ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Media Center>Fallout: The Series
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 11-29-2023
FUCKING NAILED IT! :-)

[Reply]
Pablo 05:13 AM 04-13-2024
I am trying not to read about this and convince the wife to watch with me. I just can't see how it could be bad.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 06:48 AM 04-13-2024
finished this up.

this show has very good effects and great sound design. I loved the doppler effects on the choppers flying around. same with the scene where the power armor flies around, out of control, in Filly. the sound really added to the sight gag and set it over the top. this show is funnier than I expected too.

Titus cracked me up when he announced that he wanted dropped off in a random spot because he was bored and wanted to shoot something. thats something every Fallout game player does
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:43 AM 04-13-2024
1.5 episodes in. This is so entertaining; the showrunners clearly love and respect the source material, unlike so many other worthless adaptations. Absolutely 10/10 so far.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:38 AM 04-13-2024
Finished it up.

They absolutely NAILED how sinister Vault Tec was with the vaults, and getting to see how the vaults that were supposed to protect the last remnants of humanity became the horrific controlled experiments was awesome.

Loved the gore in this, some of the kills were just jaw dropping and entirely unexpected to actually get to have in the show.

Only thing that really stands out to me is the "pretty" ghouls. I'm not sure why the decision was made that they essentially made the ghouls a pink "Red Skull" from Marvel with a crystal clear sing-song voice, but it's certainly the most jarring and the biggest miss.

Otherwise, this series is really well done. If only these guys had gotten to do The Witcher.

The final shot in the last episode was epic.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:41 PM 04-13-2024
I've got to say, this is pretty much as good as it's going to get. The last sci-fi show I enjoyed this much was the Battlestar Galactica reboot, and that's 20 years old now.

I've said before that I clearly no longer represent the entertainment industry's target audience. They almost always either don't give a fuck about or straight up actively hate things I like or care about. Star Wars and Star Trek have been largely ruined, The Witcher was a botched, woke disaster, and even the up-until-now-great Villeneuve butchered Dune. But this was different. The target audience is people who played and loved these games. That's me. It's like they made this FOR ME, and didn't want to do anything to piss me off in the process. So that I personally would love it. Fuck, that's refreshing.

Was it perfect? No. But goddamn, it's close enough.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:56 PM 04-13-2024
There’s only, like, three things on this planet that Frazod likes so you know this is good lol
[Reply]
Urc Burry 06:19 PM 04-13-2024
I never got into the games, and I absolutely love it. Watched 7 episodes over 2 nights, and just have the finale left
[Reply]
Fishpicker 07:50 PM 04-13-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I've got to say, this is pretty much as good as it's going to get. The last sci-fi show I enjoyed this much was the Battlestar Galactica reboot, and that's 20 years old now.

I've said before that I clearly no longer represent the entertainment industry's target audience. They almost always either don't give a **** about or straight up actively hate things I like or care about. Star Wars and Star Trek have been largely ruined, The Witcher was a botched, woke disaster, and even the up-until-now-great Villeneuve butchered Dune. But this was different. The target audience is people who played and loved these games. That's me. It's like they made this FOR ME, and didn't want to do anything to piss me off in the process. So that I personally would love it. ****, that's refreshing.

Was it perfect? No. But goddamn, it's close enough.
just think how much better the show would be if your expectations were subverted.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:26 AM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
just think how much better the show would be if your expectations were subverted.
There's nothing I love more than when I pay money for something I wanted and waited for only to get something completely different.

It's not a terrible idea though. I think I'll subvert their expectations by going from a die-hard fan to never giving them money again.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:31 PM 04-14-2024
Thumbs up from Critical Drinker

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:14 PM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

Only thing that really stands out to me is the "pretty" ghouls. I'm not sure why the decision was made that they essentially made the ghouls a pink "Red Skull" from Marvel with a crystal clear sing-song voice, but it's certainly the most jarring and the biggest miss.

It's Walton Goggins that's what he does just like Justified. Goggins IMO, carried the show if it wasn't for him I might've not watched it.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:40 PM 04-14-2024
Show made me want to try the game again but it can’t even talk to cogsworth or Nov to start any quests lol so I’m out again , loved the show though .
[Reply]
Monticore 03:40 PM 04-14-2024
Show made me want to try the game again but it can’t even talk to cogsworth or Nov to start any quests lol so I’m out again , loved the show though .
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:54 PM 04-14-2024
Never even knew the game existed. But the show is pretty entertaining two episodes in.
[Reply]
BigRichard 04:46 AM 04-15-2024
I tried playing the game once but if I recall correctly I got stuck in some situation where I couldn't seem to advance the game any further. I was stuck and couldn't figure out what it wanted me to do so I just eventually gave up. I might have to go back and give it a chance or maybe they will release a new one since they put out the series.

As far as the series goes it was fantastic. Kept me engaged and I liked all of the characters throughout the show. I like this better than The Last of Us.
[Reply]
notorious 07:16 AM 04-15-2024
Into episode 5 now.

Good shit. This is how you don't fuck shit up.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up