ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 791
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243643 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
RunKC 04:04 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Browns as a potential “feel good” story didn’t last a second for me.

After hiring Dorsey, drafting the douche Mayfield, and signing Hunt, I REALLY want them to fail.
Yeah unfortunately Mayfield is a good QB but goddamn is he a sonofabitch. That guy needs to be humbled very badly.

Wouldn’t worry too much about the Browns. Dorsey has already made poor financial decisions. Once Baker and Garrett get paid they won’t be the same.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:07 PM 03-06-2019
I loved Dorsey and Hunt both so I’m bitter.

And I ****ing hate Mayfield more than I’ve ever hated a young QB.
I love Mayfield more than any young QB ever...after Mahomes. :-)

it's not even close, but short of having Patrick, I'd take Baker over anybody. I love the kid, love his cocky attitude, he's fucking funny.

I think there will be a lot of KC/Cleveland play-off games in the very near future.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 04:08 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Am I missing something? I'm not sure why you don't like Mayfield, maybe I missed it at some point?
Why is it surprising? Lots of people dislike Mayfield, he’s a big personality.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:10 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
Why is it surprising? Lots of people dislike Mayfield, he’s a big personality.
I think it's great. He WANTS you to hate him. His teammates love him, that's all he cares about.

He's real damned good, and going to get better. Dorsey knocked it out of the park with that pick.
[Reply]
O.city 04:11 PM 03-06-2019
No you didn’t miss anything I just think he’s a douchebag. The fact that I expected him to bust and he had a good rookie year doesn’t help either.

I still don’t think he’ll be what people expect now though. There’s expectations now and I don’t think he’ll respond well to adversity and criticism.
Ah, ok. Thought it was flying over my head or something.

I could see how he could rub someone the wrong way I suppose. I think it actually helps him seeing as he's in Cleveland and it's a normal dumpster fire.
[Reply]
O.city 04:12 PM 03-06-2019

Since others wont, I will.

Basically the rumor that's out there, with many different variations is a Kevin Zeitler and draft picks plus another player for Odell Beckam.

I cannot stress enough that that is a rumor, and not currently coming from any known credible source

— Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) March 6, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 04:13 PM 03-06-2019
Baker pays attention to what the media says and lets it get under his skin WAY too much. The second he faces some adversity and the media criticizes him he will make an ass of himself. Just wait.

I know he had a good rookie year, but people really need to pump the brakes on this kid. He’s absolutely nowhere near Mahomes.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 04:13 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think it's great. He WANTS you to hate him. His teammates love him, that's all he cares about.

He's real damned good, and going to get better. Dorsey knocked it out of the park with that pick.
Agreed, and I thought so at the time as well. Couldn’t believe how “shocked” people were that Mayfield went 1st.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:14 PM 03-06-2019
Browns trying to be the Chiefs.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 04:16 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Browns trying to be the Chiefs.
Dorsey’s like a jilted ex tryna turn his new girlfriend into his old one.
[Reply]
O.city 04:17 PM 03-06-2019
Baker pays attention to what the media says and lets it get under his skin WAY too much. The second he faces some adversity and the media criticizes him he will make an ass of himself. Just wait.

I know he had a good rookie year, but people really need to pump the brakes on this kid. He’s absolutely nowhere near Mahomes.
He's pretty good man. From the pocket, I think he's more accurate than Pat. If he can keep his shit together he'll be really good for a long time.

As long as it's outside the locker room I think it'll be ok.
[Reply]
-King- 04:21 PM 03-06-2019

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 04:23 PM 03-06-2019
He's pretty good man. From the pocket, I think he's more accurate than Pat. If he can keep his shit together he'll be really good for a long time.

I’m still a little skeptical. We shall see.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:25 PM 03-06-2019
Browns should have one hell of an offense if they had Mayfield, Landry, Beckham, Njoku, Chubb and Hunt.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:27 PM 03-06-2019

all the talk about off the field issues is way overblown. I mean, he got caught drinking while under age and tried to run.

None of y'all did that, huh? :-) Come on.

And I laughed my ass off when I saw the video. Wouldn't have bothered me at all if I was a GM. I'd have given him a hard time about it and laughed.

As for adversity? The kid walked on at TT. Transferred to OU and killed it. He's earned it every step, he's not some prima donna.

Everything he says and does is with a wink and a grin. He thrives on the opposition hating him, he loves it.

I think he's great. He's going to turn that franchise around, and fast. I'll bet they're a play-off team this year.
[Reply]
Page 143 of 791
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243643 > Last »
Up