View Poll Results: Do you SCUBA Dive
Yes I SCUBA dive, seeing the other 70% of the world. 2 14.29%
No, I'm afraid of the water or things in it. 12 85.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season - hobbies
tx4chiefs 04:44 PM 06-15-2021
OK. In the Key West post, I saw a lot of SCUBA suggestions. So, how many guys (people) on this board SCUBA dive and what level of certification?

I'm PADI Divemaster, been diving about 21 years.
[Reply]
D.A.P. 04:48 PM 06-15-2021
I’m a 21st degree Black Belt.
[Reply]
wazu 04:54 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by D.A.P.:
I’m a 21st degree Black Belt.
22nd here.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:54 PM 06-15-2021
I mean, I live in Colorado. Being afraid of the water has nothing to do with it. :-)
[Reply]
TLO 04:56 PM 06-15-2021
I'm not afraid of the water, but have never had any interest in Scuba Diving.
[Reply]
wazu 05:01 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I mean, I live in Colorado. Being afraid of the water has nothing to do with it. :-)
Silence, you coward.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:03 PM 06-15-2021
I've been a Certified Muffdiver since age 14
[Reply]
Frazod 05:14 PM 06-15-2021
I saw Jaws in the theater when I was 10. Scared the shit out of me, and I had nightmares about sharks for weeks/months afterward. Never got over it. Hell, I don't even like to swim in any body of water where I don't know what else is in it. A fish, or snake, or something brushed against my leg when I was swimming in a small lake in Missouri once, and I shot out of the water so fast that I probably would have beaten Michael Phelps.

I was in the Navy, on a ship, and have been to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I can count on one hand the number of times I've swam in the ocean, and the last time was at Paradise Island in 1986.

So no, even if I wasn't old and fat (and a fairly crappy swimmer even when I was young and thin), I wouldn't even consider scuba diving.

Fuck. That.

And DAMN YOU SPIELBERG! :-)
[Reply]
Kman34 05:20 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I've been a Certified Muffdiver since age 14
Yes!! I can hold my breath a long time...
[Reply]
eDave 05:32 PM 06-15-2021
Never dove. My oldest brother did. Traveled the world with his TWA passes just to dive and sail.

I've only snorkeled in the Red Sea, which was amazing.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:41 PM 06-15-2021
fuck sharks
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:02 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I saw Jaws in the theater when I was 10. Scared the shit out of me, and I had nightmares about sharks for weeks/months afterward. Never got over it. Hell, I don't even like to swim in any body of water where I don't know what else is in it. A fish, or snake, or something brushed against my leg when I was swimming in a small lake in Missouri once, and I shot out of the water so fast that I probably would have beaten Michael Phelps.

I was in the Navy, on a ship, and have been to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I can count on one hand the number of times I've swam in the ocean, and the last time was at Paradise Island in 1986.

So no, even if I wasn't old and fat (and a fairly crappy swimmer even when I was young and thin), I wouldn't even consider scuba diving.

****. That.

And DAMN YOU SPIELBERG! :-)
I think you'd have a strong argument that Jaws may have had the greatest cultural influence of any movie of all time. I was too young to know how people viewed the ocean prior to Jaws but almost everyone I've ever met who reports to be afraid of the ocean cites Jaws or sharks in general (so basically, Jaws, whether they know it or not) as the reason why.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:03 PM 06-15-2021
My favorite hobby is magnets.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:05 PM 06-15-2021
Rare earth magnets?

Try drilling into one
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:07 PM 06-15-2021
Just magnets.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2