ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid isnt the coach we need.
Reerun_KC 06:32 PM 12-07-2014
CP loves to treat the symptom while at times ignoring the disease.

Since everyone wants to be cool and bash the lame ass QB we have, we might want to look just a little deeper and discuss the HC that hand selected him to be the QB of this team.

We aren't going anywhere with Reid's preparations and game plans. His play calling is pathetic and predictable. His tendency's to remove the WRs from the game plan is inexcusable.

Until we get rid of Reid, we are stuck with Smith...
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:28 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The disappointing thing was he and JENKINSWINS and people like him left not with an implosion but a small whimper.

Mahomes basically played his first Chargers game... and then they were gone. Hell, I think Tiger was gone when we traded Alex's ass out of here.
What was that one dude? Mac or Mav or something that kept insisting he was turning into a Chiefs fan and wouldn't leave even when Alex did?

How about Sandy Vagina. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:32 AM 09-17-2020
Nevermind, Mav is still here.

And he's STILL defending Alex Smith. :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:15 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

"Alex is what he is"

I always hated that statement. No shit, Sherlock. Mahomes is what he is, too. It's just that Mahomes is freaking awesome and Alex is... eh, just sort of fine I guess.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 07:32 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:
god I couldn't stand Tiger.
not she if he/she/it was a mult or not. but thank god it's gone. Made this place almost intolerable in the Lounge.

on the same level as bad and dirt dumb as some of the DC regulars (Adolf, Cosmo, Lone etc). but at least those parasites stay in DC and don't come out to the Lounge.

Clay is right though; back then, there was so much to argue about football-wise in the Lounge. There was ALWAYS something that was inept with this team. Dark times man.

[Reply]
wazu 07:33 AM 09-17-2020
Love looking at these old threads. Zero judgement for the takes involved. This fan base went through decades of hell, so it's all water under under the bridge now. Was there anybody that really hated on the pick of Mahomes? I know he never really gave any fodder for people to crap on him as a rookie or first year starter. Feels like CP overwhelmingly rejoiced when the Chiefs picked him, but surely there had to be one or two dissenting voices.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:03 AM 09-17-2020
The disappointing thing was he and JENKINSWINS and people like him left not with an implosion but a small whimper.

Mahomes basically played his first Chargers game... and then they were gone. Hell, I think Tiger was gone when we traded Alex's ass out of here.
Jenkins (who I always thought was Tiger) returned after Mahomes injury last year about about 24 hours ("SEE HOW MUCH BETTER THE TEAM DID WITH MOORE")
[Reply]
Lzen 08:11 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:12 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Jenkins (who I always thought was Tiger) returned after Mahomes injury last year about about 24 hours ("SEE HOW MUCH BETTER THE TEAM DID WITH MOORE")
I had a guy sitting behind me at the Vikings or Packers game actually say "so do we stick with Moore when Mahomes is back?"

I just didn't have a way to respond to it. Dude was dead serious. Like...what do you even say to a stranger who says something to you that is that galactically stupid?

I mean it's not like it happened in his 1st year as a starter when maybe he just had a nice 3 or 4 weeks when the league didn't know how to handle him. He was the reigning NFL MVP. And this fanbase had so convinced itself that QB was an afterthought that people who paid good money to watch this game thought 'eh, just bench him...'

It was a mindset. It appears that most people have been broken of it, but there's always gonna be a few flat-earthers out there.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:14 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
What a loser. smh
[Reply]
Lzen 08:15 AM 09-17-2020
Who is Tiger? What is the full handle?
[Reply]
Lzen 08:16 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I had a guy sitting behind me at the Vikings or Packers game actually say "so do we stick with Moore when Mahomes is back?"

I just didn't have a way to respond to it. Dude was dead serious. Like...what do you even say to a stranger who says something to you that is that galactically stupid?

I mean it's not like it happened in his 1st year as a starter when maybe he just had a nice 3 or 4 weeks when the league didn't know how to handle him. He was the reigning NFL MVP. And this fanbase had so convinced itself that QB was an afterthought that people who paid good money to watch this game thought 'eh, just bench him...'

It was a mindset. It appears that most people have been broken of it, but there's always gonna be a few flat-earthers out there.
What do you say? You say "did a squirrel eat your brain?"
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:37 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Love looking at these old threads. Zero judgement for the takes involved. This fan base went through decades of hell, so it's all water under under the bridge now. Was there anybody that really hated on the pick of Mahomes? I know he never really gave any fodder for people to crap on him as a rookie or first year starter. Feels like CP overwhelmingly rejoiced when the Chiefs picked him, but surely there had to be one or two dissenting voices.
Weeeelll.... funny you should mention that.... :-)

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I just can't believe this place is so gung ho about borderline 1st round prospects after the Geno debacle.

Let alone a god damn Texas Tech QB.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:41 AM 09-17-2020
Weeeelll.... funny you should mention that.... :-)
Yeah, Clay was an absolute dipshit over that 2018 class. And spent an entire draft season shitting on Mahomes because of it.

It was worse than his Herm love-fest.

Kid's teflon, I'll give him that. He just pivots after eating shit, goes whole hog on the other side of the argument and pretends like the months (years) he spent saying the exact opposite thing just didn't happen.

Dude's a master gaslighter, that's for sure.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:43 AM 09-17-2020
Meh. Plenty of people felt the same way. As much credit as Andy deserves for what he's done with Mahomes, he also hand-picked Alex Smith and decided to build a team around him. Reid's system obviously works really well but it's predicated on great QB play, not simply adequate. For that reason Smith seems like a really strange choice, especially in hindsight.

Having a great QB means that Andy's faults - time outs, clock management, challenges, play calling at the goal line or in crucial situations - are less likely to break you. High tide raises all boats.

The knocks on Reid were never really about anything other than his game management, this idea that he was a great coach 6 days a week. He seems to have gotten a lot better in that regard, but hey. Having the best QB of his generation is quite a luxury.

Does that mean we're seeing who Reid really was, or that Mahomes is making him look better now but he's the same guy?

Who knows, who cares. We won the 'bowl and now we're running it back.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:43 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I'm going to give that stranger the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant that Mahomes might be able to return to playing, but would he be truly healthy? Is the knee truly healthy? What about that ankle of his that got Cam Erving'd? Maybe we should keep him benched until it's fully healed? It could lead to further injury if we rush him back too early, etc.

That's still a monumentally stupid take, but at least it comes from a place of caring and concern for the long term future, not total 100% unchecked idiocy.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up