ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 436 of 2694
« First < 336386426432433434435436 4374384394404464865369361436 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:50 PM 08-14-2017
Slayer Diablo wasn't this annoying, was he? My memory is a bit fuzzy. I know we all enjoyed giving him a hard time and that it escalated when "the picture" of him showed up, but I don't ever remember him refusing to embed tweets or just occasionally saying the most nonsensical weird crap from time to time.

Bearcat, you probably have a better memory. Does penbrook bear any resemblance to your brother?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 07:52 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Exactly.

I never said Alex Smith was elite or even great. I simply said he is a good game manager. Most NFL HCs and GMs would agree with me, if not all. Yet most posters on CP act like he is the worst QB in the NFL, never give the guy any credit and seem to want him to fail while insulting the guy but give a pass to pretty much every other Chief player when they make a mistake. That's ridiculous.

As far as Mahomes, I've already said I'm willing to be patient with him because I know he is raw. I never said he looked like he sucked or that the kid was going to be a bust.

He didn't do anything that impressed me because most of the plays were one-read quick passes that any QB could do. He also showed some of his weaknesses from his draft profile as well. The best QBs make their weaknesses their strengths, he hasn't done that yet but I am pretty confident with Reid's coaching he eventually will.

But again, it's one freaking half-game who cares if he didn't impress me? It's his job to impress the coaches, not me. Eventually if he is as good as we all hope he will be I'll be impressed. I'm rooting for the kid.

If the Mahomesexuals expect me to get all excited about a half of a preseason game, well I'm sorry but I'm not. Next game that can change and I hope it does.
Bull

Fucking

Shit

To

All

This

Fucking

Bullshit
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:52 PM 08-14-2017
Penbrook joined at age 11... will probably keep posting here throughout high school...

Guys... this is an opportunity for scientific study that will never come our way again. We have the chance to document and examine the effects of being raised by Chiefs Planet. What are the outcomes of a child experiencing his formative years talking to a bunch of bitter fat bald middle-aged Chiefs fans on the internet?

This could have ground-breaking findings. We could be famous.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 07:53 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
so now, you have to manufacture an argument? :-) ... boring.
Not my intention, and I've never had a problem with you...

You love Alex. It's cool, he plays for my team so I root for him 100%

The only gripe I have with some of the Alex superfans is the oddly malicious attitude towards Mahomes...

You've stated you hope he succeeds, but there's a passive aggressive nature I'm picking up...

Maybe I'm just not reading it correctly :-)
[Reply]
penbrook 07:54 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Penbrook joined at age 11... will probably keep posting here throughout high school...

Guys... this is an opportunity for scientific study that will never come our way again. We have the chance to document and examine the effects of being raised by Chiefs Planet. What are the outcomes of a child experiencing his formative years talking to a bunch of bitter fat bald middle-aged Chiefs fans on the internet?

This could have ground-breaking findings. We could be famous.
I'll make sure to credit this place whenever I become president
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:54 PM 08-14-2017
There are plenty of reasons to bash Alex Smith. I don't know why just because we've resigned ourselves to the fact that he has some kind of mental inhibition to taking necessary risks that means he's free from criticism.
Oh he is definitely deserving of criticism. I don't deny that. What I was referring to was like in Clay's gif thread. He couldn't praise Mahomes without simultaneously bashing Smith. That was stupid and over the top. Give it a rest already. We get it. Smith is just a placeholder now for Mahomes. Root for the team to have success and know that better days are coming.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:56 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Be sure to post a thread when you want to start dating. You'll get the best advice. Nobody knows women better than chiefsplanet.com
[Reply]
penbrook 07:58 PM 08-14-2017
Be sure to post a thread when you want to start dating. You'll get the best advice. Nobody knows women better than chiefsplanet.com
Smash on the first date?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:58 PM 08-14-2017
Slayer Diablo wasn't this annoying, was he? My memory is a bit fuzzy. I know we all enjoyed giving him a hard time and that it escalated when "the picture" of him showed up, but I don't ever remember him refusing to embed tweets or just occasionally saying the most nonsensical weird crap from time to time.

Bearcat, you probably have a better memory. Does penbrook bear any resemblance to your brother?
Slayer and RoyIII, the youngest members that I can recall, weren't annoying.

Young? Yes. In Roy's case, virtually wrong about everything but not annoying.

GoChiefs circa 2003? Annoying.

Penbrook? More annoying than the other three combined, times 10.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:58 PM 08-14-2017
Smash on the first date?
Careful buddy. Don't want to get herpes like Usher
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:59 PM 08-14-2017
President of the Hair Club for Men
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:00 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
but there's a passive aggressive nature I'm picking up...

Maybe I'm just not reading it correctly :-)
I have a cautious optimism to QBs like Mahomes.

If that is wrong of me, then oh well, because that's how I feel. I don't really know Mahomes well enough to make grand predictions or character judgments. I just don't want him to turn into a Manziel-Kaepernick QB... which is something I'd expect all Chiefs fans to agree with.
[Reply]
penbrook 08:00 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Careful buddy. Don't want to get herpes like Usher
Or Aids like Magic
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:01 PM 08-14-2017
I really like smith and love mahomes' potential. The chiefs are in a wonderful position.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 08:06 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
I have a cautious optimism to QBs like Mahomes.

If that is wrong of me, then oh well, because that's how I feel. I don't really know Mahomes well enough to make grand predictions or character judgments. I just don't want him to turn into a Manziel-Kaepernick QB... which is something I'd expect all Chiefs fans to agree with.
Nothing wrong with that; obviously I don't want that scenario either...

I'm far from annointing the kid as a great, but the 2 you listed as potential failure comps don't resonate with me. Kap and manziel were morons that wasted their natural gifts...

I just don't see that in Mahomes
[Reply]
Page 436 of 2694
« First < 336386426432433434435436 4374384394404464865369361436 > Last »
Up