ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 374 of 378
« First < 274324364370371372373374 375376377378 >
The Dumbass Lounge>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
BWillie 11:47 AM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Started out today with 4 pars, hittting everything, drives and irons perfect. Then hit the drive on the 5th hole to right and it bounced into some crap. Take an unplayable, tree in the way, hit a 7 down to left side of the fairway about 90 yards from the green, it's the longest par 4 on the course. Then I hit a shit shot into a bunker in front, and end up with a 7. I noticed on the dash it's 98 degrees. It was downhill from there, on the back nine it hit 100 degrees. I ended up with a two 43's. It's the hottest day I've played golf in the 9 years I've been back in Florida, I never see a 100 degrees here ever.
Yikes. 100 degrees in Florida has to be miserable because of the humidity. That is almost dangerous if you aren't prepared with water every other hole.

I'm pretty excited. It's going to be upper 70's here in KC for the next 5 days. In August. So strange. I'll take it.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:08 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I've always struggled with early extension, saw this video and it clicked. I'm striping the ball now.


Focus on keeping your wrist angle on the way down from the ball. This will also help keep your body and right arm from extending towards the ball. At least was the key with me. I have a very arms one plane swing but it's still important to maintain the wrist angle because it leads to me unknowingly going towards the ball.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:37 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Focus on keeping your wrist angle on the way down from the ball. This will also help keep your body and right arm from extending towards the ball. At least was the key with me. I have a very arms one plane swing but it's still important to maintain the wrist angle because it leads to me unknowingly going towards the ball.
Those video breakdowns are cool but if I try and get to technical Itís over , just hit the damn ball is my motto.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:09 PM 08-05-2020
So I've been contemplating this for quite a while, and my awesome wife recently gave me the green light for a full bag fitting. I scheduled a fitting 3 weeks ago and tomorrow is the day. The fitter I have chosen is Golf MD, a highly regarded fitter in the KC Metro. I am really excited about this.
[Reply]
RockChalk 02:22 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
So I've been contemplating this for quite a while, and my awesome wife recently gave me the green light for a full bag fitting. I scheduled a fitting 3 weeks ago and tomorrow is the day. The fitter I have chosen is Golf MD, a highly regarded fitter in the KC Metro. I am really excited about this.
Yep, you told us the exact same thing on July 17, haha. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 02:59 PM 08-05-2020
My little gift to myself is arriving on Monday. G62 Garmin Approach golf watch. Now I don't have to keep score or track my distances myself. It's supposed to have a virtual caddy that will eventually even account for wind, distance, elevation change and suggest a club.

https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/ga...120343001.html


[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:08 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
My little gift to myself is arriving on Monday. G62 Garmin Approach golf watch. Now I don't have to keep score or track my distances myself. It's supposed to have a virtual caddy that will eventually even account for wind, distance, elevation change and suggest a club.

https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/ga...120343001.html

Very cool. I've been contemplating getting something like this for awhile. Might take the plunge on this one.
[Reply]
O.city 08:13 AM 08-06-2020
7 majors in the next 11 months. Gonna be fun.
[Reply]
Dartgod 05:24 PM 08-06-2020
My fitting went well today. Learned a few things and think he got me pretty dialed in. There's a 3 week turnaround time, here's what I have coming.

Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-AW, Fujikura Pro Iron 75R
FW: Callaway Mavrik 3W, Accra FX 2.0 160 M4
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2.0 54/58, TT Dynamic Gold 115
Driver: Reshafted my Taylormade M2, Fujikura Pro 2.0 5S
Keeping my Taylormade M1 5W as is
[Reply]
scho63 07:18 PM 08-06-2020
I've been fortunate enough to have played Harding Park 3-4 times when I live in San Fran and Silicon Valley. Great track, always in excellent shape and only complaint is if you play early morning, you have a HUGE chance of playing in fog. I did once and about the first 7 holes I had no idea where I was aiming for, where I was hitting to or see my ball past about 20 yards. Front nine sucked.

Likelihood you might hear the animals from San Francisco Zoo across the highway.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:20 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
My fitting went well today. Learned a few things and think he got me pretty dialed in. There's a 3 week turnaround time, here's what I have coming.

Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-AW, Fujikura Pro Iron 75R
FW: Callaway Mavrik 3W, Accra FX 2.0 160 M4
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2.0 54/58, TT Dynamic Gold 115
Driver: Reshafted my Taylormade M2, Fujikura Pro 2.0 5S
Keeping my Taylormade M1 5W as is
Enjoy the new sticks man.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:39 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Enjoy the new sticks man.
Heh, no excuse for sucking now.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:42 PM 08-06-2020
It's not the arrow, it's the Indian
[Reply]
Monticore 09:29 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Heh, no excuse for sucking now.
Of course there is , wind , bad lies , noise in your back swing etc..

Bottom line bad shots are never your fault , having that type of mentality will do wonders to your game.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:44 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
My fitting went well today. Learned a few things and think he got me pretty dialed in. There's a 3 week turnaround time, here's what I have coming.

Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-AW, Fujikura Pro Iron 75R
FW: Callaway Mavrik 3W, Accra FX 2.0 160 M4
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2.0 54/58, TT Dynamic Gold 115
Driver: Reshafted my Taylormade M2, Fujikura Pro 2.0 5S
Keeping my Taylormade M1 5W as is
Thats alot of coin! Once Bitcoin hits 12,000 I'm gonna buy some PXG 0311 Gen3s. See if it makes any difference than my 16 yr old irons.
[Reply]
Page 374 of 378
« First < 274324364370371372373374 375376377378 >
Up