ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2778 of 3903
« First < 1778227826782728276827742775277627772778 277927802781278227882828287832783778 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
vonBobo 11:43 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Fauci can **** himself.....I will go ahead and begin hugging my parents again.
This is a communicable disease that is especially hard on the elderly. What does Fauci have to do with it?

You are choosing to put your parents in greater danger by bringing your germ babies around, this has nothing to do with Fauci.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:16 AM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Why are you angry at Dr. Fauci?
His refusal to acknowledge rioting would spread C-19 was pretty damning.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:27 AM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Our 18 month old has been in daycare the entire time as well.

We have had to wear masks in and the kids get their temp taken at the door, but no masks are required other than teachers within the facility.

No one there has had it to my knowledge.
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
On that note we have had the same experience , no one at the facility has gotten Covid. We drop the kiddos off, don't even get out of the car. They take his temp before he gets out of the car, ask us questions, etc. and off he goes.

When we pick him up same thing, they take his temp on the way out. Only the instructors have had to wear a mask.

So now suddenly my child has to wear a mask all day even when outside. That is where I can share some frustration not just with Fauci per say but people in general that thought it was okay for people to get out there and protest because "it was outside". Now suddenly that isn't quite the case for everyone else.
[Reply]
Donger 07:34 AM 08-05-2020
"Masks can help, but it's masks plus physical separation," Fauci said in an interview on "Good Morning America" Wednesday.

"When you get congregations like we saw with the demonstrations," he continued, "that's taking a risk."

Fauci said on "GMA" that the report "is certainly disturbing but is not surprising." He added that he "wouldn't be surprised" if some of the people who were there demonstrating were also infected.

"Many of them would then go back to where they were [from] because not everyone was demonstrating in the city where they live," he said. "So it's the kind of things that we were concerned about and, unfortunately, we're seeing it come true right now."
[Reply]
Donger 07:35 AM 08-05-2020
"Every time I hear about or see the congregation of large crowds at a time and geographic area where there is active infection transmission, it is a perfect set-up for the spread of the virus in the sense of creating these blips that might turn into some surges," Fauci said. "So I get very concerned."

"There certainly is a risk, I would say that with confidence, when you see the congregation of crowds," he said, "particularly in a situation where you have a lot of confusion and a little bit of chaos, people running back and forth, taking their masks off, being close in proximity, that does pose a risk."
[Reply]
loochy 08:44 AM 08-05-2020
It's hilarious how afraid he is to just say it outright. But he knows about the media and how they'll twist his words or grab sound bites. I kind of don't blame him.
[Reply]
Donger 08:50 AM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
It's hilarious how afraid he is to just say it outright. But he knows about the media and how they'll twist his words or grab sound bites. I kind of don't blame him.
He did say it outright. BCD was either ignorant with his false claim, or lying.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:51 AM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
I am 57 years old and visit my parents in a nearby town. They are 87 years old. I have not had contact with my mom or dad since March when this Covid began. My mom yesterday asked me to give her a hug and I told her no.....I was wearing a mask since i just returned from a vacation out of state. She cried. **** this bull shit. If I am 87 years old and cant hug my ****ing kids.......who gives a ****? My mom knows her days are numbered regardless and doesnt want this covid bullshit to ruin her interactions with her kids and grandkids.....I dont blame her at all......Fauci can fuck himself.....I will go ahead and begin hugging my parents again.
:-)
Fauci????????
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:01 AM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
"Every time I hear about or see the congregation of large crowds at a time and geographic area where there is active infection transmission, it is a perfect set-up for the spread of the virus in the sense of creating these blips that might turn into some surges," Fauci said. "So I get very concerned."

"There certainly is a risk, I would say that with confidence, when you see the congregation of crowds," he said, "particularly in a situation where you have a lot of confusion and a little bit of chaos, people running back and forth, taking their masks off, being close in proximity, that does pose a risk."
He was asked specifically about the riots by Jim Jordan and kept dodging the question. I won't post it here but it's easily found. Loochy obviously saw it as well.
[Reply]
Donger 09:03 AM 08-05-2020
He was asked specifically about the riots by Jim Jordan and kept dodging the question. I won't post it here but it's easily found.
That's nice. But as you can see, Fauci didn't refuse to acknowledge that the protests and riots would spread the virus, as you claimed. In fact, he did the exact opposite.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:07 AM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
That's nice. But as you can see, Fauci didn't refuse to acknowledge that the protests and riots would spread the virus, as you claimed. In fact, he did the exact opposite.
He still did a nice little dance is what you posted. He won't come out and say "The riots contributed to the spread of Covid" for whatever reason. It's always more generalizations about "large crowds ane gatherings" blah blah blah.

Go watch his exchange with JJ. It's very odd.
[Reply]
Donger 09:10 AM 08-05-2020
He still did a nice little dance is what you posted. He won't come out and say "The riots contributed to the spread of Covid" for whatever reason. It's always more generalizations about "large crowds ane gatherings" blah blah blah.

No, you're just wrong. He knows that any large gathering is a risk during a pandemic.

I don't care about his exchange with JJ. He clearly wants nothing to do with the politicization of this thing, despite the efforts of others to do just that.
[Reply]
sedated 09:15 AM 08-05-2020

Fauci has said repeatedly that he avoids getting political. He did the same thing when asked a question about Biden, refused to comment because it would be political.

A general "all gatherings run the risk of spreading covid" without commenting on a specific source of the gathering, is exactly what medical professionals should say. Doing more would be seen as taking a side.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:18 AM 08-05-2020

I suppose you expected him to list any and all actions that could contribute to the spread of covid?!

:-) GTFO

You're completely transparent on what you have a problem with and it has nothing to do with Covid.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:44 AM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Fauci has said repeatedly that he avoids getting political. He did the same thing when asked a question about Biden, refused to comment because it would be political.

A general "all gatherings run the risk of spreading covid" without commenting on a specific source of the gathering, is exactly what medical professionals should say. Doing more would be seen as taking a side.
Odd that a guy who has spent his entire career in the political arena wants to deny he wants to be involved in politics.
[Reply]
Page 2778 of 3903
« First < 1778227826782728276827742775277627772778 277927802781278227882828287832783778 > Last »
Up