Page 5 of 38
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Hall of Classics>CUT RICH SCANLON NOW!
Ultra Peanut 11:06 AM 12-06-2004
Or I'm selling off my season tickets!
[Reply]
ROYC75 12:30 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Like I said, almost making special teams tackles isnt a coachable skill...

For Scanlon to whiff like Mitchell, he'd actually have to make it on the field during a snap...
Only on ST's plays..... They don't let him on the field, maybe he needs to take his diapers off too ?
[Reply]
SPchief 12:35 PM 12-06-2004
who is this scanlon guy you refer to??? :-)
[Reply]
KCTitus 12:35 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Only on ST's plays..... They don't let him on the field, maybe he needs to take his diapers off too ?
Dunno...maybe he's just not as a talented as those on the field.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 12:36 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by SPchief:
who is this scanlon guy you refer to??? :-)
THAT'S grounds for banning. :-)
[Reply]
Ultra Peanut 12:37 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by SDChiefsfan:
THAT'S grounds for banning. :-)
Yeah... along the lines of, "Who's Ronnie Cruz?"
[Reply]
ROYC75 12:39 PM 12-06-2004
Dunno...maybe he's just not as a talented as those on the field.

That may well be, but IMHO, I feel he is much better than Mitchell.

Bottom line is he isn't going to get the chance this year toprove it. The only thing he has proved is he has enough talent and skills to either be on the team or on the practice squad. It's off to NFLE and see what next year brings.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 12:41 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
That may well be, but IMHO, I feel he is much better than Mitchell.

Bottom line is he isn't going to get the chance this year toprove it. The only thing he has proved is he has enough talent and skills to either be on the team or on the practice squad. It's off to NFLE and see what next year brings.
First Jesse Haynes and Pat Barnes, now....Rich Scanlon. :-)
[Reply]
KCTitus 12:43 PM 12-06-2004
First Jesse Haynes and Pat Barnes, now....Rich Scanlon. :-)
Let's not forget Brian Shay or Ted White...
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 12:45 PM 12-06-2004
Let's not forget Brian Shay or Ted White...
Forgive me.... :-)

We shouldn't be so cynical; afterall, Kurt Warner, and none other than R Kal Trulock also played there.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:47 PM 12-06-2004
It should be mentioned that Mitchell is making great progress.

Last year - Ran around randomly on the field.

This year, Weeks 1-3 - Ran around randomly on the field, and occasionally hit someone.

This year, Weeks 4-6 - Ran around randomly on the field, and occasionally hit someone on the other team.

This year, Weeks 7-9 - Ran toward ball carrier, and hit his blockers.

This year, Weeks 10-12 - Ran toward ball carrier, and missed tackles on the ball carrier.

I can hardly wait for Weeks 13-15.
[Reply]
KCTitus 12:47 PM 12-06-2004
Forgive me.... :-)

We shouldn't be so cynical; afterall, Kurt Warner, and none other than R Kal Trulock also played there.
As did Dante Hall...
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 12:48 PM 12-06-2004
As did Dante Hall...
Good point! :-)

Count me on the Scanlon bandwagon! Woooooo-hoooooooo! :-)
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:01 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by ENDelt260:
Actually, what it boils down to is you picking some random scrub during preseason and declaring him our savior.

I doubt most on here had any significant opinion on Scanlon whatsoever prior to realizing it was fun to poke fun at you for yours.
Hey, I can have fun with it and understand the circumstances. III gets riled up and is ready to charge, BTA, he's just a pup.

As to some of the other comments about Haynes, Shay, White, etc..... I was never on those to start with.

The only reason I was on the Scanlon bandwagon was because he me more ability in 3 preseason games than Mitchell showed lasy year. We all knew MLB position was and still is a problem.

BTW, the only other player I have ever backed in this fashion was back when everybody wanted to can Dante Hall. So this is unusual for me to speak of, jumping on some player out of nowhere.

The funny part I was having some fun with this at first, but then everybody wanted to cry over it, so Ipoured it on more. Watching a bunch of internet babies whine and cry is damn near priceless to an old man like me.

Some have taken it personal, LOL, which I find funny as hell. Some have gotten vulgar and rude, which to many I have had a good laugh over. The hardest part was try'n to be civil about it.

But, again, we suck at MLB, we need somebody better than Mitchell, that's all this is about. I'm all for giving anybody we have a chance because Mitchell isn't getting the job done.
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:01 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It should be mentioned that Mitchell is making great progress.

Last year - Ran around randomly on the field.

This year, Weeks 1-3 - Ran around randomly on the field, and occasionally hit someone.

This year, Weeks 4-6 - Ran around randomly on the field, and occasionally hit someone on the other team.

This year, Weeks 7-9 - Ran toward ball carrier, and hit his blockers.

This year, Weeks 10-12 - Ran toward ball carrier, and missed tackles on the ball carrier.

I can hardly wait for Weeks 13-15.

:-) Funny but true ! :-)
[Reply]
royr17 01:05 PM 12-06-2004
Saul Scanlon can be better than Beisel if given the chance, Scanlon has a potential, you wanna know what i like about Beisel though, is that he is a team player, he's gone from DE, to MLB, to OLB, to MLB, and than back to OLB, he'll do whatever you tell him do and thats a attitude like to see in a player.

Mitchell is a tweener in the middle, Scanlon is a pure middle linebacker cause he played his whole career in the middle at Syracuse.

The guy is gonna be good if he's given the chance, thats all I have to say. Oh and on another note Beisel isnt as fast as Scanlon.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 38
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up