kccrow 12:27 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
1. Terrance Marshall WR LSU
2. Walker Little OT Stanford
3. Daelin Hayes DE Notre Dame

Who says no to this?
I'd be fine with it.

I'm leaning more towards:

1. Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech (trade up to 18)
2. Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina
3. Adetokunbo Ogundeji, DE, Notre Dame

Either case of 1/2, I'd rather Ogundeji over Hayes.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:27 PM 04-01-2021

My latest OL rankings for the 2021 draft dropped this morning over on B/R

Here’s my latest top tackle list, minus Stone Forsythe who I graded right as this article was getting edited.

Forsythe = 8.0/OT6https://t.co/koPu9duLEG pic.twitter.com/e7cgkSrDHS

— Brandon Thorn (@BrandonThornNFL) April 1, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:29 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That puts Forsythe squarely in the conversation at #31.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:41 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That puts Forsythe squarely in the conversation at #31.
Nope. Kccrow told me he’s a day 3 pick!

:-)

I don’t think he’s a 1st rounder at the end of the day, but he’s probably going somewhere on day 2.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:59 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nope. Kccrow told me he’s a day 3 pick!

:-)

I don’t think he’s a 1st rounder at the end of the day, but he’s probably going somewhere on day 2.
He should be about a round 4 guy. His feet are shit and his run blocking is near non-existent. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be on the radar or shouldn't be picked. Guys become starters in that range, even at LT. In fact, odds show if you aren't picking a LT by 23, do it in round 3 or 4.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:43 PM 04-01-2021
I keep trying to tell everybody that Cosmi falling to 31 is a legitimate possibility...
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:36 PM 04-01-2021
McShay has Sewell falling to the Chargers at 12 in his latest mock.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:37 PM 04-01-2021
It's just going to come down to who Veach and the coaching staff like.

I think there are several guys that fit the measurables and athletic ability they prefer. It's entirely possible that they WON'T like guys that are 'consensus' picks.

I think a project like a Little or a Forsythe may well be the pick, paired with a veteran on a short deal.

I doubt they take a guy and expect him to start right away.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:39 PM 04-01-2021
and honestly, maybe they take Jenkins or Brown in the second or third, put him at RT in camp to fight it out with Remmers and move Niang to LT. Maybe they think that projects well for them.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:52 AM 04-02-2021
Matt Miller’s latest mock.

31. Kansas City Chiefs
The Pick: OT Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State

A right tackle for the most part in college, Teven Jenkins told me last month that he’s comfortable playing on the left side. That’s music to the ears of the Kansas City Chiefs, who couldn’t reel in a free agent left tackle.

Jenkins is a powerful run blocker and mean finisher when he gets his hands on a defender. He also has the size and length to be effective cutting off the backside on all those beautiful Patrick Mahomes rollout passes.

Brett Veach could always surprise us with a wide receiver pick here, but Jenkins feels like a match of need and value they can’t ignore.
[Reply]
Otter 01:04 PM 04-02-2021
Matt Miller’s latest mock.

31. Kansas City Chiefs
The Pick: OT Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State

A right tackle for the most part in college, Teven Jenkins told me last month that he’s comfortable playing on the left side. That’s music to the ears of the Kansas City Chiefs, who couldn’t reel in a free agent left tackle.

Jenkins is a powerful run blocker and mean finisher when he gets his hands on a defender. He also has the size and length to be effective cutting off the backside on all those beautiful Patrick Mahomes rollout passes.

Brett Veach could always surprise us with a wide receiver pick here, but Jenkins feels like a match of need and value they can’t ignore.
I called it first!
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:57 AM 04-02-2021
I don't think Jenkins will make it to 31 but who knows. I think there may be some surprises on draft day. This may be one of the toughest draft classes to evaluate because of the opt-outs and limited play etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:36 AM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I don't think Jenkins will make it to 31 but who knows. I think there may be some surprises on draft day. This may be one of the toughest draft classes to evaluate because of the opt-outs and limited play etc.
I have a hard time seeing Jenkins at 31. He seems to be be emerging as the clear #4 tackle.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:44 AM 04-02-2021
The guy I think surprisingly (for some) falls to 31 is Cosmi.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:45 AM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The guy I think surprisingly (for some) falls to 31 is Cosmi.
Yeah, I can see it now. It's going to be interesting.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 27
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up