ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 208
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*
penguinz 01:44 PM 08-13-2014
I guess we filled up the old one... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149

Welcome to 2014! Now get your ass in top physical condition!

No one else started it so here it is!

**From the 2013 Thread**

If you want to get back into lifting, or need a new lifting routine, START HERE:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...inner_Programs

If you have questions about the SS programs, look here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Keep in mind that you're a novice lifter for a longer period of time than you think you are. Novice lifting can last anywhere from a few months to a year or two, depending on how hard you hit the weights and where you started.

Once you've reached the point where you don't make regular progress on the SS program, you are ready to move on to the intermediate stage, which can last you for a good number of years. Find it HERE:

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

If you're a very advanced lifter (many, many years of CONSISTENT weight training), then there are lot of programs out there, and which one you pick is simply a matter of preference. If you're really that advanced, you should know what works for you and what doesn't by this point.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:44 PM 01-13-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I'm around 185. I was 120 lbs when I was 17 in high school. Pretty much the same height as I am now.

Originally Posted by penguinz:
I thought it was just me. I was 125lbs when I graduated high school.

I was about 130 when I graduated high school. Maybe 5'6 or 5'7".

Thankfully I hit a post-graduation growth spurt!
[Reply]
Aspengc8 08:04 AM 01-14-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
My wife doesn't really care either. Although she said I looked like a bitch when I was 60 lbs lighter when she sees those pictures. :-)
My wife complains when I get under 220, says I look too skinny :-)
[Reply]
NewChief 09:02 AM 01-14-2015
I graduated high school at 185 (6'2"). That's pretty much still my target weight. In high school, I played TE and dline, so I was always trying to gain weight with no success.

Biggest I've ever been was 220 lbs, which is crazy to think about. I've rarely gotten above 200 lbs in the last 10 years, and i consider myself "fat" anytime I do.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:01 PM 01-14-2015
What is the general opinion on total body home gyms? Are they reliable? Worth the money? Effective resistance? My wife will not be able to work coming up in a few months while she goes to school to be a nurse anesthetist so our gym membership is going to have to go.

We have a huge basement that is pretty empty so I am thinking of getting one. I have a free weight dumbbell set and a bench to use them with, but the most I can put on each dumbbell is like 45 lbs. So I will still be able to do some of the basics with those. Weight sets, plate trees, barbells, etc. is really too expensive and my wife won't touch them so it might be best to get something like this. Thoughts?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...13986.12598195
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:18 PM 01-14-2015
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
What is the general opinion on total body home gyms? Are they reliable? Worth the money? Effective resistance? My wife will not be able to work coming up in a few months while she goes to school to be a nurse anesthetist so our gym membership is going to have to go.

We have a huge basement that is pretty empty so I am thinking of getting one. I have a free weight dumbbell set and a bench to use them with, but the most I can put on each dumbbell is like 45 lbs. So I will still be able to do some of the basics with those. Weight sets, plate trees, barbells, etc. is really too expensive and my wife won't touch them so it might be best to get something like this. Thoughts?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...13986.12598195
Can't you join a gym?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:20 PM 01-14-2015
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Can't you join a gym?
We are getting rid of our gym membership. If you mean (since I said we are getting rid of ours) can I get one? We go together and I wouldn't be going without her.
[Reply]
Brock 02:34 PM 01-14-2015
You could get into great shape with nothing more than a pair of dumbbells if you're motivated to do it. Most of the time home fitness equipment turns into a big clothes hanger.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:41 PM 01-14-2015
Originally Posted by Brock:
You could get into great shape with nothing more than a pair of dumbbells if you're motivated to do it. Most of the time home fitness equipment turns into a big clothes hanger.
right. If he actually used his gym membership that he had he might stick with it and it might be worth the purchase.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:44 PM 01-14-2015
right. If he actually used his gym membership that he had he might stick with it and it might be worth the purchase.
Except he said that he's not going without his wife because they go together.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:48 PM 01-14-2015
What makes you think I am not in shape or need to get in shape or don't use the membership we have? This is more to stay in shape and possibly make some gains for the both of us for the next three years that she won't be working.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:13 PM 01-14-2015
What makes you think I am not in shape or need to get in shape or don't use the membership we have? This is more to stay in shape and possibly make some gains for the both of us for the next three years that she won't be working.
Let me rephrase. If you currently use your membership and go to a gym with your wife, then it's probably not a bad investment since you will likely to continue to use the equipment if it's already a life style for you both.

However, the home equipment will suck ass compared to the commercial gym equipment you are used to using already regardless of what kind of home gym you purchase. But suck ass equipment is better than no equipment.
[Reply]
Brock 03:15 PM 01-14-2015
I don't know if you're in shape or not. That's a silly question.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:21 PM 01-14-2015
Let me rephrase. If you currently use your membership and go to a gym with your wife, then it's probably not a bad investment since you will likely to continue to use the equipment if it's already a life style for you both.

However, the home equipment will suck ass compared to the commercial gym equipment you are used to using already regardless of what kind of home gym you purchase. But suck ass equipment is better than no equipment.
Thank you, that helps. I assume there would be some drop off, but if I can comfortably get three years or so out of it, I will be okay with that. I just know that on cheap equipment of any kind, you usually get what you pay for and I don't want pulleys or lines breaking in a year.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:25 PM 01-14-2015
I don't know if you're in shape or not. That's a silly question.
I just assumed you were directing "get into shape at me." I am not a beast or silock, but for the most part I am happy with my fitness. I could always get stronger though.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:04 PM 01-14-2015
Pretty simple tonight - 400 pull-ups. I'm right around 176 - but cutting the **** up FINALLY - I appreciate everyone's support - seriously thanks.

I'm on that ON Creatine now too. i'm 33 waist - I have (at one time) been a 38 waist when I posted on CP. I fully expect this coming summer to be the best of my life.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 208
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Up