Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:59 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:

Did you also know that in a recent interview Harper was asked about which city has the best food and he said Chicago?
So he has trash taste in beer and pizza, eh?

Chicago does have hot dogs mastered but they still had to steal the actual food product from a bunch of New York Jews to find something they could finally do well. Even then, all they did was figure out sport peppers and neon relish. Most QTs have all the necessary prerequisites for a solid chicago style dog these days.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:03 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Chicago does have hot dogs mastered but they still had to steal the actual food product from a bunch of New York Jews to find something they could finally do well. Even then, all they did was figure out sport peppers and neon relish. Most QTs have all the necessary prerequisites for a solid chicago style dog these days.
Seriously, pretty much the only thing that doesn't suck about Chicago is the food.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:13 PM 12-03-2018

Did you know that recently during a Nationals at Cubs game Harper and Bryant's wives sat together in the stands and took a selfie captioned "we are more than good with this #HarperToTheCubs".

:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:33 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Did you know that recently during a Nationals at Cubs game Harper and Bryant's wives sat together in the stands and took a selfie captioned "we are more than good with this #HarperToTheCubs".

:-)
So the Harper family also has trash taste in ballparks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:43 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Seriously, pretty much the only thing that doesn't suck about Chicago is the food.
Everywhere but London has good food. Chicago has nothing going for from a culinary perspective that every city of a million or more people doesn't have. Spend a lot - get good food. Know the area, spend less and still get good food.

Most expensive steak I've ever had was at Joe's Seafood and Prime. We sat near Scottie Pippen and I've had better steaks at a Lonestar. Chicago style pizza is a casserole and Scimeca's Sausage in KC beats the brakes off the sausage they jerk themselves off over in Chicago.

I'm not buying it. The only unique dining experience Ive had in chicago is being aggressively accosted outside a restaurant and jazz joint on Michigan Ave by a fucking bum who kept spraying water on my buddy's shoes and wouldn't leave us the hell alone until my buddy actually went to am ATM and drew out money to throw him a $20.

Fuck that whole frigid piece of shit city. It's better than Atlanta and that's the absolute best thing I can say about it.
[Reply]
VAChief 07:30 AM 12-04-2018
Isn't he a Mormon? I doubt he cares about beer either way. Now St. Louis County does triple the Mormon percentage of the population compared to Cook County. A whopping 0.46 to 0.16! :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:41 AM 12-04-2018
Almost every rumor has him in Philly. It other teams are mentioned they usually include the Cardinals. I don't think I've read very many that have him landing with the Cubs.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 08:17 AM 12-04-2018
The one wild card with Harper compared to other elite players that I hear about is how much of a baseball "fan" he is. He wants to go to a baseball city and be adored. While sure, every player wants this, most just go to the highest bidder. I could be dead wrong but I just don't see Harper going to Philly. I see him going to LA, Chicago (Cubs or Sox), or St. Louis before Philly.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:22 AM 12-04-2018
STL needs to flush those turds "Army" and Mo from their sport teams or it's gonna be a long decade
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:42 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Almost every rumor has him in Philly. It other teams are mentioned they usually include the Cardinals. I don't think I've read very many that have him landing with the Cubs.
Philly's financial wherewithal dwarfs pretty much everyone's right now. Their TV deal is incredible and they have no long-term liabilities to speak of. They could sign Harper AND Machado and still have a better revenue/obligation ratio than St. Louis does.

So get ready to hear "the market is crazy" again after we end up spending as much for our 2 or 3 slightly above replacement level players as we could've spent on Harper.
[Reply]
Miles 09:45 AM 12-04-2018
Philly's financial wherewithal dwarfs pretty much everyone's right now. Their TV deal is incredible and they have no long-term liabilities to speak of. They could sign Harper AND Machado and still have a better revenue/obligation ratio than St. Louis does.

So get ready to hear "the market is crazy" again after we end up spending as much for our 2 or 3 slightly above replacement level players as we could've spent on Harper.
What you noted is the most irritating part. We know they are just going to burn the resources on a couple of meh guys that won’t move the needle much.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:46 AM 12-04-2018
Everywhere but London has good food. Chicago has nothing going for from a culinary perspective that every city of a million or more people doesn't have. Spend a lot - get good food. Know the area, spend less and still get good food.

Most expensive steak I've ever had was at Joe's Seafood and Prime. We sat near Scottie Pippen and I've had better steaks at a Lonestar. Chicago style pizza is a casserole and Scimeca's Sausage in KC beats the brakes off the sausage they jerk themselves off over in Chicago.

I'm not buying it. The only unique dining experience Ive had in chicago is being aggressively accosted outside a restaurant and jazz joint on Michigan Ave by a fucking bum who kept spraying water on my buddy's shoes and wouldn't leave us the hell alone until my buddy actually went to am ATM and drew out money to throw him a $20.

Fuck that whole frigid piece of shit city. It's better than Atlanta and that's the absolute best thing I can say about it.
:-) You crack me up.

Never been to Joe's Seafood and Prime, although I concur that many, if not most, of the big dollar steak places aren't worth the ridiculous prices they charge. My favorite restaurant in the city is an Italian steak house way outside the Loop on the Northwest Side called Sabatino's, which is unfortunately closing at the end of the year. Great food, wonderful old time feel, and the only thing that's changed since I first set foot in the place 25 years ago is that there aren't ashtrays on the tables now. That's the kind of place I'm thinking about when I talk about great food up here - not the overhyped expensive shit downtown.

And you are just flat out wrong about the pizza. It's wonderful.

As for the bums, that's pretty unusual. This isn't Seattle or San Francisco. For the most part the street zombies are well behaved up here.
[Reply]
O.city 09:51 AM 12-04-2018
Joe's crab in Vegas was awesome. Never been to the one in Chicago, but the steak and stone crab are......they're good.

Frazod, I'm a big Gibsons guy when I'm in Chicago. It's pricey but damn it, I want a good steak and they've got it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:54 AM 12-04-2018

#STLCards and #DBacks have discussed a trade that would send Paul Goldschmidt to St. Louis, source confirms @dgoold report. @MLB @MLBNetwork

— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) December 4, 2018

[Reply]
Frazod 09:55 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Joe's crab in Vegas was awesome. Never been to the one in Chicago, but the steak and stone crab are......they're good.

Frazod, I'm a big Gibsons guy when I'm in Chicago. It's pricey but damn it, I want a good steak and they've got it.
Of the super expensive steak places here, my favorite is probably Ruth's Chris. But frankly if I'm spending that kind of money I'd rather go to a Hibachi place and get lobster and filet.
[Reply]
Page 275 of 301
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279285 > Last »
Up