ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 211
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 06:52 PM 08-04-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
That's the point, though. The big market teams aren't succeeding because of their market size, but because they're well-run organizations. When the Yankees were spending like idiots the last years of Steinbrenner's life they weren't nearly as successful.

It costs very little to set up a program like the Astros did. The Pirates aren't floundering because they're a farm team; they're floundering because they can't develop or evaluate players.
You put the same people in those organizations in small market cities and they might keep their teams somewhat competitive, but without the big market cash they won't hit the next level; at least not with regularity.

I get that it takes more than just money; the Angels are proof of that. Trout's a generational talent who is going to waste his entire career playing for those clowns. But there will never come a day when the Dodgers helplessly watch other teams pilfer multiple star players, and that's just a reality for the little guys.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:26 PM 08-04-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
And it appears Jung Ho Kung can only play well when he is all liquored up. He sucks on sobriety.
The Darrell Porter Effect.
[Reply]
scho63 09:04 AM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The Pirates aren't floundering because they're a farm team; they're floundering because they can't develop or evaluate players.
They can develop players and have but then they trade them for shit! :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:13 AM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
They can develop players and have but then they trade them for shit! :-)
Can they, though?

Meadows was an extremely high pedigree kid who just couldn't pick a lane. They seemed to be content letting him fail trying to go out there like Ken Griffey Jr and overswing. He wouldn't have been this guy in Pittsburgh, IMO.

Glasnow had been spinning his wheels there for a couple years. He was slowly turning the corner but it probably took a new set of eyes to really get him figured out (before he broke down).

I still can't believe how much they gave up for that !@#$ing clown, especially when Baz was the 'throw in' as a first round pick the year prior who had been developing on schedule.
[Reply]
scho63 05:08 PM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Can they, though?

Meadows was an extremely high pedigree kid who just couldn't pick a lane. They seemed to be content letting him fail trying to go out there like Ken Griffey Jr and overswing. He wouldn't have been this guy in Pittsburgh, IMO.

Glasnow had been spinning his wheels there for a couple years. He was slowly turning the corner but it probably took a new set of eyes to really get him figured out (before he broke down).

I still can't believe how much they gave up for that !@#$ing clown, especially when Baz was the 'throw in' as a first round pick the year prior who had been developing on schedule.
Glassnow had to deal with our piece of shit pitching coach and staff. They used to be good and the new team would find a way to fuck up Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Bob Gibson and Steve Carlton in one season
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:16 PM 08-05-2019
Giving Wacha another start. Who could have seen this coming? He just had an off night. He was tough out there. Didn’t get down. He fought like a warrior out there on the mound. You’ll see him mow them down in his next start in 5 days. We have complete trust in him to get us a win next time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:31 PM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Giving Wacha another start. Who could have seen this coming? He just had an off night. He was tough out there. Didn’t get down. He fought like a warrior out there on the mound. You’ll see him mow them down in his next start in 5 days. We have complete trust in him to get us a win next time.
Moe tried really hard. He spent 7 days in a room and is frustrated that nothing got done. This job is really hard guys.

But - he tried. And that's what's important.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:46 PM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Moe tried really hard. He spent 7 days in a room and is frustrated that nothing got done. This job is really hard guys.

But - he tried. And that's what's important.
just like Wacha.

That’s 5 runs, 92 pitches, in 3.2 IP.
Welcome back, (buddy) pal.

— Tara Wellman (@tarawellman) August 6, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:51 PM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
just like Wacha.

Can't blame Wacha any more than we could blame you.

Wacha's fried. You know he's fried, I know he's fried and HE knows he's fried. Guy has no business being out there and he's just trying to be a good soldier because they asked him to.

They sent that poor kid out there to fail knowing full well he would. Why? Because of organizational malpractice.

John Mozeliak has to be fired. He just has to be. This team has gotten older, more expensive, less flexible and WORSE every year for the last 5 years. Look at the damn payroll structure lads - this is your team next year as well. They're not adding Cole. They're not adding a real 3b. They're probably going to be worse because they'll let Ozuna go, put Bader in CF and Martinez full time in LF.

And they'll find some schlub like Wade Miley or something to 'replace' Wacha.

This team is going to continue to get worse and will take 3-4 years after firing Mozeliak to get better. They're irrelevant until 2023 at the very least.

It's staggering what a piss-poor job John Mozeliak has done.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:12 PM 08-05-2019

I think this game was important to figure out that Wacha and Mejia may not be future Cy Young’s. That should be noted going forward.

— CardsCards (@StlCardsCards) August 6, 2019

[Reply]
Frazod 10:46 PM 08-05-2019
Wacha versus the Dodgers. Sounds like the student-faculty rugby game from Meaning of Life. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:15 AM 08-06-2019

Mike Shildt said Michael Wacha had good stuff tonight, which raises the worrisome question of what would have happened if he’d had his ‘B’ stuff. Yielded seven hits, including two home runs in 3 2/3 innings.

— Mark Saxon (@markasaxon) August 6, 2019

[Reply]
bdj23 05:21 AM 08-06-2019
I turned that shit off after the bellinger 3 run jack.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:57 AM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I turned that shit off after the bellinger 3 run jack.
I waited until DeJong had to snare a 100 mph 1-hopper and Goldschmidt had to make a diving snag on 105 at his backhand to get out of the inning.

The HR wasn't even the most ominous part of that inning, it was that the outs were fucking missiles.

And of course the offense had gone down with nary a whimper already.

So it occurred to me that I was watching a Michael Wacha start against a no-name opponent pitching for the best team in the league while Matt Carpenter led off, Marcel Ozuna murdered rallies and Fowler patrolled CF.

I mean jesus tits, how many times can I watch the same shit team against clearly superior opponents?

So instead I watched a couple episodes of season 1 of The Grand Tour. Forgot how badly they struggled out of the gates but it was still better than watching Michael fucking Wacha pitch...
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:10 PM 08-06-2019
I've never seen a worse team with a winning record and on top of it Shildt apparently is moonlighting for the Onion in his press conferences. Fire his ass with the rest of them he isn't the reason for the winning record, dumb luck and playing shitty teams is.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 211
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Up