ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 460
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
KCTitus 05:15 PM 06-15-2008
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I think golfers make a little too much out of noise, but a sudden sound during the swing, at their level of concentration, is probably very distracting.

However, standing up and waving your hands in a blatant attempt to distract the player is just being an as*hole.
oh, I would agree...but 54 hole leading tiger see's no such arm waving...if so, the USGA would give him a free throw.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:24 PM 06-15-2008
After watching Westwood hit it left, I just knew Tiger was going to hit it left. Dammit.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:32 PM 06-15-2008
I think that poor decision just cost Tiger the tournament. If he makes another bad choice like that, he has no chance. Where the hell was Steve Williams after Westwood hit it left?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:32 PM 06-15-2008
C'mon Rock, kill that sonofabitch.
[Reply]
Logical 05:35 PM 06-15-2008
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
it wouldnt be fun otherwise...make fun of me all you want...
Besides he has lots of practice, he is after all a Chiefs fan.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:46 PM 06-15-2008
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
LOL...hater? argumentative? World Peace? are you kidding me?

that's too funny...yeah, he is the best player, by far. So far it's a f'ing joke. So much of a joke that it's comical to watch the announcers and fans slobber that knob.

Im not a hater, Im just tired of the incessant non-stop glorificiation of someone who's proven that he's an entire class above all the others.

I think maybe I need to start a tournament where a highschooler beats the crap out of 9 year olds, over and over and over and over and over and over again...then when Im acting the ass about his win, and someone says 'dude this is BS' I can act like you.
Word.

I get tired of people slobbing over the Ivan Drago of golf. Yeah he's the best, yeah he's a machine. It doesn't mean that he's the second coming, despite Earl Woods' psychotic machinations, it also doesn't mean that we should lionize his dad as some kind of great man just because he happened to hit the genetic lottery.

How much of a difference is there between what Earl Woods did and any number of other stage fathers? Just because his kid was innately mentally tough and otherwordly talented doesn't mean that his teachings were anything to be duplicated or even admired.

Yes Tiger is by far the best, he's also had some unbelievable breaks that have more than made up for any harm his knee has done.

There really is no difference between a putt that dies in the middle of the hole from 70 feet and one that goes 17 inches past. It is imperceptibly small.

Honestly, Tiger is on a Jamie Gold-like run so far, from his tee shot and putt on 13 yesterday, to the lie next to the cart path, to the chip-in on 17, to him hitting everything he looked at from 20+ feet on friday.

Now that doesn't discount from the toughness that he's shown this week, but let's get real, this isn't MJ's flu game, and it isn't Jack Youngblood playing with a broken leg. Hell, no one ever made a big deal about any of the numerous tournaments that dozens of golfers played where they needed an hour plus of PT afterwards because their backs were shot.

He's a superhuman golfer, but he's not the Messiah. It's a difference NBC and CBS have never seemed to be able to reconcile.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:46 PM 06-15-2008
I get nervous watching a pro tap in a two-footer, no wonder I can't make a putt to save my life.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:51 PM 06-15-2008
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
but let's get real, this isn't MJ's flu game
Please, eff the flu game. I have played pickup basketball and sand-lot football with effing pneumonia. MJ with the flu, give me a break.

and it isn't Jack Youngblood playing with a broken leg.
Yeah, I will definately agree with that one. Or even TD's migraine in the SuperBowl.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:53 PM 06-15-2008
On an unrelated topic, I bought a set of Ping I5's and an Odyssey White Hot XG #9 today at a local golf store in CoMo.

I'll be selling some of my spare sets of clubs. I have four, Ping I3's, Eye 2's, some Old Hogan blades, and a set of Cleveland VAS garden tools that Pavin used to win the Open.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:54 PM 06-15-2008
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Please, eff the flu game. I have played pickup basketball and sand-lot football with effing pneumonia. MJ with the flu, give me a break.

Yeah, I will definately agree with that one. Or even TD's migraine in the SuperBowl.
What about Shawn Michaels wrestling with two crushed discs at Wrestlemania 14 :-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:58 PM 06-15-2008
That bald guy behind Tiger when he hit that approach was f*cking HAMMERED :-)
[Reply]
007 05:59 PM 06-15-2008
That bald guy behind Tiger when he hit that approach was f*cking HAMMERED :-)
Heh, he was easily excited there.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:01 PM 06-15-2008
Miller, so when this Tiger misses a fairway half the time this week, it doesn't equate to the real Tiger who misses a fairway 45% of the time?
[Reply]
007 06:03 PM 06-15-2008
Miller, so when this Tiger misses a fairway half the time this week, it doesn't equate to the real Tiger who misses a fairway 45% of the time?
I laughed at that. Tiger drives away from the fairway often. Even on his best days he is hitting out of the rough a ton.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:03 PM 06-15-2008
What about Shawn Michaels wrestling with two crushed discs at Wrestlemania 14 :-)
Some of those sports entertainment wrestlers are just insane for performing with some of the injuries they have.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 460
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up