ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Indiana Jones game in development from the Wolfenstein people
Hammock Parties 10:46 AM 01-12-2021
YES YES YES

A new Indiana Jones game with an original story is in development from our studio, @MachineGames, and will be executive produced by Todd Howard, in collaboration with @LucasfilmGames. It'll be some time before we have more to reveal, but we’re very excited to share today’s news!

— Bethesda (@bethesda) January 12, 2021

[Reply]
Otter 12:12 PM 07-01-2023
Not much at all to go on but...I'm listening!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:24 PM 07-01-2023
What’s the plot?

Originally Posted by :
They’re not giving away too much yet, but we’ve been promised the new Indiana Jones game is a fully standalone adventure set in Rome.

A date shown in the trailer says 1937, and if that’s when the plot of the game actually unfolds, then it’s set between the two best films in the franchise: Raiders of the Lost Ark and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Hopefully this means we’ll get to do some vicarious Nazi, or possibly Italian Fascist, punching through Indy as we take him on his adventure.

As GamesRadar’s Alyssa Mercante pointed out, 1937 both marked Fascist dictator Benito Mussolini’s return to Rome after formalizing Italy’s 1936 alliance with Nazi Germany in Berlin, and saw Mussolini presented with an artifact known as the Sword of Islam—both key events that Indy would likely be very interested in, and have some very strong negative opinions about.

1936/37 is when Mussolini got pretty close to Hitler, giving us a Nazi connection. 1937 is also when Mussolini was presented with the Sword of Islam, the most Goddamn Indiana Jones sword I've ever seen. And a Top Secret binder suggests Indy's doing US government work again. pic.twitter.com/PESN1HhbXK

— Leon Hurley (@LeonHurley) January 12, 2021

There are Cyclopean ruins near Rome, usually defined by being constructed by massive blocks, like that photo, and believed to built by a lost race of... giant cyclopes - giving us a nice mythical twist to explore, and access/link to other Cyclopean ruins all over the world. pic.twitter.com/JoDgHUHanr

— Leon Hurley (@LeonHurley) January 12, 2021

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:08 PM 07-01-2023
Been any gameplay shown yet? Or at least where they're leaning to glean most of the gameplay from?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:24 PM 07-01-2023
we don't know sheeeit
[Reply]
notorious 03:39 PM 07-01-2023
With a few tweaks Indy could be substituted for B.J. Blazkowicz.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:00 PM 07-01-2023
an indiana jones RPG would be amazing...a man can dream
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:19 AM 07-02-2023
Eh, unless it’s on par or better than Uncharted, I’m not interested
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:11 AM 07-02-2023
Just take Uncharted gameplay and overlap Indy characters on it. That what they did with Jedi Fallen Order and Survivor with Soulsborne gameplay and they're both great games.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:57 PM 01-18-2024

'INDIANA JONES AND THE GREAT CIRCLE' will release late 2024 pic.twitter.com/BefEgyX9ti

— ScreenTime (@screentime) January 18, 2024

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:58 PM 01-18-2024

The official trailer for 'INDIANA JONES AND THE GREAT CIRCLE' pic.twitter.com/Ie6uiN3CTa

— ScreenTime (@screentime) January 18, 2024

[Reply]
Jerm 03:04 PM 01-18-2024
I'm not even a huge Indy fan and I thought it looked awesome...

So glad it's first person, did not want an Uncharted clone.

They've really nailed the tone and overall theme IMO..
[Reply]
DJJasonp 03:10 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
if it's half as good as uncharted, and equally as good as Tomb Raider.......I'm in launch day.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 05:22 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
the gameplay looks solid but the cinematic sequences look and sound stupid AF. Why did the baddie get down on all fours? was he trying to kiss Indy? if you're buried up to your neck, how do you even get leverage to headbutt someone hovering over you? those voiceovers sound phoned in, Harrison must be working part time
[Reply]
Fish 07:06 PM 01-18-2024
Lara Croft should have bigger titties.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:22 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
if it's half as good as uncharted, and equally as good as Tomb Raider.......I'm in launch day.
This. Those games were fantastic
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up