ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2751 of 3903
« First < 1751225126512701274127472748274927502751 275227532754275527612801285132513751 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 03:36 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The problem with comparing the US as a whole to most other single countries is that it’s inherently flawed based on size both geographically and population. Then there is of course the idea that there is no way to say any one country is going to be better off long term than the others. It’s way too uncertain for any country to be spiking the football.
I agree with that and in regard to Vietnam they are a communist country, so it is easier to do some of the measures they have taken.

But we can learn from them, such as being super aggressive when an outbreak occurs. But all we do is throw up our hands and maybe do half assed measures if we are lucky.
[Reply]
Donger 03:37 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Yikes...
[Reply]
stumppy 03:37 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
What on Earth is going on in Missouri?
Too many freedummies.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:37 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
What on Earth is going on in Missouri?
No comment

TLO did say that they caught up in their backlog so that is probably what you are seeing.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:42 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Do you understand the idea that something can provide a significant improvement and can significantly slow spread and thus would provide a large public benefit, even if it is not as protective as a hazmat suit?
Too many who don’t understand basic PPE just talk in absolutes in this thread.

Which is ridiculous and for some reason a hard concept for many. Not sure why.
[Reply]
sedated 03:49 PM 07-30-2020
I'm not sure of the goggles thing, seems kind of like overkill (assuming everyone is wearing a mask, which is rare).

I've noticed a phenomenon where people will wear a mask, but as soon as they start talking they take their mask down. WTF? I saw it 3 different times yesterday alone.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:25 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I'm not sure of the goggles thing, seems kind of like overkill (assuming everyone is wearing a mask, which is rare).

I've noticed a phenomenon where people will wear a mask, but as soon as they start talking they take their mask down. WTF? I saw it 3 different times yesterday alone.
I went into a fast-food restaurant last week to pick up some food, and there were seven people in the place counting me. I was pleased to see that every single person was wearing a mask, and it was only the security guard who wasn't wearing it properly. I gave him a break, though, because there was no one near him and he pulled it under nose until someone approached.

But the funny thing is that two customers went up to the counter and then pulled their masks down to order. Then when the order was placed, they pulled their masks back up and waited. It's pretty much the worst thing to do in that situation.
[Reply]
O.city 04:33 PM 07-30-2020
https://twitter.com/jpogue1/status/1...261328902?s=21

Here’s a good tweet breakdown for anyone interested
[Reply]
Donger 04:38 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://twitter.com/jpogue1/status/1...261328902?s=21

Here’s a good tweet breakdown for anyone interested
Yes, but did they test it with DEMON SPERM?
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:38 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
No comment

TLO did say that they caught up in their backlog so that is probably what you are seeing.
So the numbers should be dramatically lower starting tomorrow, right?

The backlog BS is just that IMO...
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:40 PM 07-30-2020
That hunger is already stalking Haboue Solange Boue, an infant who has lost half her former body weight of 5.5 pounds (2.5 kilograms) in the last month. With the markets closed because of coronavirus restrictions, her family sold fewer vegetables. Her mother is too malnourished to nurse her.

“My child,” Danssanin Lanizou whispers, choking back tears as she unwraps a blanket to reveal her baby’s protruding ribs. The infant whimpers soundlessly.

Further, more than 550,000 additional children each month are being struck by what is called wasting, according to the U.N. — malnutrition that manifests in spindly limbs and distended bellies. Over a year, that’s up 6.7 million from last year’s total of 47 million. Wasting and stunting can permanently damage children physically and mentally, transforming individual tragedies into a generational catastrophe.

https://apnews.com/5cbee9693c52728a3808f4e7b4965cbd

They asked Fauci if he considered 2nd order effects from the policies and he said no.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:43 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
An update from DHSS for those watching Missouri numbers.

�� This month, we have been experiencing an increase in both testing and positive cases. The increase, along with testing delays at national laboratories, has caused a backlog of data processing and entry at the state level. Today’s record increase, and the record high numbers for the last ten days, is because our data entry staff has worked diligently to clear the backlog and today’s update will be the last with additional cases. Tomorrow’s update will be current with only new cases reported in the last 24 hours.

�� What does this mean?
- This situation DOES cause a delay in reporting data related to new cases on a statewide level.
- This situation DOES mean we will continue to see to see daily reports of new cases similar to today’s until there is no backlog.
- This situation DOES NOT delay the reporting of positive results from labs to patients.
- This situation DOES NOT delay the reporting of positive results from DHSS to local public health agencies for contact tracing.
This contradicted itself.

The backlog is cleared, tomorrow will only be from the past 24 hours, we will continue to see numbers similar to today's until the backlog is cleared.

And like I said yesterday the kshb covid tracker compiles the data from the health dept's themselves.

Their numbers aren't THAT far off from the state numbers (which I don't pay any attention to anymore).

IMO they are lying.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:44 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
That hunger is already stalking Haboue Solange Boue, an infant who has lost half her former body weight of 5.5 pounds (2.5 kilograms) in the last month. With the markets closed because of coronavirus restrictions, her family sold fewer vegetables. Her mother is too malnourished to nurse her.

“My child,” Danssanin Lanizou whispers, choking back tears as she unwraps a blanket to reveal her baby’s protruding ribs. The infant whimpers soundlessly.

Further, more than 550,000 additional children each month are being struck by what is called wasting, according to the U.N. — malnutrition that manifests in spindly limbs and distended bellies. Over a year, that’s up 6.7 million from last year’s total of 47 million. Wasting and stunting can permanently damage children physically and mentally, transforming individual tragedies into a generational catastrophe.

They asked Fauci if he considered 2nd order effects from the policies and he said no.
That isn't even in the US...

WTF?
[Reply]
Donger 04:46 PM 07-30-2020

You don't have any shame, do you.
[Reply]
stumppy 04:51 PM 07-30-2020

Hey Dumbfuck, what's Fauci have to do with the article you posted?
[Reply]
Page 2751 of 3903
« First < 1751225126512701274127472748274927502751 275227532754275527612801285132513751 > Last »
Up