ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Could the sausage be a competent goalline back?
cmh6476 08:19 AM 09-18-2020
In no way am I giving up on CEH after one week in the same role, but just throwing out food for thought (pun intended). A lot of teams use a lot of different backs in a lot of different ways. For teams that don't have a bruiser or a pounder, could the sausage fill that role and be a TD machine at the goalline?

I'm also not as smart as our coaches and don't pretend that I am qualified to suggest I know better than them how to get the most out of our players, or utilize them in the best ways to win. Again, I'm just asking a question specific to the sausage in general.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:52 AM 09-18-2020
It’s one game. Not sure I’d change a damn thing at this point. He’s our guy. Let’s keep giving him the rock.
[Reply]
Bewbies 09:57 AM 09-18-2020
There was a game a couple years ago where he was the main back, and he looked great.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:58 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
I prefer the jet sweeps near the goal line with Tyreek/Hardman.

Also it pads Mahomes’ stats since those count as TD passes.

They always seem to work too.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:04 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I prefer my fullbacks to catch 30 yard wheel routes against divisional opponents.
That's still one of my favorite Mahomes plays ever. Certainly not his most impressive, but it was just the timing of it all. Week 1, his second career start. He's already looked great in the game, and if Chiefs fans couldn't get a bigger boner, they just did when the goddamn fullback caught that long wheel route and rumbled into the end zone like Jerry freakin Rice.

If I recall correctly, due to a 1-week suspension for Demetrius Harris, Sherman was basically the #2 TE that game, and the fact that Mahomes got even him involved with a score was jaw dropping and amazing
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:09 AM 09-18-2020
Also, I think people are overrating size and muscle bulk in these kinds of situations.

Sherman is built like a tank, yes, but that doesn't mean he would run like one. You're far better off giving the ball to RB who can churn his legs and better identify where the weakest point in the line is. Sherman doesn't have that experience as a ballcarrier.

He's big and strong? Cool story bro. Guess what? So are all the massive elephants lined up on the defensive line. If you need to break/wiggle out of a tackle, Sherman isn't the guy to get that done. Odds are he's not going to overpower that many fat guys and get across the line, particularly if the DL gets any kind of pushback or penetration. Then we're REALLY screwed.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:12 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
That's still one of my favorite Mahomes plays ever. Certainly not his most impressive, but it was just the timing of it all. Week 1, his second career start. He's already looked great in the game, and if Chiefs fans couldn't get a bigger boner, they just did when the goddamn fullback caught that long wheel route and rumbled into the end zone like Jerry freakin Rice.

If I recall correctly, due to a 1-week suspension for Demetrius Harris, Sherman was basically the #2 TE that game, and the fact that Mahomes got even him involved with a score was jaw dropping and amazing
The moment I knew we had an elite qb. It blew my mind he threw that pass to that guy and it was feathered in perfectly. Just a beautiful play.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:31 AM 09-18-2020
As much patience and change-of-motion as CEH demonstrates already, he'll be a beast in the red zone sooner rather than later.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 11:12 AM 09-18-2020
CEH will be fine, you don’t have to pound it over center each attempt.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:14 AM 09-18-2020
They need to develop Chris Jones or Mike Pennell to blow the Goal Line. They can also be a good decoy to toss to Hardman/Hill/ Watkins on a sweep.

You fake a handoff to Jones and you're gonna see 14 defenders trying to plug the goal line.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:37 AM 09-18-2020
Sherm probably will score a couple times this season, and likely at least once from the GL, but running the ball is not really his strength.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:43 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Originally Posted by Pablo:
The moment I knew we had an elite qb. It blew my mind he threw that pass to that guy and it was feathered in perfectly. Just a beautiful play.
Perfect route, perfect pass, perfect play. That shot at :30 -

[Reply]
Bowser 11:43 AM 09-18-2020
I love how all the other running backs sprint down to the end zone to show Sherman some love
[Reply]
Sorce 11:47 AM 09-18-2020
In those situations we were already going to win. No need to get fancy, everyone knew he was running right up the gut. A sweep or screen probably would have scored but we were running clock and didn't need to show any cards.
[Reply]
threebag 12:52 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I mean not saying the guy couldnt score at all, but hes got 25 career carries, lets just let the professional ball carriers do the thing.
Keep Fucking Doubting The Sausage :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:09 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
They need to develop Chris Jones or Mike Pennell to blow the Goal Line. They can also be a good decoy to toss to Hardman/Hill/ Watkins on a sweep.

You fake a handoff to Jones and you're gonna see 14 defenders trying to plug the goal line.
Literally none of this is correct.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up