be disappointed. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:18 PM 01-31-2021
A terrible Hardman drop or we absolutely blow the doors off them. I faintly remember the officials getting them back into the game too
[Reply]
KC Hawks 12:22 PM 01-31-2021
The Kansas City Chiefs will score more points than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:39 PM 01-31-2021
From a scheme pov what the Rams did to tampa with the rpo's, jet sweeps and short passing game was brilliant. Kupp and Woods ate Tampa alive that day but Goff threw two terrible picks to keep the game close.

A few other things that are interesting is in EIGHT of their last ten games they've given up twenty or above points. The two they didn't was one against the Vikings when they missed three field goals and one against the Lions when Stafford was out. Another thing is two of the qb's they've faced who could run i.e Heinakie and Pat, both averaged SEVEN yards per carry. Rodgers had big holes he could have ran into too but chose to throw instead.

And lastly the one that cannot be denied is tampa pretty much go as the turnover battle goes. Short fields has been crucial to that team both with points and confidence. 17-0 up in the redzone and about to shut the door and we fumbled and gave them life..can't do it.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:31 PM 01-31-2021
The only times Brady has won against Mahomes, they were down to the wire, and with Patrick trying to drag grandpa Bob Sutton and his DEAD FUCKING LAST NO ADJUSTMENT PISS POOR _EFENSE, kicking and screaming to a win.

Too much baggage for even 15 to overcome.

In the last game that mattered, he not only was saddled with the dead last defense, but also the dumbest defender in Chiefs postseason history who negated a game losing interception because he forgot how to line up.

Tom BARELY won those contests against one of the worst defenses ive ever seen, with Belicheat on the sideline.

We now have Spags, who owns Brady, guiding a light years better defense.

Bruce Arians is a clown. Throw deep no matter what, blame Brady for it failing. No risk it no biscuit is a joke. A shitty catchphrase trying to disguise your lack of ability to scheme anything more creative than a Madden scrub.

The fucking guy didnt even use motion until late season when Tom basicly just put it in himself.

The Chiefs simply will not lose this game short of intentionally taking a dive. The talent level on field and off is extremely one sided.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:34 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
The Kansas City Chiefs will score more points than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
I prefer this to other possible outcomes
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:49 PM 01-31-2021
damn i need this

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:03 PM 01-31-2021
I'm pretty confident. A little worried but not much. They are obviously a good team but I dont see their offense being able to keep up w ours.

Brady is old. This season, he's got the numbers and the wins but I havent been impressed when ive seen him. He throws some great throws but then he throws some ducks as well - every game.

Overall, at this point in their careers and w weapons we have Mahomes is the much better QB and i think he will show that Sunday.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:07 PM 01-31-2021
don't let our memes be dreams, mahomes

[Reply]
DT#58 03:18 PM 01-31-2021
If theres one thing Ive learned from been a Chief fan for over 52 years is never be over confident or simply expect a victory in a big game.
So many disappointments over the years, expecting a win, only to be let down by this or that bad performance/screwup.
You can break it all down and say they should dominate in this area or that area, but the fact is they must bring their A game and do it for 60 minutes.
Specifically the OLine hold up and the Dline dominate, then everything else should take care of itself.
Offence, Defence and Special teams firing on all cylinders.
Lets see if Tampa can deal with that.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:26 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
damn i need this

They make Mahomes look left handed. But his right hand is on the laces. I guess he's peeking back at the ref to see if there's a flag.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 158
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116 > Last »
Up