ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2765 of 3903
« First < 1765226526652715275527612762276327642765 276627672768276927752815286532653765 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 03:14 PM 08-02-2020
Switzerland is having some issues with a new outbreak, they just came out and said the majority of spread is at home, not much in public and minuscule amounts in schools
[Reply]
petegz28 03:36 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Switzerland is having some issues with a new outbreak, they just came out and said the majority of spread is at home, not much in public and minuscule amounts in schools
I'm not real sure what people expected? Places across the world locked down, curves were flattened, case spread was slowed, etc., etc.

The one, tiny little thing that didn't happen is the virus never actually went away.

So naturally when places that thought they had it under control start to re-open, even if slower or more cautiously than other places, many are starting to see a resurgence in cases.

Might be because the virus never actually went away and it doesn't take a whole lot to spread it to begin with.

Just a hunch.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:45 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I'm not real sure what people expected? Places across the world locked down, curves were flattened, case spread was slowed, etc., etc.

The one, tiny little thing that didn't happen is the virus never actually went away.

So naturally when places that thought they had it under control start to re-open, even if slower or more cautiously than other places, many are starting to see a resurgence in cases.

Might be because the virus never actually went away and it doesn't take a whole lot to spread it to begin with.

Just a hunch.
Cant change the rate only the date.
[Reply]
O.city 03:50 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Can change the rate only the date.
Every day you push it back is that much closer to vaccines and therapeutics.

Look how much it all helped these other states woth their death rates Already.

Every day out is that much More knowledge about it
[Reply]
O.city 03:51 PM 08-02-2020

Just a hunch.
Well you can put out small outbreaks. Small embers can be smothered out.

If you get the cases down low enough that is
[Reply]
Donger 04:06 PM 08-02-2020
:-)

Thirty-six crew members have tested positive for COVID-19 onboard Hurtigruten's MS Roald Amundsen, currently docked in Tromsø, Norway, according to a statement provided by line spokesperson Øystein Knoph.

But the virus might not have been contained onboard. Potentially impacted passengers from two separate voyages had already disembarked a cruise on July 24 and the last cruise on Friday, leaving ample time for passengers to begin their voyages home and potentially spread the virus.

The cruise line has contacted passengers who had been on the MS Roald Amundsen for its July 17 and July 24 departures. There were 209 guests on the first voyage and 178 guests on the second voyage, though the ship holds between 530 and 600 passengers, according to CruiseMapper. All have been asked to self-quarantine in accordance with Norwegian regulations, according to the cruise line.

Most of the crew remained on board for both voyages, Rune Thomas Ege, Hurtigruten's vice president of global communications, told USA TODAY.

"We are now focusing all available efforts in taking care of our guests and colleagues," Ege said in the release. "We work closely with the Norwegian national and local health authorities for follow-up, information, further testing, and infection tracking."
[Reply]
TLO 04:39 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
:-)

Thirty-six crew members have tested positive for COVID-19 onboard Hurtigruten's MS Roald Amundsen, currently docked in Tromsø, Norway, according to a statement provided by line spokesperson Øystein Knoph.

But the virus might not have been contained onboard. Potentially impacted passengers from two separate voyages had already disembarked a cruise on July 24 and the last cruise on Friday, leaving ample time for passengers to begin their voyages home and potentially spread the virus.

The cruise line has contacted passengers who had been on the MS Roald Amundsen for its July 17 and July 24 departures. There were 209 guests on the first voyage and 178 guests on the second voyage, though the ship holds between 530 and 600 passengers, according to CruiseMapper. All have been asked to self-quarantine in accordance with Norwegian regulations, according to the cruise line.

Most of the crew remained on board for both voyages, Rune Thomas Ege, Hurtigruten's vice president of global communications, told USA TODAY.

"We are now focusing all available efforts in taking care of our guests and colleagues," Ege said in the release. "We work closely with the Norwegian national and local health authorities for follow-up, information, further testing, and infection tracking."
I didn't realize there were still cruises going on..
[Reply]
O.city 04:45 PM 08-02-2020
I think some of the stuff has gone too far but yeah I ain’t getting on a floating petrino dish anytime soon
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:08 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Ok but then you say;

So which one is it?
There were some that were backlogged but they weren't that many per day to explain the 1500+ daily numbers. Just like they weren't saving them up and dumping them all in one day.
[Reply]
TLO 07:05 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
There were some that were backlogged but they weren't that many per day to explain the 1500+ daily numbers. Just like they weren't saving them up and dumping them all in one day.
I'll agree to disagree. I think the amount backlogged was definitely fueling the +1500 days. But truthfully neither one of us can prove it one way or the other so I respect your opinion and we'll keep an eye on numbers this week.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:11 PM 08-02-2020
Today was a good say on balance. Compared to last Sunday. About 7k less cases and only 5 more deaths compared to last Sunday.

This week had a lot of "peak" written all over it. Lets hope that's the case.
[Reply]
TLO 07:12 PM 08-02-2020
Something I was pondering on a little while ago.

The 7 day rolling average for MO positives has increased quite a bit. We're at like 10.2% as a state. However I have 2 questions regarding this.

1. If the DHSS was backed up with cases, wouldn't that have an impact on the 7 day average? They're entering in a lot of positives that may not be reflected in real time

2. It has been noted that the community testing events in Missouri have all but stopped. I wonder if this also has an impact on positivity rate?
[Reply]
TLO 07:15 PM 08-02-2020
Today was a good say on balance. Compared to last Sunday. About 7k less cases and only 5 more deaths compared to last Sunday.

This week had a lot of "peak" written all over it. Lets hope that's the case.
I've read in various places that we've hit the peak and should start seeing a steady decline in the next week or two.

Now we just need to avoid this thing moving north and causing more giant blow ups.
[Reply]
O.city 07:26 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I've read in various places that we've hit the peak and should start seeing a steady decline in the next week or two.

Now we just need to avoid this thing moving north and causing more giant blow ups.
I’m hopeful we don’t but it’s looking like everywhere is gonna get it til it gets to a certain percent

I don’t know if there’s any way to keep it from happening
[Reply]
BossChief 07:31 PM 08-02-2020
Let’s just hope that it’s extremely rare to get it twice and we keep learning new ways to fight it and keep people from dying.
[Reply]
Page 2765 of 3903
« First < 1765226526652715275527612762276327642765 276627672768276927752815286532653765 > Last »
Up