Wong 2B
Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:53 AM 11-21-2018
What do you guys think of the 40 man roster and rule 5 draft players we protected? Miss anyone?
[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:24 AM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
#STLCards maintaining interest in free agent Michael Brantley, source confirms, even as they’re open to a more expensive outfielder (read: Bryce Harper), per comments by Bill DeWitt III to @dgoold. @MLB @MLBNetwork
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) November 21, 2018
I'm assuming that means it's not BOTH, but rather either/or. I am actually a big fan of Brantley. If/when we don't get Harper, they will then play the "don't put all of our eggs in one basket" approach.

I could then see them doing the Greinke/Goldy trade and signing someone like Brantley. I would prefer Harper and I'm not sold on Goldy long term, especially after the Fowler experience, but I would like the temporary upgrade.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:32 AM 11-21-2018
Brantley is about 15% better than Dexter Fowler, but the two have remarkably similar skill sets aside from BA and walk rate (which ends up as a wash in OBP). Power, speed, defense, health--all similar.

Still pisses me the fuck off, though, that they're willing to sign a FA Brantley but jettisoned a younger, better Tommy Pham. Mozeliak is a gat damn idiot.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:20 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
I'm assuming that means it's not BOTH, but rather either/or. I am actually a big fan of Brantley. If/when we don't get Harper, they will then play the "don't put all of our eggs in one basket" approach.

I could then see them doing the Greinke/Goldy trade and signing someone like Brantley. I would prefer Harper and I'm not sold on Goldy long term, especially after the Fowler experience, but I would like the temporary upgrade.
He was good last year, but we still lack a power bat with him on the team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:32 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:

Fowler 2.0.

Par for the course and I'm only disappointed that I didn't predict it in the first place.

This organization is fucking retarded.
[Reply]
bdj23 01:42 PM 11-26-2018
Donaldson to ATL 1/23 mil
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:56 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
That's more than I thought he'd get on a prove it deal, and with their talent and the deterioration of Washington, I can't blame him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:31 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
1 year deal? :-) I thought he’d get a multi-year deal.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:11 PM 11-26-2018
Whatever they do...So glad that turd flash in the Pham is gone
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:17 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Whatever they do...So glad that turd flash in the Pham is gone
Like his .275 avg with 21 HR, 63 RBIs and 102 R would not have helped us this year.
Why the hate for this guy?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 11-27-2018
wellll it looks like MLB wasn't feeling Donaldson so I cant blame the Cardinals for passing on him. Moose would be an okay upgrade at 3B if that's not the only upgrade.
[Reply]
VAChief 08:01 AM 11-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
wellll it looks like MLB wasn't feeling Donaldson so I cant blame the Cardinals for passing on him. Moose would be an okay upgrade at 3B if that's not the only upgrade.
Maybe an upgrade if you don't think Gyorko can stay healthy (which has merit). It seems more like a poor fielding Tino Martinez type move. If you want to give him a one year deal sure, but anything mulit-year and I could see that fat tub with the range of Bob Horner regressing after he cashes in.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 08:14 AM 11-27-2018
Please say no to Moose.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:18 AM 11-27-2018
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Maybe an upgrade if you don't think Gyorko can stay healthy (which has merit). It seems more like a poor fielding Tino Martinez type move. If you want to give him a one year deal sure, but anything mulit-year and I could see that fat tub with the range of Bob Horner regressing after he cashes in.
My feelings on Gyrko are well known. He's a not an everyday starter. Just a bat off the bench.

But, if this rumor is true, then they are not going to trade for Goldy. Which I think would have been a really stupid move anyway. A good side benefit.
[Reply]
VAChief 08:34 AM 11-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
My feelings on Gyrko are well known. He's a not an everyday starter. Just a bat off the bench.

But, if this rumor is true, then they are not going to trade for Goldy. Which I think would have been a really stupid move anyway. A good side benefit.
My feelings are Harper or bust. Otherwise I don't see any compelling targets that are upgrades for this offense/defense. I would rather go into the season with Fowler as a starter than Moose. If he is healthy and reverts to the OBP averages he had before getting hurt he would be more valuable to the line up than Moose.

Goldy would help this offense for sure. I'm guessing it would cost us quite a bit in prospects for just a one year deal. Now if they get him to sign something reasonable with the trade as an extension that would change things, but why would he? Most likely we would again be paying for a declining player at the highest level (see Fowler).

If you want to do something big, throw everything at Harper AND trade for Goldy. I could live with watching Carp underhand it across the diamond for a that line up.
[Reply]
Page 271 of 301
« First < 171221261267268269270271 272273274275281 > Last »
Up