ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid isnt the coach we need.
Reerun_KC 06:32 PM 12-07-2014
CP loves to treat the symptom while at times ignoring the disease.

Since everyone wants to be cool and bash the lame ass QB we have, we might want to look just a little deeper and discuss the HC that hand selected him to be the QB of this team.

We aren't going anywhere with Reid's preparations and game plans. His play calling is pathetic and predictable. His tendency's to remove the WRs from the game plan is inexcusable.

Until we get rid of Reid, we are stuck with Smith...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:55 AM 09-17-2020
Andy Reid won a championship because we taught an old dog new tricks.

He scrapped his WCO and embraced something innovative.

He went after the young upside qb even though he had a stable one.

He fired his DC even though it broke his heart to do it

He fired his GM

And if you watch the mic'd up in the playoffs, he kept yelling more more more where for most of the career he would protect clock with a lead.

He is a much different coach than what we had a few years ago. Kudos to a vet willing to try new things.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:57 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm going to give that stranger the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant that Mahomes might be able to return to playing, but would he be truly healthy? Is the knee truly healthy? What about that ankle of his that got Cam Erving'd? Maybe we should keep him benched until it's fully healed? It could lead to further injury if we rush him back too early, etc.

That's still a monumentally stupid take, but at least it comes from a place of caring and concern for the long term future, not total 100% unchecked idiocy.
There was some reporting at the time that you can't come back from a patella dislocation without having surgery to fix it. I felt at the time that given his value, if there was any chance of permanently damaging the knee we should shut him down and bubble wrap him until he was totally healthy. Obviously that wasn't the case.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:00 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
There was some reporting at the time that you can't come back from a patella dislocation without having surgery to fix it. I felt at the time that given his value, if there was any chance of permanently damaging the knee we should shut him down and bubble wrap him until he was totally healthy. Obviously that wasn't the case.
I thought that way, too, but the stranger was saying, "When Mahomes comes back..."

If team doctors say he can play through an injury without extreme risk, then he's ready to go. That's all there is to it. If the injury is still bad, they're going to keep him shut down, in which case we wouldn't have close to any kind of QB controversy-- it would continue to be Moore's job until the doctors told the coaches that Mahomes was ready.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:00 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Andy Reid won a championship because we taught an old dog new tricks.

He scrapped his WCO and embraced something innovative.

He went after the young upside qb even though he had a stable one.

He fired his DC even though it broke his heart to do it

He fired his GM

And if you watch the mic'd up in the playoffs, he kept yelling more more more where for most of the career he would protect clock with a lead.

He is a much different coach than what we had a few years ago. Kudos to a vet willing to try new things.
No he isn't. No he didn't.

This is a guy who had McNabb and Vick under center. A guy who had Kolb. For YEARS he was willing to work with high variance passers. He did a ton of downfield stuff w/ Vick when he had a guy that could make the throws.

Reid didn't learn shit - y'all just didn't want to give him credit for what he knew. You've been shown time and time again how often your 'why is he milking the clock' nonsense was just made up. I've given you drive charts showing how it's just complete bullshit and you'll just keep repeating it.

You've been wrong about the guy for years and you just keep doubling down on it.

You're just fucking wrong. You've always been wrong. But keep on acting like a dude with a 20 year track record of NFL success just learned how to win overnight.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:07 AM 09-17-2020
Haha yeah ya'll motherfuckers were being dumb back then. I still remember it. Not me though.

Dumbasses.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:14 AM 09-17-2020
I thought that way, too, but the stranger was saying, "When Mahomes comes back..."

If team doctors say he can play through an injury without extreme risk, then he's ready to go. That's all there is to it. If the injury is still bad, they're going to keep him shut down, in which case we wouldn't have close to any kind of QB controversy-- it would continue to be Moore's job until the doctors told the coaches that Mahomes was ready.
Yeah, I think we had a history at one time of rushing people back to their detriment like with Justin Houston, but I would agree that it seems like you hear the dumbest Chiefs takes you'll ever hear in the seats at the stadium.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:26 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No he isn't. No he didn't.

This is a guy who had McNabb and Vick under center. A guy who had Kolb. For YEARS he was willing to work with high variance passers. He did a ton of downfield stuff w/ Vick when he had a guy that could make the throws.

Reid didn't learn shit - y'all just didn't want to give him credit for what he knew. You've been shown time and time again how often your 'why is he milking the clock' nonsense was just made up. I've given you drive charts showing how it's just complete bullshit and you'll just keep repeating it.

You've been wrong about the guy for years and you just keep doubling down on it.

You're just ****ing wrong. You've always been wrong. But keep on acting like a dude with a 20 year track record of NFL success just learned how to win overnight.
Whoa, easy there. Im not an Andy Reid critic. I am giving him credit for making bold moves. Some of those bold moves he may not have made with the eagles.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:33 AM 09-17-2020
Whoa, easy there. Im not an Andy Reid critic. I am giving him credit for making bold moves. Some of those bold moves he may not have made with the eagles.
You absolutely WERE an Andy Reid critic and one of his loudest ones.

And you were making the same nonsensical arguments then that you're trying to make now. You're assigning 'flaws' to the guy he just didn't have.

It's a tough damn league to win in and this guy has done it constantly. And when he has weapons on par with other championship teams (as opposed to trying to make mediocre guys like McNabb and Smith look better than they are), he's gone to 2 conference championship games and should've won 'em both.

The dude was never who you thought he was and trying to retcon his record doesn't change that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:42 AM 09-17-2020
Yeah, Clay was an absolute dipshit over that 2018 class. And spent an entire draft season shitting on Mahomes because of it.

It was worse than his Herm love-fest.

Kid's teflon, I'll give him that. He just pivots after eating shit, goes whole hog on the other side of the argument and pretends like the months (years) he spent saying the exact opposite thing just didn't happen.

Dude's a master gaslighter, that's for sure.
So I sucked at evaluating Mahomes. I'm not alone there. I was gun shy after getting burned by Geno. Who cares?

I got on board the instant he was drafted, so you can kiss my pasty white rump.

And unlike SOME PEOPLE here, I've never been anything but in Andy Reid's corner, 100%.

Zilla is still spouting nonsense.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:44 AM 09-17-2020
One way we have seen Reid change before our eyes is in terms of not being content to sit on leads. He's definitely changed in that regard. Having a QB who can do it certainly helped push him in that direction.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:53 AM 09-17-2020
"You fought in the Alex Wars?"

"Yes... I was once a Drafturbator the same as your father"
He was the best shitposter in the galaxy...and a cunning troll.

I understand you've become quite a good shitposter yourself.

And he had some good threads.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
So I sucked at evaluating Mahomes. I'm not alone there. I was gun shy after getting burned by Geno. Who cares?

I got on board the instant he was drafted, so you can kiss my pasty white rump.

And unlike SOME PEOPLE here, I've never been anything but in Andy Reid's corner, 100%.

Zilla is still spouting nonsense.
What I couldn't understand was your love for the '18 class. How, after getting burned by Geno, were you so convinced that '18 was the year to go for it?

It wasn't your reticence over Mahomes - it was your reasoning for it. Like I said, I don't think you even hated Mahomes. I think you overplayed your hand because you felt that strongly about the talent in the '18 class.

And it just never made any sense to me. Especially when you started to dissect the likelihood of the Chiefs getting their hands on any of those sure-fire blue-chippers you were sure were coming the following season.

Darnold was your love-child and if he was ANYTHING like the guy you thought he was, he'd have never been available. You just let backwards thinking cloud your judgment on Mahomes.
[Reply]
scho63 09:54 AM 09-17-2020
The impatience of CP posters shines through again.....
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:57 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
One way we have seen Reid change before our eyes is in terms of not being content to sit on leads. He's definitely changed in that regard. Having a QB who can do it certainly helped push him in that direction.
Again - I've gone over this a dozen times. The idea that Reid is content to sit on leads was silly then, it's silly now. It's born of failed execution from limited quarterbacks. It's Smith missing downfield throws in the 3rd quarter or Orson Charles dropping balls.

Meanwhile I'm not convinced Mahomes threw for a single yard in the 4th quarter of last weeks game.

He's the same guy he's always been. No, he's not as aggressive as he generally is w/ 2 and 3 score leads because he simply doesn't like to put shit on tape. That's a no-brainer but for some reason it's something people blast him for.

This isn't Madden, fellas. The AI won't forget what you did the following week. Reid's still relatively aggressive later in games fairly often, but he does it in a white-bread manner that's just not as successful because he doesn't want to show his cards in a game that's largely decided.

Nor should he. Those wild-ass comebacks and trick plays that found gold late in the season last year were possible precisely because he wasn't out there showing coaches what he could do when the opponent needed to put up 17 in the last 11 minutes to tie.

Because the guy's FAR smarter than his critics.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:12 AM 09-17-2020
Again - I've gone over this a dozen times. The idea that Reid is content to sit on leads was silly then, it's silly now. It's born of failed execution from limited quarterbacks. It's Smith missing downfield throws in the 3rd quarter or Orson Charles dropping balls.

Meanwhile I'm not convinced Mahomes threw for a single yard in the 4th quarter of last weeks game.

He's the same guy he's always been. No, he's not as aggressive as he generally is w/ 2 and 3 score leads because he simply doesn't like to put shit on tape. That's a no-brainer but for some reason it's something people blast him for.

This isn't Madden, fellas. The AI won't forget what you did the following week. Reid's still relatively aggressive later in games fairly often, but he does it in a white-bread manner that's just not as successful because he doesn't want to show his cards in a game that's largely decided.

Nor should he. Those wild-ass comebacks and trick plays that found gold late in the season last year were possible precisely because he wasn't out there showing coaches what he could do when the opponent needed to put up 17 in the last 11 minutes to tie.

Because the guy's FAR smarter than his critics.
Oh you mean like the Ravens fucking do?
[Reply]
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up