ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2771 of 3903
« First < 1771227126712721276127672768276927702771 277227732774277527812821287132713771 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Eleazar 04:45 PM 08-03-2020

[Reply]
jdubya 04:45 PM 08-03-2020
Pete responsible for 150k deaths and the second wave? Dang Pete, you’ve been busy.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:47 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Pete responsible for 150k deaths and the second wave? Dang Pete, you’ve been busy.
I guess so....
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:54 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
It used to be that every village had an idiot, and everyone in the village knew who their idiot was and nobody paid any attention to them. Now that we have social media, the village idiots' voices are amplified instead of being marginalized. Now they can all find each other and feed off each other, and before long even rational people have been so submerged in the nonsense the village idiots are spreading that they don't know what to believe. That's how minimally obtrusive common sense precautions like wearing any sort of face covering became about muh freedums instead of just being common sense.

That's one reason why around Europe this is all pretty much over, but we're still mired in it. People there were willing to self-regulate and they have at least the first wave put to bed now.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:57 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
It used to be that every village had an idiot, and everyone in the village knew who their idiot was and nobody paid any attention to them. Now that we have social media, the village idiots' voices are amplified instead of being marginalized. Now they can all find each other and feed off each other, and before long even rational people have been so submerged in the nonsense the village idiots are spreading that they don't know what to believe. That's how minimally obtrusive common sense precautions like wearing any sort of face covering became about muh freedums instead of just being common sense.

That's one reason why around Europe this is all pretty much over, but we're still mired in it. People there were willing to self-regulate and they have at least the first wave put to bed now.
And of course there have always been self righteous, insecure twats such as yourself......
[Reply]
RunKC 05:08 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
do you still think it was dumb to have her wear a mask
Honestly we didn’t even know the lady was sick. We were requested to wear masks bc of another couple who left today to go visit their grandmother with cancer.

I’m glad that worked out the way it did though. My wife and I were both pissed that people knew that lady was sick and didn’t keep her properly distanced from people.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:13 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Honestly we didn’t even know the lady was sick. We were requested to wear masks bc of another couple who left today to go visit their grandmother with cancer.

I’m glad that worked out the way it did though. My wife and I were both pissed that people knew that lady was sick and didn’t keep her properly distanced from people.
Yeah, that's the shit part there. If people knew she was sick or not feeling well then keep her distanced.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:25 PM 08-03-2020

CPDC village.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:33 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
CPDC village.
You would be a part of that along with your boyfriend.....
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:35 PM 08-03-2020
CPDC village.
I'm not getting political, he's the same in threads covid, football, and everything else. No refs we can blame covid on though :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 05:36 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You would be a part of that along with your boyfriend.....
Don't count me a part of that place. I just stop by for the :-). Probably haven't posted 10 times in the last month.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:41 PM 08-03-2020
Don't count me a part of that place. I just stop by for the :-). Probably haven't posted 10 times in the last month.
Riighhhhtttt.....
[Reply]
O.city 05:46 PM 08-03-2020
He's right. You're here trafficking in nonsense on a subject you know nothing about, and this kind of thing is why we're having a second wave and why people won't take common sense precautions.
To be fair we aren’t having a second wave

It’s still the first wave it’s just hitting in different areas at different times
[Reply]
O.city 05:47 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
The US was just built on rebellion. If their government told them to wear masks, they'd do it.

And as I said earlier, this is a sticky point but it's a heck of a lot easier to say "F it" when if you get this thing your hospital bill won't be that bad. It's just a much different system there. Here if you go to the hospital you're going to rack up bills. There you're going to be out what, 100 bucks?

They're also a much smaller country. Herd immunity is going to be way easier to pull off there, if you really thought that was the strategy. If it's true that you only need to reach 20% of people getting it due to antibodies, that's like 2 million people there. For here in the US that's like 70 million people. That's a lot of deaths and a lot more time to get there.

And that doesn't even get into dirk's point that everyone there has like 5 weeks mandatory holiday time.
According to recent research and the cdc, were likely already close to or above 70 million infections here
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:49 PM 08-03-2020
We know you typed that from under your maga hat, trumppy :-)
[Reply]
Page 2771 of 3903
« First < 1771227126712721276127672768276927702771 277227732774277527812821287132713771 > Last »
Up