ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 88
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Warrick 10:31 AM 05-05-2024
I down voted your posts because the content was junk... Don't be so sensitive that you have to search for my posts stalker :-). I compared those two player's weight as they're considered small for WRs. Staying healthy is still a concern as well a beating press coverage. I wasn't trying to compare those two as far as skill set, but hey you do you and keep stalking playa.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:32 AM 05-05-2024

[Reply]
DRM08 01:24 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I always try to be respectful, so I will say that's like, your opinion, man.

Remember the play where Mahomes threw a jump pass to Hardman in Tennessee, and he literally split defenders, one of which was college track athlete Adore Jackson, and ran away from them like they were standing still?

At no time during his 40 did it appear that Worthy was running faster than Hardman's top speed on that play. Was he moving faster? Probably, but I have watched nearly every college snap Worthy has taken, and I never saw him do anything like that. I saw him run away from guys, but not like Hardman did on that play.

I am on record as wanting Worthy in the first (and several other big time receivers) and I think he is going to be great, and I think he is really fast, but he dropped weight and trained specifically to run a fast 40. It is the fastest 40 ever recorded at the combine, yet Worthy is probably not even in the top 5 for fastest players I have seen on a football field, and again, I have seen almost every snap Worthy took in college.

Bo Jackson, Prime, Darrell Green, Tyreek, Vick, and Randy Moss all looked faster, to me, on the football field. The "fast" guy whose speed kinda matches Worthy is Chris Johnson. He was very fast, but never looked like his 40 time should look.

Then there are guys that I don't really remember, but I know were fast, like Bob Hayes, Willie Gault, etc.
Worthy’s speed jumped off the screen to me watching him torch my Texas Tech guys the last few years. But I am more interested to see how he does for the Chiefs with route-running, awareness/ball tracking, and catching the ball when it’s there to be caught. These are fundamental aspects of the game that have been missing with guys like Hardman, MVS, Toney, & Skyy Moore.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 01:55 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Worthy’s speed jumped off the screen to me watching him torch my Texas Tech guys the last few years. But I am more interested to see how he does for the Chiefs with route-running, awareness/ball tracking, and catching the ball when it’s there to be caught. These are fundamental aspects of the game that have been missing with guys like Hardman, MVS, Toney, & Skyy Moore.
Yeah why are we worrying about his speed when we should be hoping he can catch the ball or run a decent route. He does either of those two things and our offense improves exponentially.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:20 PM 05-05-2024

A few notes from Day 2 of rookie camp:

�� WR Xavier Worthy had a strong day. I counted 6 catches, including an impressive grab deep down the field

�� UDFA CB Miles Battle made an athletic PBU down the sideline

�� TE Jared Wiley had another solid day. He’s off to a great start

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) May 5, 2024

[Reply]
Easy 6 03:31 PM 05-05-2024
That does it, Wiley is already the Camp Heartthrob/swoons and vapors
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:50 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Odds are 99.9999% against Worthy to be a Tyreek level player. I would just like to see him display better awareness on the field than guys like MVS, Hardman, Toney, and Skyy Moore.
Worthy may be a shade faster than Tyreek ever was but Tyreek is super quick as well as fast. They both can jump like grass hoppers and neither have the greatest hands.

I think Worthy's ceiling is he'll be our faster version of DeSean Jackson assuming he can become a exceptional route runner. Tyreek has that jitter quickness that I don't think can be matched. He's a unicorn in that way.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:25 PM 05-05-2024

[Reply]
DaFace 04:31 PM 05-05-2024
Damn. That's a fine looking trophy case.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:32 PM 05-05-2024

All in a day's (foot)work. pic.twitter.com/cs5NXn8Wmf

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 5, 2024

[Reply]
Balto 05:46 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Worthy may be a shade faster than Tyreek ever was but Tyreek is super quick as well as fast. They both can jump like grass hoppers and neither have the greatest hands.

I think Worthy's ceiling is he'll be our faster version of DeSean Jackson assuming he can become a exceptional route runner. Tyreek has that jitter quickness that I don't think can be matched. He's a unicorn in that way.
I get the Tyreek comparison but besides weight, Xavier has better everything on paper. Taller, longer arms and hands, faster in every test and higher vert.

I think Tyreek just keeps more speed with pads on versus most fast skinny wideouts that run/test in their underwear.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:14 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Boner alert.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:41 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
BEHOLD! This is what you are joining! Give us MORE! :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:52 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
So, when you remember how fast Bo Jackson was, or Primetime, or Green, etc. you can't see them running in your mind?

Are you one of those people with no inner monolog?

Yeah, I can compare a memory to a video. Also, I can tell how fast I am driving without looking at the speedometer. I can match the passing of time, with distance traveled, and do a calculation of who was faster.

Also, if you read my comment carefully, I said that I feel like I have seen Tyreek run faster in pads. I didn't say I know for a fact, or imply that Tyreek actually was faster in pads.

If you watched the combine, and watched the 40 yard dash, do all of the players look like they are going the same speed to you? I don't really understand how you can't compare players speed during the 40 because they aren't running at the same time (or being simulcast)
I have an inner monologue, but I've never watched one speedster and thought wow he looks faster than another speedster when they aren't on the field together.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:03 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Damn. That's a fine looking trophy case.
Hope “F-“ Clark has that case area climate controlled.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 88
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187 > Last »
Up