ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid isnt the coach we need.
Reerun_KC 06:32 PM 12-07-2014
CP loves to treat the symptom while at times ignoring the disease.

Since everyone wants to be cool and bash the lame ass QB we have, we might want to look just a little deeper and discuss the HC that hand selected him to be the QB of this team.

We aren't going anywhere with Reid's preparations and game plans. His play calling is pathetic and predictable. His tendency's to remove the WRs from the game plan is inexcusable.

Until we get rid of Reid, we are stuck with Smith...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:25 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Darnold was your love-child and if he was ANYTHING like the guy you thought he was, he'd have never been available. You just let backwards thinking cloud your judgment on Mahomes.
Because I went full retard on pocket passers.

Given NFL history, the likelihood of one of them panning out was greater than a once-in-a-generation unicorn coming along.

Can you really blame me?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:29 AM 09-17-2020
You absolutely WERE an Andy Reid critic and one of his loudest ones.

And you were making the same nonsensical arguments then that you're trying to make now. You're assigning 'flaws' to the guy he just didn't have.

It's a tough damn league to win in and this guy has done it constantly. And when he has weapons on par with other championship teams (as opposed to trying to make mediocre guys like McNabb and Smith look better than they are), he's gone to 2 conference championship games and should've won 'em both.

The dude was never who you thought he was and trying to retcon his record doesn't change that.
You're on crack dude. I've defended Reid at most turns. Game management mistakes, Alex Smith, Sutton... I never got into that fray. Like everyone else I saw him as a brilliant HOF coach with some flaws that got in his own way. Like everyone else I felt his brilliance could bring us to a Super Bowl but had some serious anxiety that we'd step on our own feet when we got close. I have been nothing but praiseworthy of him except for one aspect, which is his ultra conservative approach to closing games out. Honestly just floored because I respect the hell out of Andy Reid and always have, so I actually take offense that you'd call me a hater.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:34 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Because I went full retard on pocket passers.

Given NFL history, the likelihood of one of them panning out was greater than a once-in-a-generation unicorn coming along.

Can you really blame me?
Thankfully no one gives a damn about your football takes. You're right there with CoMo.

You were the JakeF before JakeF was JakeF.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:37 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
You're on crack dude. I've defended Reid at most turns. Game management mistakes, Alex Smith, Sutton... I never got into that fray. Like everyone else I saw him as a brilliant HOF coach with some flaws that got in his own way. Like everyone else I felt his brilliance could bring us to a Super Bowl but had some serious anxiety that we'd step on our own feet when we got close. I have been nothing but praiseworthy of him except for one aspect, which is his ultra conservative approach to closing games out. Honestly just floored because I respect the hell out of Andy Reid and always have, so I actually take offense that you'd call me a hater.
Because this is bullshit right here:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Andy Reid won a championship because we taught an old dog new tricks.

He scrapped his WCO and embraced something innovative.

He went after the young upside qb even though he had a stable one.

He fired his DC even though it broke his heart to do it

He fired his GM

And if you watch the mic'd up in the playoffs, he kept yelling more more more where for most of the career he would protect clock with a lead.

He is a much different coach than what we had a few years ago. Kudos to a vet willing to try new things.
This is the kind of nonsensical backwards argument that comes from someone that just can't admit he was wrong.

No, Reid most assuredly did not 'scrap his WCO' - he's built on it but otherwise uses the same WCO and terminology he's used his whole career. All he's done is bring back some of the spread stuff he was using with Vick because he has a guy with the arm to execute it.

No, Reid going after a young QB was not 'teaching an old dog new tricks' after the guy staked his entire career on drafting McNabb when that was most assuredly not a popular stance. The he turfed McNabb for Vick, who was the very definition of high-risk.

He'd fired his GM before - or at least made a power play and took his job in Philly.

And again, I've gone play for play with you on this ridiculous lead nonsense.

No, this isn't 'new Reid' or any sort of revelation. You just missed the forest for the trees (and that's presuming there were even trees to begin with; I won't give you that).

Don't sit there and pretend like you had him pegged but he turned over a new leaf. You were just wrong. You've always been wrong.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:39 AM 09-17-2020
Again - I've gone over this a dozen times. The idea that Reid is content to sit on leads was silly then, it's silly now. It's born of failed execution from limited quarterbacks. It's Smith missing downfield throws in the 3rd quarter or Orson Charles dropping balls.
Yess'm.

Like you said, these guys were assigning faults where they didn't exist.

I'll never forget the gripes people had about Reid always choosing to defer kickoffs, like he was an idiot for doing it. The real idiots were the guys who didn't understand what Reid was doing.

Hell, BB was doing that before Reid put it in vogue. Now half the damn league seemingly defers.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:39 AM 09-17-2020
:-) Why are we dragging up old hot takes?
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:41 AM 09-17-2020
Same goes for the time management shit, btw.

Time management wasn't so much the issue. Rather, it was players executing the time management plan.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:41 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's a Thursday that feels like a Friday and the Bengals play the Browns tonight?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:44 AM 09-17-2020
Because it’s fun to look at old bad hot takes.

We have all had horrible hot takes at one time or another over the years.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:45 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's a Thursday that feels like a Friday and the Bengals play the Browns tonight?
Good enough for me. It's just been busier than usual with multiple threads being bumped for humiliation. Pretty funny.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:47 AM 09-17-2020
We ground our ax down to the nub.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:50 AM 09-17-2020
Nothing left to argue about and I can only beat off to game film so often. It isn’t that I get bored by it but rather that I’m 39 yrs old and it takes time to mix another batch.

So here we are...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:50 AM 09-17-2020
Again - I've gone over this a dozen times. The idea that Reid is content to sit on leads was silly then, it's silly now. It's born of failed execution from limited quarterbacks. It's Smith missing downfield throws in the 3rd quarter or Orson Charles dropping balls.

Meanwhile I'm not convinced Mahomes threw for a single yard in the 4th quarter of last weeks game.

He's the same guy he's always been. No, he's not as aggressive as he generally is w/ 2 and 3 score leads because he simply doesn't like to put shit on tape. That's a no-brainer but for some reason it's something people blast him for.

This isn't Madden, fellas. The AI won't forget what you did the following week. Reid's still relatively aggressive later in games fairly often, but he does it in a white-bread manner that's just not as successful because he doesn't want to show his cards in a game that's largely decided.

Nor should he. Those wild-ass comebacks and trick plays that found gold late in the season last year were possible precisely because he wasn't out there showing coaches what he could do when the opponent needed to put up 17 in the last 11 minutes to tie.

Because the guy's FAR smarter than his critics.
People never seem to appreciate the way Reid always maximizes limited talent. Nobody would have gotten the play he did from Alex Smith, Vick, Jeff Garcia and other career backup types.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:53 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
People never seem to appreciate the way Reid always maximizes limited talent. Nobody would have gotten the play he did from Alex Smith, Vick, Jeff Garcia and other career backup types.
It was used AGAINST him.

‘Reid can’t win the big one...’

Folks, he never should’ve been IN the big one. The things he was able to do with average QB talent were feathers in his cap, not cause for criticism.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:54 AM 09-17-2020
It was used AGAINST him.

‘Reid can’t win the big one...’

Folks, he never should’ve been IN the big one. The things he was able to do with average QB talent we’re feathers in his cap, not cause for criticism.
Exactly. Bingo!
[Reply]
Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Up